Big clouds, big taste, little money.

beckao

Hi,

I would like some recommendation to help me choose a new vape.

I don't mind if it's a tabletop but would prefer if it could be portable.

I'm more of a sipper than a big-hitter.

So, what I like:

- Good airflow
- Taste with Clouds (herb quantity is not a problem)
- Cheap (< 150usd)

I like the V3 Pro, but worried about the taste and the airflow.

I don't do concentrates. I don't mind if I have to purchase add-ons to achieve what I'm looking for.

beckao,

beckao

When you say fast, you mean the airflow?

Maybe I can order that to make it easier

1st Airflow
2nd Taste
3rd Money

If it was an easy issue to solve, I would have googled it. That's why I need you guys.

beckao,

maremaresing

V3Pro has great airflow, but taste can be a bit muted. I wouldn't call it a sipper though. It's a cloudy ripper.

But you ask for contradictory things. You want big clouds, but you also want to sip? How much do you want to vape in a session? Do you need On Demand or Session style?

At the cheapest end you could get something like a Terpcicle, but I feel it's more trouble than it's worth.

I think you'd really like this https://vaporgenie.com/product/mini-sherlock/ or the v3 pro, depending on your tolerance and situation. But I'm biased because they are my current favorites. I'm loving the V3Pro for either taking sips from during workouts or clearing a capsule in a single huge rip through glass. The vapor genie is just a monster and fun to use, but you may not want a manual vape or one that uses a lighter.

beckao

V3Pro has great airflow, but taste can be a bit muted. I wouldn't call it a sipper though. It's a cloudy ripper.

But you ask for contradictory things. You want big clouds, but you also want to sip? How much do you want to vape in a session? Do you need On Demand or Session style?

At the cheapest end you could get something like a Terpcicle, but I feel it's more trouble than it's worth.

I think you'd really like this https://vaporgenie.com/product/mini-sherlock/ or the v3 pro, depending on your tolerance and situation. But I'm biased because they are my current favorites. I'm loving the V3Pro for either taking sips from during workouts or clearing a capsule in a single huge rip through glass. The vapor genie is just a monster and fun to use, but you may not want a manual vape or one that uses a lighter.

I think I didn't say what I really meant by sipping vs clouds.

I had a OG Mighty and really enjoyed hitting big clouds, but I ended up sipping because my throat was always destroyed at the end of a big hit.

Is it possible to get big clouds without throat soreness? In that case I'm no longer a sipper.

beckao,

maremaresing

Is it possible to get big clouds without throat soreness? In that case I'm no longer a sipper.

Absolutely, and it's probably the vape that's the problem. Even a jhook or small bubbler (with no water) is enough to tame hot vapor and put the vapor in a format that you can inhale quickly.

I don't feel either of the vapes I recommended would ever do that in their stock configuration unless you really pushed them with more heat than necessary. Like @Radwin Bodnic said, a lot of it comes down to having the right stem, and it doesn't take a lot to tame vapor. Just be aware that with flavor comes terpenes, and terpenes can irritate the throat and lungs by their nature of being awesome.

badbee

Various home built vapes meet this criteria, look at the Pinky or HighLighter (google that with the word "vape"). A low cost ball\PID vape like the Zeal might work for you. A portable like the Roffu might be good enough.

badbee,
Reactions: Grass Yes

bulllee

Agent Provocateur
Roffu, great airflow, good taste and affordable . Small but powerful , it comes with a wpa, . I've seen it for $129, add on a pack of capsules for $28 and that's $157 . Good deal on a solid vape :clap::tup:.

bulllee,
Reactions: beckao

beckao

Imho, a portable ball vape like the thermal accumulator on a glass stem provides that kind of hit.

Vapor density and smoothness are both impressive. You really can get the room cloudy just puffing on it.
Is that like a dynavap but on steroids? Really liked that. I have been wandering about Dynavap but never seen clouds like that from it.

Absolutely, and it's probably the vape that's the problem. Even a jhook or small bubbler (with no water) is enough to tame hot vapor and put the vapor in a format that you can inhale quickly.

I don't feel either of the vapes I recommended would ever do that in their stock configuration unless you really pushed them with more heat than necessary. Like @Radwin Bodnic said, a lot of it comes down to having the right stem, and it doesn't take a lot to tame vapor. Just be aware that with flavor comes terpenes, and terpenes can irritate the throat and lungs by their nature of being awesome.
So, if I want flavor, I'm getting terpenes, if I'm getting terpenes, I'm getting sore throat? Hmmm

Various home built vapes meet this criteria, look at the Pinky or HighLighter (google that with the word "vape"). A low cost ball\PID vape like the Zeal might work for you. A portable like the Roffu might be good enough.
I like the ball vapes idea but do not want to be stuck with a water bong. It's ok if I have a small tabletop vape but not too much gear on my desk.

I vote the rogue wax works 14mm terpcicle if you aren’t against using a torch. It’s like $56 bucks
I need a water bong for that too, right?

beckao,

chillAtGVC

So, if I want flavor, I'm getting terpenes, if I'm getting terpenes, I'm getting sore throat? Hmmm
I would not call it a sore throat like you would get with a cold or flu or hot knifing hash. They do cause some temporary irritation (minutes not hours). I often cough after a small inhale from certain strains at certain temperatures. But I love terpy strains. Going through water may reduce the flavour and effects but it won't eliminate them. For me, using a bong or bubbler has no beneficial effect. It is just one more thing to clean.

Radwin Bodnic

Is that like a dynavap but on steroids?
Not really.
The extraction and operation principles are quite different. When you use the TA (and its derivates) you heat a thermal matrix that will hold the heat for multiple draws (10+) or a few big rips. You can extract all the bowl in one heat cycle if that's your thing.

It is mostly a convection vape, dynavap being a conduction device.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Is that like a dynavap but on steroids? Really liked that. I have been wandering about Dynavap but never seen clouds like that from it.
I like the ball vapes idea but do not want to be stuck with a water bong

Thermal Accumulator actually is a ball vape in dynavap form factor is all, very smart design, easy to recommend if you are into that style... Do not need to use a bong, better to use a different type of water rig anyway, but you don't have to use water, it's really fun to puff on a hook, but you can also use direct... Just take smaller hits and it shouldn't be too irritating, even with thick dense terpy vapor at higher temps

Top Bottom