Best way to vape pollen?

I feel pollen is a pretty accurate description. Its much easier to toss around in conversations and texts for a paranoid caregiver such as myself.
Pollen is a wholly inaccurate term to describe what we are talking about. I've always assumed it was a mistake born of ignorance, since kief and pollen are superficially similar. Some of the bubble hash I got not long ago looks a bit like rat shit. I'm not tempted to call it that. ;)

Do you ever reference your bud as nuggets? Your BHO as oil? Or do you strictly call them cannabis and THC.

Entheogenesis,
A dried cannabis flower is a nugget by definition (a small chunk or lump). BHO is oil (what do you think the O stands for?).
Pollen is the male reproductive part of a plant (sperm). Tricromes are resinous glands covering the surface of the plant.

When you pop a zit on your forehead, do you call that white stuff that comes out semen? :lol:

Yeah I guess that response wasn't too intelligent.;)

Im still calling it Pollen! Your zit juice isnt illegal. When you go into a store and buy whatever you buy to pop your zits you arnt required by law to use an alternate term. Walk into a grow shop and ask for some kief sieves. Walk into a head shop and ask for a grinder with a keif catch. You will most likely be asked to leave, even here in Colorado they highly frown on that. The term wasn't pulled out of someones ass Its been used for decades because growers are required too and it just stuck.

Of course you should call it anything that you'd like. Myself and a few of the other posters were just highlighting that it is an expression (mainly used in Europe) born of horticultural ignorance. If it suits your parlance IRL, then by all means say it. I don't see what that has to do with what is written in a internet forum. Cannabis is legal but you can't say the word kief? That is a little bizarre.

On topic: No wrong way to vape those lovely trichromes! The only issue is keeping your screen from getting gunked with fine particulate. Each vaporizer model has it's own twist on how to deal with that.

Ripbongs420

vapiff
Im still calling it Pollen! Your zit juice isnt illegal. When you go into a store and buy whatever you buy to pop your zits you arnt required by law to use an alternate term. Walk into a grow shop and ask for some kief sieves. Walk into a head shop and ask for a grinder with a keif catch. You will most likely be asked to leave, even here in Colorado they highly frown on that. The term wasn't pulled out of someones ass Its been used for decades because growers are required too and it just stuck.

I can understand the whole trying to fly under the radar part of it. That does make some sense, though I think it is safe to say kief, loose hash, or trichomes on a forum.

I'm so glad my LHS isn't like that, but they also know me by name. I could walk in and say "Hey I want to buy a bong to get high off of cannabis with" and they would probably not even notice. Maybe just laugh at the blatancy. :lol:

Ripbongs420,

illzen

Of course you should call it anything that you'd like. Myself and a few of the other posters were just highlighting that it is an expression (mainly used in Europe) born of horticultural ignorance. If it suits your parlance IRL, then by all means say it. I don't see what that has to do with what is written in a internet forum. Cannabis is legal but you can't say the word kief? That is a little bizarre.

On topic: No wrong way to vape those lovely trichromes! The only issue is keeping your screen from getting gunked with fine particulate. Each vaporizer model has it's own twist on how to deal with that.

I don't think the use of the word 'pollen' is born of horticultural ignorance, it's just the evolution of language. Hash is widely called 'Polm' in the Netherlands, a term since reinterpreted by Brits as 'Pollen' because, well, in English, there's no such word as Polm and a lot of us just don't get other languages ; )

But the end result is that many Brits (myself included) often call medium grade moroccan hashes (ie the types sold by the Dutch as Polm) - Pollen. And just like grass doesn't mean lawn; bush doesn't mean foliage; pot doesn't mean jar... in context, pollen doesn't mean flower semen.

And, back on topic- Pollen, aka usually quite hard-pressed moroccan hash, is one of the trickier cannabis products to vape.

The EQ is the only device I've had good, sustainable results with. But you have to go high temp and stick with it for quite a while. Works in the Solo, to a point, but starts clogging things up quite quickly (even with screens, protective herb layers etc). Pretty sure it would kill my MFLB, so never tried that. Would probably work OK in a Thermovape Revolution - but I'm not spoiling mine to try it (took about 3 months of regular use to 'cure' the chamber with layers of tasty budders, waxes etc) though I do have some new LR Rev tips en-route, so might dedicate one of those to the cause...

If anyone else entered this thread thinking 'pollen' meant moroccan hash, I'd appreciate any recommendations too!

illzen,
I don't think the use of the word 'pollen' is born of horticultural ignorance, it's just the evolution of language. Hash is widely called 'Polm' in the Netherlands, a term since reinterpreted by Brits as 'Pollen' because, well, in English, there's no such word as Polm and a lot of us just don't get other languages ; )
Funny, I thought polm was the dutch way of shortening the word pollen. It seems it's a enigmatic term with no direct English translation! To make it easier to pronounce, the brits went ahead and added a extra syllable... Strangely enough, googling around for five minutes I can't seem to find anything to back this up at all. While:

v7iawxB.png

drugs-forum

nD07ANI.png

wikipedia

mrboote,

ODS

My question is it better to press kief into hash with or without heat

without heat would be best but it will likely hold together better with heat. the better the quality the less heat is needed. high quality kief you can press in the palm of your hand. why do you want to press it? personally i feel it burns better loose. i use kief in cooking mainly so it works better unpressed for me.

peace,

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
Just the action of compressing the glands in a press creates enough heat to get the job done. I however like to add a bit extra heat while pressed as I find it gives it a nice hashy taste similar to the import stuff.

smokum,
Top Bottom