Best way to store flower long term?

west-elec

If you have the energy, an off site underground stash is a free, environmentally friendly cool storage area that can also avoid a possession bust being called commercial cultivation because of your quantity.
"Looks like a good old fashioned hole digging....by golly it's been awhile".
Those screw top plastic drums with a gasket top, like olive drums, are air tight. 3 feet down temps are very stable and will last over 12 months no loss, easy.
I got lazy one year and just hid it in the bush without burying, but within 6 months the heat had turned great to blah...

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
If you have the energy, an off site underground stash is a free, environmentally friendly cool storage area that can also avoid a possession bust being called commercial cultivation because of your quantity.
"Looks like a good old fashioned hole digging....by golly it's been awhile".
Those screw top plastic drums with a gasket top, like olive drums, are air tight. 3 feet down temps are very stable and will last over 12 months no loss, easy.
I got lazy one year and just hid it in the bush without burying, but within 6 months the heat had turned great to blah...

You forgot to add... if your ripped when doing this... make a TREASURE MAP! :)

CANtalk

FWIW, I've been doing glass mason jars boveda (62%) storage for a number of years now in a cooler dark basement closet floor. I've had a number of strains stored over two years now, some three or more. All are hanging in there reasonably well, though after about 1.5 years I start too see a difference/downgrade in the f/x, and most specifically the entourage effects (which become less pronounced... more muted); that's not unexpected as cannabis terpenes have limited long term stability. And with terpene degradation came changes to the odor. With that, there's a bit of potency loss (both entourage and THC), but one can always vape a little more :).

So, I've found long term storage can be done and it works quite well. More recently, I've rotated onto large number of fresh cannabis and it's been great... so going forward I'd like to keep my long term cannabis storage to ~1 year if I can. I find stored product vapes with minimally significant potency changes.

Have a great Sunday.

:peace: :leaf:

C No Ego

I think there are so many factors, gonna be hard to convince me by a single test.

While I cannot speak in terms of potency, as I have no precise way of testing, I would argue that light does in fact degrade aesthetics and taste. In my experience, the same buds in a light exposed environment, will loose their color faster (sun-bleaching?) and turn from greens to more yellowish and sometimes shades of brown. The flavor goes bad real fast at this point.
in that particular one the closed jar was on a shelf by a window light all day for 5 years / no air getting on ther as its sealed however ... that is more important, is a good seal

C No Ego,

Shadooz

in that particular one the closed jar was on a shelf by a window light all day for 5 years / no air getting on ther as its sealed however ... that is more important, is a good seal
I don't know why i always have to contradict u, u personnaly... :hmm:

0.5% degradation by hour tested here..

Shadooz

Yeah, I agree for sun, but the light of a fridge a few non continuous minutes a day ?
The first issue with ur usual fridge will be the temp and humidity fluctuation more than UV. And it is put a little too low, mine is 4C which is right on the "abnormality of water" and so repete dilatation/contraction will spit out the light flavonoid/terpenoid.
In ceramic jar the UV are no more a problem

purepotstill

Didn't think about the too cold issue (or not enough...), but 100%OK with the temp fluctuations issue. RH shouldn't fluctuate if you keep it in sealed jars.

Shadooz

I like the looks of this.How are they smell proof wise?They seem like a nice all in one.
Carefull there is two lid, one airtight and one not. And Boveda in the wood will be useless for the airtight lid.

It's chic.. but damn 200$... can do it for less than 30$.. (with lower cost wood)

Endless Interim

Carefull there is two lid, one airtight and one not. And Boveda in the wood will be useless for the airtight lid.

It's chic.. but damn 200$... can do it for less than 30$.. (with lower cost wood)
Yeah,very pricey.I am going to start growing again here soon and am starting over from scratch on everything.I like durable storage just in case I drop things lol.I really like the Pelican type cases(of course the very much less inexpensive ones) as they come in various sizes.

Attachments

• HF.jpg
    HF.jpg
    321.5 KB · Views: 5
  • STORAGE.jpg
    STORAGE.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 4

Kins

They are hand made. Great products. I have 4 of them.

Kins,
Top Bottom