Best Vaporizer for Micro Dosing?

giannidf

So I've been using a vaporizer for the last three years. The unit I'm using is a Fury two and it won't hold a charge anymore. Been a good unit and just seeing if there's anything out there that's better. I'm a medical user and don't use much flower. I have only used the Fury with the WPA. Basically pack a little bit of flower in the glass and that's all I've ever needed. Haven't ever used the regular mouthpiece as packing the entire chamber is way too much flower for me to use.

So after this information, is there another unit that would be better for my application? Would love to have a unit with a replaceable battery as I wouldn't have to replace it because of the battery going bad. Also, it would be nice to have a backup battery in case I forget to charge. Just looking for some options. Did a quick search and it seems like there's a lot of new units out there. Figured I'd ask the pros. :)

RxPlorer

Coming from someone that has used a decent number of battery vapes, I recommend considering the vapman.

it's the best microdosing option I've ever used, the taste and smoothness are great (with a little practice), even without glass/water. The process to load hit, hit, empty, clean it is fast. Unlike other torch powered units, you won't be inhaling the jet stream at all. The torch just heats the oven.

if you want to go the battery route, consider tinymight

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Totally agree. The vapman and the Tinymight are both excellent microdosers. I keep them both in my rotation. Both can be used with a tiny amount of flower. Both are easy to obtain and use. Both are very portable. And they are both fantastic at bringing out flavor.

The TM has the advantage of of convenience. You pretty much just press a button and go. The vapman, while easy to master, has some technique. I really enjoy the ritual but it's not for me every time I want to make minor adjustments during the day, etc.

That's also a disadvantage for some mircodose use cases. The TM is very efficient. You can't sip on bowl for long time. Even with temp-stepping, I find I get 2-3 hits before it is fully extracted.

giannidf

The tinymight looks like a great unit. Looks like it's a little more than I want to spend though.

The vapman doesn't look very portable. I need something I can use on the run.

Any others?

giannidf,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
I've been using my old Swiss vapman for the past 2 weeks and can only recommend it enthusiastically.
I get two incredibly good flavorful and welcoming hits per load, three if I don't mind the ABV being very dark.
The hits are uniquely comfortable, coughing will be at a minimum.
It requires very little maintenance, yes it may not be ideal for on the go regarding dealing with the torch flame,
but I haven't used it outside yet so I can't say.
But I can definitely say that you won't mind having a vapman in your arsenal.

All my other vaporizers are either battery or electricity powered.
Using a butane torch is very different.
Some skill is involved but easily mastered and refined.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
The tinymight looks like a great unit. Looks like it's a little more than I want to spend though.

The vapman doesn't look very portable. I need something I can use on the run.

Any others?
Vapman is super portable and works great outside, but you cannot use it easily while running. Good point.

For budget options, I have heard good things about the Xmax v3 pro. I don't own one so I will let others tell how it works as a microdoser. I have a vleaf go that is very similar, but lacks has terrible battery life so I don't recommend it. V3 Pro has a replaceable battery so that seems much better.

I've also heard good things about the HR Fury 2 (and the various rebrands: POTV One, etc). Although for microdosing, it would be at a disadvantage because of the convection heat.

The dynavap is also torched powered, but does work with an induction heater. There are a few portable IH options. I think the taste of a dynavap is a big step down from the others that I have mentioned. However the dynavap does have a 1/2 bowl setting that is suitable for a microdose.

Edited to add: I just remembered that you have a Fury already. So you can probably skip searching for info about those. :lol:

Last edited:

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
For a cheap and portable option the humble dynavap really punches above its price range, imo--especially for microdosing. You've got to deal with the torch which can look a little off-putting and be a pain in windy conditions, but that would apply to any other butane option. An induction heater alleviates that concern, but its a bit of a tough sell to me, as even the cheapest portable IH + an M gets you closer to tinymight territory in terms of price (and none of the IHs are terribly small).

If you want something full convection and a little more premium the WS has been a killer for me. However, you're back to a dynavap on the run--if that is your primary use case you could probably just save your money and get a dynavap. I think at home any of the logs would be great microdosers here, the WS just serves double duty due to using dynavap tips (and it seems like the load would be even smaller, but I haven't used any of the other logs so maybe you can just toss in a tiny amount and they're perfectly happy).

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
What's the WS?
Oh yeah, sorry. It is indeed the Woodscents. He used to sell domestic wood models (maple, walnut, and cherry) for pretty cheap, but it looks like these days the cheapest offering is the mango if you don’t do the cocobolo xl kit. The mango looks great for the price, but it’s about $100 more than the tinymight, so it might be out of your budget.

I think Alan at Toastytop does a heater core on his heat island that can be used with a dynavap tip if you find the concept interesting, though. I’ve never used one, but the prices seem to be very reasonable. His bamboo models also happen to look very unique imo.

justcametomind

So I've been using a vaporizer for the last three years. The unit I'm using is a Fury two and it won't hold a charge anymore. Been a good unit and just seeing if there's anything out there that's better. I'm a medical user and don't use much flower. I have only used the Fury with the WPA. Basically pack a little bit of flower in the glass and that's all I've ever needed. Haven't ever used the regular mouthpiece as packing the entire chamber is way too much flower for me to use.

So after this information, is there another unit that would be better for my application? Would love to have a unit with a replaceable battery as I wouldn't have to replace it because of the battery going bad. Also, it would be nice to have a backup battery in case I forget to charge. Just looking for some options. Did a quick search and it seems like there's a lot of new units out there. Figured I'd ask the pros. :)
Storing fully charged battieries for indefinite later use is bad for their shelf life.
My favorite small portable is Flowermate Cap (59$/€), no swappable battery but it has a tiny bowl and is ready in just a few seconds, smaller than the F2, which is my all-time favorite and most used portable vape. Cap Pro is out too, but from the pics it seems way bigger and with a bigger bowl iirc.
Another micro doser worth a look is imho the Vleaf go (79$/€). Again, no swappable battery but it's pen shaped and very portable (even if in my experience it's a bit harsher on the throat than the F2).
You could upgrade to the Fury edge which seems to have improved vapor path/flavor iirc, but it's a tad bigger than the F2.
As much as I appreciate Vapman or Tinymight they are very far from the OP intended use, and fragile to be kept/used "on the run", let alone the WS.
I wouldn't overlook getting another F2, too.

Last edited:
justcametomind,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Storing fully charged battieries for indefinite later use is bad for their shelf life.
Are you suggesting that you never keep a battery charged without immediately using it? I think I would rather trade some "shelf life" for the ability to use my devices in a flexible way. Overcharging LiOn batteries also shortens their life. I find it easier to maintain my batteries properly with an external charger that can manage charging speed, etc. In device I am at the mercy of whatever charging board the manufacturer chose.

Another micro doser worth a look is imho the Vleaf go (79$/€). Again, no swappable battery but it's pen shaped and very portable (even if in my experience it's a bit harsher on the throat than the F2).
I have the vleaf go and it is excellent. However the battery life is poor enough that I can't recommend it to anyone. I actually think the flavor and performance of this device rivals a lot of my more expensive vapes. I have heard that the xmax v3 pro compares favorably to the Go, and does not have the same issues due to the replaceable battery etc.

Grass Yes,

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
@Grass Yes & @justcametomind – It's true that rechargeable cells don't like being stored fully charged (or fully depleted), in the case of lithium-ion cells that refers to storage times above several months, though. Having a set of fully charged cells and rotating them won't shorten their lifetime. LiPo cells on the other hand are much more sensitive, storing them fully charged even overnight is not recommended.

Top Bottom