Best Vaporizer for Compressed Kief

Cotidian

This has probably been addressed somewhere else in these forums, but does anyone who has experience vaping compressed kief with numerous models of pen vaporizers have a purchase recommendation?

Currently, I use a Magic Flight Launch Pad. It does the job, but based on some YouTube demos of various pen vaporizers (e.g., Thermovape, Micro G-Pen, etc.), the Launch Pad is not even in the same league.

I know that some pen models are optimized for concentrates/oils, but unfortunately I currently have access only to compressed kief (and, of course, regular buds).

Any recommendations based on personal experience would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Cotidian,

nopartofme

Over the falls, in a barrel
In my experience the Cera Loose Leaf Cartridge works great with pressed kief. You sometimes have to stir a little.

I think the FlashVape would probably work well too, but you'd have to get confirmation on that from someone who's tried.

nopartofme,

Cotidian

In my experience the Cera Loose Leaf Cartridge works great with pressed kief. You sometimes have to stir a little.

I think the FlashVape would probably work well too, but you'd have to get confirmation on that from someone who's tried.
Ok. Thanks for the input.

As I said, I'm looking to upgrade. I saw this guy demo a Thermovape Revolution:

His toke at 1:50 gave me some serious vape envy. To be fair, the Revolution appears to be designed for oil or other concentrates, and since this guy is vaping oil, I imagine that may account in part for the thickness of his toke. Regardless, I think my current apparatus isn't packing the punch that a slightly larger though equally portable pen vaporizer could provide.

Cotidian,

nopartofme

Over the falls, in a barrel
Yep, vaping oils will pack a bigger punch every time. The Revolution is the predecessor to ThermoVape's Cera Oil cartridge. The Cera is modular so the oil cartridge and loose leaf cartridge are swappable.

You shouldn't use kief in an oil vape like the Rev or Cera Oil though, there's too much plant matter so it won't melt and soak in properly like those vapes require.

Another nice thing about the FlashVape is that it has a very big bowl, which would help in your quest of bigger hits without using oil.

Last edited:
nopartofme,
Top Bottom