Best Perc Type(s)/Best Bubbler for Max Cooling/Smoothing/Filtering

scoobindedoob

I have dropdown adapters that work with Upline Bubbler. But don't recall where I got them.

And @scoobindedoob sorry that my rec steered you wrong. I may be a good deal less sensitive to cooling or you may be vaping at higher temps. But it is my go-to piece more often than not. Especially with Anvil and B2. And as a guy with huge hands the width didn't occur to me as being potentially problematic.
No apology needed, I had impulse bought it before I saw your comment anyway. I gave it a few more tests today, and it is cooler for sure than some of my other pieces. It's growing on me -- it milks up real nice and dense but still ends up feeling cooler than my other pieces that milk well.

The Upline might be my gateway drug into a severe case of GAS though!

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Has anyone come across a d020 shaped bubbler that has 2 honeycombs in it? Honeycombs seem to provide great cooling, but I don't like beakers.

Honeycombs are pretty easy to find, always hard to find bent neck, especially a good honeycomb that has inline below it for full use of the perk, most honeycomb are just natural perc honeycomb, but there is this style that TAG has as well:

Cheaper option:

Or maybe this single one:

This one has the inline below, but it has a straight neck, and a whole lot else going on, which could be a good thing for extra cooling:

Here's a triple honeycomb ash catch:

And here is the triple honeycomb straight tube:

Oh and this has inline to honeycomb sort of, different perc below the honeycomb but similar function, smaller size:
And

Oh and finally here is another inline to honeycomb, but it is straight neck, though it also has Swiss holes:

Last edited:

scoobindedoob

Honeycombs are pretty easy to find, always hard to find bent neck, especially a good honeycomb that has inline below it for full use of the perk, most honeycomb are just natural perc honeycomb, but there is this style that TAG has as well:

Cheaper option:

Or maybe this single one:

This one has the inline blow, but it has a straight neck, and a whole lot else going on, which could be a good thing for extra cooling:

Here's a triple honeycomb ash catch:

And here is the triple honeycomb straight tube:

Oh and this has inline to honeycomb sort of, different perc below the honeycomb but similar function, smaller size:
And

Oh and finally here is another inline to honeycomb, but it is straight neck, though it also has Swiss holes:
Aweome shitnsacks, thanks for the links. GAS engaged.

And I think you're on to something about the right angles, my smaller Dynavap Oasis bubbler with the two tiny honeycombs also has 3 right angles. excellent cooling even when used dry. But way too small.

CANtalk

Nice links @Shit Snacks 👍.

Has anyone come across a d020 shaped bubbler that has 2 honeycombs in it? Honeycombs seem to provide great cooling, but I don't like beakers.
Double honeycomb+ percs 👍. Here's some more. Haven't seen any with the center d020 input, but I see lots of other versions. A simple Google Image bong search shows many many.... search through them in this link and see what's available for what you want. Probably should do the same search for 'bubblers', here it is. All that in addition to @Shit Snacks suggestions and dhgate/ebay/amazon/related bubber/bong glass searches.

It gets to quickly be an interesting deep dive just with the Google Image bong/bubbler search . Avoiding the straight tube style, there are lots of 14mm joint tube options (can use a 14mm/18mm female to female adapter like this one). Check out this bubbler and this one too. Here's a really unique design. And another interesting 14mm bubbler here.

There aren't near as many double+ honeycomb percs bubblers/bongs out there with a 18mm joint, but there are still a number. Here are a few I thought were where you wanted to be, in stock, and which weren't in the straight tube style.

Male joint in this one (can get an 18mm/18mm female to female adapter too).

Out of stock, but looks very appealing (they have a tall version too <OOS>).

Here's an interesting straight tube design, for those interested (and there are many more cool double honeycomb percs options there)

All that's just a bit of what's out there... lots of great bubbler/bong glass and go with what looks great to you from a reasonable source :tup:.

Good luck!

:peace: :leaf:

[EDIT]: added two more glass 18mm joint bubbler/bong glass links.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

also finally caved and ordered this because it seems like a solid slitted ratchet fountain perk, with plenty of right angle bend dry path before it even gets to the water for cooling and catching debris (since it is a male joint I will be using a female to female s-shape drop-down adapter with it as well for even more right angle dry cooling path) and then it has those three cross joint swiss holes for further cooling of the vapor after it goes through the fountain perked water. They shipped it out quick and it is already moving, you know I will be reporting on it when it arrives! (it was $48.85 for me, the price fluctuates and DHgate coupons are starting soon again should be able to get it for under 50)

I'm excited to try the swiss holes, they seem very effective, a nice in between of an egg and cooling spikes perhaps, you just need something to disrupt the vapor, I think right angle bends really help so drop down adapters are really beneficial... GlassManufacturers can send you two of two different sizes if you ask them when you order, and allaccessary has super fast shipping with every adapter you need as well!

Ugh that seller bridemarry did ship my order quick, and tracking is moving, but I am hoping it is actually the right item, if you click the link above it now has a bunch of different colored glass rigs to choose from, it no longer has the rig below which is what I ordered and sure as hell hope shows up!
Screenshot-20220304-192949.png

I hate when sellers do that, it makes it so I cannot post a review on this piece there, since instead of listing it as out of stock they swapped in a completely different item... It also means no one else can ever acquire the item I will be talking about and posting my own photos of lol Yeah it's happened to me before, an items that I already left reviews on, I think that's why they do it, the sellers on DHgate so they can keep my great review, even though it is not a review of that item...

scoobindedoob

Nice links @Shit Snacks 👍.

Double honeycomb+ percs 👍. Here's some more. Haven't seen any with the center d020 input, but I see lots of other versions. A simple Google Image bong search shows many many.... search through them in this link and see what's available for what you want. Probably should do the same search for 'bubblers', here it is. All that in addition to @Shit Snacks suggestions and dhgate/ebay/amazon/related bubber/bong glass searches.

It gets to quickly be an interesting deep dive just with the Google Image bong/bubbler search . Avoiding the straight tube style, there are lots of 14mm joint tube options (can use a 14mm/18mm female to female adapter like this one). Check out this bubbler and this one too. Here's a really unique design. And another interesting 14mm bubbler here.

There aren't near as many double+ honeycomb percs bubblers/bongs out there with a 18mm joint, but there are still a number. Here are a few I thought were where you wanted to be, in stock, and which weren't in the straight tube style.

Male joint in this one (can get an 18mm/18mm female to female adapter too).

Out of stock, but looks very appealing (they have a tall version too <OOS>).

Here's an interesting straight tube design, for those interested (and there are many more cool double honeycomb percs options there)

All that's just a bit of what's out there... lots of great bubbler/bong glass and go with what looks great to you from a reasonable source :tup:.

Good luck!

[EDIT]: added two more glass 18mm joint bubbler/bong glass links.
daaaamn dude thanks for all the links! I suppose the drop down in the middle isn't super necessary, and sometimes can get in the way of bangers anyway. I'll probably get one of these and follow up with another coolness review

scoobindedoob,
Reactions: CANtalk

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968
In my on-going search for max cooling/filtering, I recently got a double honeycomb plus turbo perc piece from thickassglass. They have quite a number of double honeycomb bubblers/rigs/bongs in four sizes. Much higher quality than the stuff I've gotten from DHgate. Though hard to tell sizes before they arrive, as I sort of wish I'd gotten the next size down.

CANtalk

What a cool looking double honeycomb perc bubbler :brow:.
super-heavy-stacked-honeycomb-bong-29108790296659_384x544.jpg

I like bubblers with accent color glass in them, here's another.
double-honeycomb-bong-glass-bongs-water-pipes.jpg

daaaamn dude thanks for all the links! I suppose the drop down in the middle isn't super necessary, and sometimes can get in the way of bangers anyway. I'll probably get one of these and follow up with another coolness review
Thx and cheers :nod:. Lots of excellent bubbler options there. I agree, many other bubbler/bong design points are much more important than an enclosed central airpath input (though it is neat). Especially with banger use. Let us know what you end up going with next for glass 👍. And how it does for vapor conditioning.

Maybe this 15 honeycomb perc bubbler?
10-or-15-honeycomb-perc-bong-13336403804243_544x544.png

There's your max cooling :). It's real :lol:, or a 10 perc version. https://www.tokersupply.com/collections/honeycomb-perc-bongs/products/15-honeycomb-perc-bong.

Good luck and have a great Sunday night.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Oh @scoobindedoob here is another double honeycomb, this seller is pretty quick to ship, and if you buy it without paying, message them asking them to adjust the shipping price to free, since the description says it is free, I've done that with this seller before

Texus

In my on-going search for max cooling/filtering, I recently got a double honeycomb plus turbo perc piece from thickassglass. They have quite a number of double honeycomb bubblers/rigs/bongs in four sizes. Much higher quality than the stuff I've gotten from DHgate. Though hard to tell sizes before they arrive, as I sort of wish I'd gotten the next size down.
Big fan of their pieces.

Texus,

Shit Snacks

Oh @scoobindedoob here is another double honeycomb, this seller is pretty quick to ship, and if you buy it without paying, message them asking them to adjust the shipping price to free, since the description says it is free, I've done that with this seller before

Actually @scoobindedoob I really think this may just be the one:
And this bent neck shower head to triple honeycomb:
Screenshot-20220312-152922.png
The shower head drops down to the bottom to give you full use of each honeycomb and extra diffusion with the shower head itself, probably very good milking and smooth diffusion with this piece...

Shit Snacks,

XpeeN

I have the upline bubbler coming from China DHgate cheap version I posted in that glass thread, curious about the experience, but I don't think cooling is necessarily the focus? Seems more like a milking flavor piece with some potential cooling from the choke effect but I don't know how much considering the rest of the design...

I also finally caved and ordered this because it seems like a solid slitted ratchet fountain perk, with plenty of right angle bend dry path before it even gets to the water for cooling and catching debris (since it is a male joint I will be using a female to female s-shape drop-down adapter with it as well for even more right angle dry cooling path) and then it has those three cross joint swiss holes for further cooling of the vapor after it goes through the fountain perked water. They shipped it out quick and it is already moving, you know I will be reporting on it when it arrives! (it was $48.85 for me, the price fluctuates and DHgate coupons are starting soon again should be able to get it for under 50)

I'm excited to try the swiss holes, they seem very effective, a nice in between of an egg and cooling spikes perhaps, you just need something to disrupt the vapor, I think right angle bends really help so drop down adapters are really beneficial... GlassManufacturers can send you two of two different sizes if you ask them when you order, and allaccessary has super fast shipping with every adapter you need as well!

I don't know if it's been mentioned in this thread yet, but Cloud Connoisseur new Prodigy Seems like a fantastic option specifically for big cool hits, worth checking out his glass thread (a dry piece is coming soon too)

Otherwise I am still really loving my TAG modular super slit donut for an all-around piece, flavor and diffusion, smooth milking, I use my CaliBear straight fab egg fol perc dry usually for the cooling though it is hampered by a restrictive mouthpiece... FireWithinGlass has his own perks that are pretty good, some of them do a lot of filtration and he has doubles and ash catchers, I think you can get really smooth hits, when I use my bubbler of his hits are too smooth and I usually want more flavor and milk lol I have another one from him I like using a bit better...

Try eBay for the peyote pillar?
Phoenix glass or Yingmin5
damn those are pretty cool
Ugh that seller bridemarry did ship my order quick, and tracking is moving, but I am hoping it is actually the right item, if you click the link above it now has a bunch of different colored glass rigs to choose from, it no longer has the rig below which is what I ordered and sure as hell hope shows up!
Screenshot-20220304-192949.png

I hate when sellers do that, it makes it so I cannot post a review on this piece there, since instead of listing it as out of stock they swapped in a completely different item... It also means no one else can ever acquire the item I will be talking about and posting my own photos of lol Yeah it's happened to me before, an items that I already left reviews on, I think that's why they do it, the sellers on DHgate so they can keep my great review, even though it is not a review of that item...
I'd love to find one of these at DH honestly

Shit Snacks

damn those are pretty cool

I'd love to find one of these at DH honestly

Yeah the Swiss rig is pretty fun, I'm very glad I picked it up, sorry that the seller removed it after I bought it, so now no one else can buy it and I can't provide a link, almost feel like I shouldn't even talk about it anymore because it's too much of a tease! If it helps, the perk is not great cut, and it is pretty small, the mouthpiece is a little wide... But damnit sorry, it really is a very fun useful piece! More than my straight fab FOL maybe

Edit: Oh I see you linked those glass bowls, you have those are pretty cool, and that is a great seller in general, worth grabbing to try and see what they work with? Report back!

Last edited:

CANtalk

LOL, what a crazy new bong in that link now :lol:, I'd be more impressed if @Shit Snacks had bough that one 😜.
rBVaqGIizMuABi3yAAE37Ph6njY584.jpg

I find my honeycomb perc bubbler conditions vapor much more than a similar gridded barrel perc bubbler. It's wild to be so noticeable. I'd imagine the multi perc bubblers are another step up from a single perc. LOL on those 10 & 15 honeycomb perc bubblers earlier, they're now sold out. Good on them. If I collected bubbler glass like some of y'all here, I'd have gotten one :brow:. What a conversation / party piece :whoa: :nod:. Cool to get a few new alerts of earlier posts liked here, thx & enjoy the content!

Last edited:

Butch

I don't know if anyone has mentioned anything about Glycerin cooling, and if that is worth it to purchase it.

Shit Snacks

I don't know if anyone has mentioned anything about Glycerin cooling, and if that is worth it to purchase it.

It has come up in the cheap glass thread before, most consensus is it's not worthwhile for a few reasons, the way the vapor condenses on the cold glass I think, also risky with leaks? But it can be effective

Shit Snacks,

feralcomprehension

Qualified Observer
Hey PBB, how goes the search for conditioned vapor/the ability to tolerate those big/deep lungbusting draws?

I too have a TAG double honeycomb and also wish for the next size down. I'd also like it more if the percs were further apart and/or had some larger holes to facilitate drain back ( the space between the percs gets all the water pulled out during a draw and winds up being less effective). I'd also like it more if there was some diffusion between the stem and the first perc; because of the design I feel like the volume below the bottom perc is wasted. Have you found anything you like more?

@Shit Snacks - I think I read one of your favored pieces was an inline-to-honeycomb; can we see it/do you recall the source? They seem hard to find.

Shit Snacks

@Shit Snacks - I think I read one of your favored pieces was an inline-to-honeycomb; can we see it/do you recall the source? They seem hard to find.

Oh, mine was from Kathy on DHgate, hasn't been available for years unfortunately, yeah they are very difficult to find, I have found a few if you search in the cheap glass thread, I posted links, DHgate and eBay, but most of them have other compromises, like being a straight tube, expensive, or weird in other ways lol could potentially be a good thing depending what you're into...

Oh hey I found this Swiss rig on eBay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/333746733558
similar to the one I got on DHgate quoted above that is no longer available, but pretty spectacular as a dry rig with a female to female s shaped drop down adapter, so many right angle bends with the Swiss holes for great cooling... This one seems to be a bit taller than mine, with slightly narrower better slitted fountain perc, and a flat thick mouthpiece? I plaid $50 for mine, but functionally I think it is totally worth $80 (hoping this eBay one is good quality!)

Forgot to mention here, that I found this^ Swiss hole rig, similar to one that I posted earlier, the place I bought it on DHgate no longer has it, and this is a different version, I posted my original in the cheap glass thread with photos when it arrived, I think it is a great rig used dry for big smooth hits and you can also use water as well, this other version is a bit taller and narrower with different mouthpiece and seemingly better perc, but otherwise pretty much the same, just need female to female drop down adapter for extra right angle path!

Cloud McLongFoot

Hey dudes, so happy I found this thread as I’ve been hunting a honeycomb plus showerhead or similar bubbler for so long! Just a quick question, do you guys reckon it would be better to have the percolator positioned before or after the honeycomb?

Cloud McLongFoot,
Reactions: CANtalk

Shit Snacks

Hey dudes, so happy I found this thread as I’ve been hunting a honeycomb plus showerhead or similar bubbler for so long! Just a quick question, do you guys reckon it would be better to have the percolator positioned before or after the honeycomb?

I'm not sure exactly what you are describing, how the shower head could ever really come after the honeycomb, but ideally you have a perk before the honeycomb so it functions better, yes? Welcome to FC duder!

Cloud McLongFoot

I'm not sure exactly what you are describing, how the shower head could ever really come after the honeycomb, but ideally you have a perk before the honeycomb so it functions better, yes? Welcome to FC duder!
Thanks for the info, this isn’t the exact same setup but I keep seeing ones like this with the honeycomb then some kinda perc which yeah seems a lil pointless. Thanks man am really enjoying it

Shit Snacks

Thanks for the info, this isn’t the exact same setup but I keep seeing ones like this with the honeycomb then some kinda perc which yeah seems a lil pointless. Thanks man am really enjoying it

If you can link a photo I'll get a better idea, can use imgur and imgbb to post them here

Shit Snacks,
Top Bottom