• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Best method for extraction into coconut oil?

Hello

Right now I have some really nice CBD weed and I would like to make the most of it.

I will decarboxylate it in a Nova but I am wondering what the best method would be for extracting into coconut oil?

What is your preferable method?
Temperature and time?
Is stirring necessary?

Thank you guys

Right now I am using the the Nova because I am on the road and it is convenient. I got a bunch of 3 cm wide glass tubes that I fill with oil and let them stay in there for half a cycle.
But I have been thinking it could be done in a more efficient way and are wondering if this method is not so good as it is cumbersome to stir while using the nova.

I do have a sous vide and are quite happy with this way of extraction but not when the weed fills into the corners of the plastic bags and you have to shake them to get the weed mixed with the oil again.
So using a mason jar with the sous vide is going to be useful.

KnutAnkhAmon,

Ace of Space

I always make it with bubble hash.
Sous vide or Bain Marie it with water and coconut oil, and let it decarb at about 95C for 2 hours, cool down, discard the water, perfect. This way the terpenes are preserved, it's only slightly green, and you can control the strength of the end product.

Ace of Space,
One tip if you decide to go with Sous Vide.... If the oil is liquid, when you turn on the vacuum, the oil will get sucked out of the bag and into the vacuum. After you put the weed and liquid coconut oil into the vacuum bag, (before vacuuming) put the bag in the freezer or fridge to let the oil get solid. Then, you can vacuum the bag without sucking all the liquid oil up into the machine.

I learned this one the hard way. LOL

IME, there is no method that even comes close to retaining terps than sous vide.

Hackerman,
Top Bottom