Best IH for Dynavap?

EpsomSalt

Hello guys! I'm quite new to the community, and I've read up on induction heaters for Dynavap, trying to find the most "bang for my buck" but there seems to be quite a few options.. So I thought to myself might as well make a thread about it, since there's so many experienced users in here..

I owned a Rover for about five days, but it just died from nowhere (about a week ago). Kinda' disappointing but I guess I was just unlucky, im waiting for my new unit to arrive but needless to say I've been looking for other options since Dynatec's quality seems somewhat questionable ..

So anyways, I have to say the heating was kind of bad, it didn't produce nearly as much vapour as I expected, even with the pulse-heating method etc.. I'll most likely give the new Rover unit to my mom, since I've managed to "convert" her to vaping after 35+ years of bud-smoking.. but i digress 😂

Again, all you guys that own several IH or have used most of them.. which are the "best", out of a quality perspective? Which of them does a better job at heating? Again, I can imagine that it's a subjective question, since some people like cooler hits and some prefer hotter (I prefer hotter hits) but regardless, *any* information from you guys would be awesome since I'm quite new to IH!!! 😊

Thanks in advance and sorry for my broken English lol, much love!

/Epsomsalt

Last edited:
EpsomSalt,
Reactions: Bad Dog

VapeEscapist

Medicine Buddha

This design has been branded more than a few different ways. Mine is called the French Touch but they are all very similar except for brand and some casing differences.

I like this model for the infrared activation, the super strong magnet, USB-C charging, and the faster cap cooling of the whole aluminum body.

New models of IH with finer temperature control and bigger batteries are on the horizon. Something like the Mad Heaters Sense - https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/mad-heaters-innovative-dynavap-accessories.51019/ - seems to be the upgrade I'll wait for.

EpsomSalt

This design has been branded more than a few different ways. Mine is called the French Touch but they are all very similar except for brand and some casing differences.

I like this model for the infrared activation, the super strong magnet, USB-C charging, and the faster cap cooling of the whole aluminum body.

New models of IH with finer temperature control and bigger batteries are on the horizon. Something like the Mad Heaters Sense - https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/mad-heaters-innovative-dynavap-accessories.51019/ - seems to be the upgrade I'll wait for.
Yup, I've seen the Cuboo and considered it, but it's sold out everywhere. Yeah, I've seen the Sense too, or the ads and the thread... Hopefully they'll release it and if they do, IK what I'll be getting for myself as a late Christmas gift 😂👌
best regards and thanks for sharing your opinion!

RobbIt

I have four IHs:
Fluxer Flite (3X18350),
Fluxer AC model,
the Wand and
VHF Carbon (internal 2500 maH).

I use the Fluxer AC the most. I like the Flite and VHB equally as portables. I use the Wand least because it combusts my DVs too easily but it’s a high quality product nonetheless.

EpsomSalt

I'm definately gonna check out the SJK, never heard of it!

Hmm, I've read about both the fluxer and the VHB, which one has the best battery? Isn't 3x18350 more juice than a single 2500mah? On the other hand, I guess it's larger too?

Damn, I really hope MAD Heaters comes through with the Sense, it seems out of this world!! I really hope they'll release it with an acceptable price too, but I can imagine it's gonna cost quite a lot, since it's gonna be like the Koenigsegg of IH's lol... Best regards and thanks for all the replies! I'm gonna check some reviews on YouTube 😎🧐

EpsomSalt

I have four IHs:
Fluxer Flite (3X18350),
Fluxer AC model,
the Wand and
VHF Carbon (internal 2500 maH).

I use the Fluxer AC the most. I like the Flite and VHB equally as portables. I use the Wand least because it combusts my DVs too easily but it’s a high quality product nonetheless.
Hmm, im definately looking for a portable one, that fits in my sling-bag or even a pocket. I'd say the Rover is a little too big (for comparison), I'd appreciate something smaller but at the same time, I want some good quality as well as performance. Best regards!!

EpsomSalt,

im not a robot

i have been in a similar situation as you - overwhelmed by IH choices, and i cannot give you good advice as i still own none. however, you may not be aware of this one https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/...trolled-induction-for-use-with-dynavap.51547/ sounds pretty good on paper & at a good pricepoint. but - & big but - this is preorder only (due second half of october i think) so who knows how good this actually will turn out

im not a robot,
Reactions: EpsomSalt

EpsomSalt

i have been in a similar situation as you - overwhelmed by IH choices, and i cannot give you good advice as i still own none. however, you may not be aware of this one https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/...trolled-induction-for-use-with-dynavap.51547/ sounds pretty good on paper & at a good pricepoint. but - & big but - this is preorder only (due second half of october i think) so who knows how good this actually will turn out
Yeah, as you're saying, it looks solid on paper. 140 bucks is definately a good price, if it holds to the test of time that is.

Aaand, if they actually ship units, and that they are what they claimed them to be! As you say, when it's pre-order, anything can happen.. Thanks for posting the link! Peace!

EpsomSalt,
Reactions: RobbIt

EpsomSalt

Yup, I've heard about pipes. I even downloaded his Google doc, where he states buyers FAQ and apparently he doesn't ship battery-powered units overseas. Or maybe I misread it but that's how I got it.

Guys, quick question; I'm getting my new Rover unit tomorrow, does anybody know what type of battery it has? Like, should I charge it fully and deplete it a couple of cycles or what? I just want it to last this time lol. Thanks in advance!

EpsomSalt,

Greenleaf88

I just got a ufo induction heater, and I built one insert to hit harder than a torch it's incredible. The bowl is toasty on verge of combustion. Hits like a truck

Aryeah

Vape Man
I am using a vhb carbon and they now have a smaller version which is more suited for a pocket. I think these are very well made, and the heating element is adjustable to your liking.

Hoothh

Hello @Hoothh,
Go up to the envelope symbol (top left of your screen), then "start a conversation", then send @Pipes a PM.

You can view his google page here to learn more:
Thanks which one is best to use with a bubbler? I’m thinking the shorter one but the longer one is the portable one with battery? Can you still use it plugged in if the battery dies or pass thru charging and use at same time?

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Thanks which one is best to use with a bubbler? I’m thinking the shorter one but the longer one is the portable one with battery? Can you still use it plugged in if the battery dies or pass thru charging and use at same time?
The HS can be used while charging, although if it is completely dead you'll need to wait a little bit until it starts building a small charge.

While you can invert either IH and place it on top of a DV tip that is set in a bubbler, you would generally heat the DV first then remove and place it in the bubbler after heating. Whether you get the caldron or HS is more about you need to move your set up around the house or take it out of the house. The caldron is a great IH for when you tend to vape in one location in your home, otherwise you'll be unplugging and plugging it in over and over. But you'd have continuous use since it's a plug in. The HS gives you portability. It's about the size of a pack of cigarettes.

I have both and use my HS most of the time when using my dynavaps. I do leave my trusty caldron at the ready since it doesn't draw any current until you actively use it to heat a cap. I'll use it if the HS is being charged.

Hoothh

The HS can be used while charging, although if it is completely dead you'll need to wait a little bit until it starts building a small charge.

While you can invert either IH and place it on top of a DV tip that is set in a bubbler, you would generally heat the DV first then remove and place it in the bubbler after heating. Whether you get the caldron or HS is more about you need to move your set up around the house or take it out of the house. The caldron is a great IH for when you tend to vape in one location in your home, otherwise you'll be unplugging and plugging it in over and over. But you'd have continuous use since it's a plug in. The HS gives you portability. It's about the size of a pack of cigarettes.

I have both and use my HS most of the time when using my dynavaps. I do leave my trusty caldron at the ready since it doesn't draw any current until you actively use it to heat a cap. I'll use it if the HS is being charged.
Thanks! The pictures don’t have a quarter or banana for scale and it’s really hard to find any videos of these devices. So the taller one is actually the size of a pack of cigs? So the shorter one is half the size of a pack of cigs but not portable?

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Thanks! The pictures don’t have a quarter or banana for scale and it’s really hard to find any videos of these devices. So the taller one is actually the size of a pack of cigs? So the shorter one is half the size of a pack of cigs but not portable?
the caldron is shorter but is a bit thicker than the HS. The caldron is plug in only. The HS is taller and about the size of a cigarette pack. Both work very well.

BabyFacedFinster,
Reactions: EpsomSalt

bask

Did you use the Rover with SS or Ti?
The density properties of the metal also affect performance. Some IHs are more adjusted for SS, others for Ti and some can be adjusted to taste, but to a limited degree. That being said, some just heat up slowly and weakly and others are very aggressive.
Fine tuning is on the horizon, but we gotta be patient. And it doesn’t mean that you can’t get a good device now. It’s just difficult to make a decision without trying it out and based on the experiences of others and what they do and don’t mention.

I think the IH for DynaVap market is just starting to learn how to walk. It’s mostly hobby builders, but the Chinese are waking up to it. Not sure if that’s a good thing, as it leads to cloning and sub-optimal developed products, but who knows…

EpsomSalt

I'm a stainless Steel-man myself, my sister rocks titanium tips and yeah, oh can tell that the titanium tips are producing way more vapour with the rover. But I can get okay-ish hits if I go past the clicks, for like 3-4 seconds.

But yeah I can definately agree, the market is waking up. In a couple of years, who knows how the market will look.. bit as you're saying, it's clearly in its infancy..

Best regards folks, And thanks for chiming in!! :D

EpsomSalt,
Reactions: bask

bask

I'm a stainless Steel-man myself
Yeah, I figured as much. Then you got to decrease the coil diameter. Get some more aggressive heating.

What I'm excited about though is to be able to throttle at a certain temperature, so that even if you get to the ideal temperature quick you can just let the cap heat soak a bit to get that perfect draw without increased chance of combustion. But then also that you can adjust wattage, so you can adjust how fast or slow you're going to get to that temperature.

I realise my answer doesn't help to make a choice now, but hopefully people will have a more detailed explanation of their inhalation style, which TED configuration they use and why they love the IH that they love.

fogbank

I just received my Orion V2 a couple of days ago. I have been using a UFO.

The VapCap sits slightly higher in the heating tube in the Orion than it does in the thicker glass tube in the UFO.

As a result, the Orion takes less time to heat to the click, the extraction is less thorough, and the ABV comes out lighter. It takes more draws to finish the bowl with the Orion.

With the UFO sitting deeper in the glass tube it takes longer to heat to the click, the extraction is more thorough, and the ABV comes out much darker.

The UFO comes with silicone disks that allow you to raise the height of the VapCap, which theoretically would make it peform more like the Orion. Unfortunately I can't reduce the height of the VapCap in the Orion, so I can't make it work more like the UFO.

I like the UFO better.

Top Bottom