Best glass for ZX

ElMismo

Hey everyone!

I got a ZX on the way. I thought, what better time to upgrade my glass?

I’m interested to know what you guys think would be the ideal glass, best all around, to pair with ZX?

Up to 300$

I’m leaning toward the protege V2, but I’m open to suggestions!

Other question :
If I’m not expecting to use it with anything else for a while, should I go straight to a 14 connection..
Or should I try to be future proof with an 18 and a reducer ?

Radwin Bodnic

Hey everyone!

I got a ZX on the way. I thought, what better time to upgrade my glass?

I’m interested to know what you guys think would be the ideal glass, best all around, to pair with ZX?

Up to 300$

Other question :
If I’m not expecting to use it with anything else for a while, should I go straight to a 14 connection..
I don't have a ZX but based on the design and heater mass, I think a j-hook could be a solid (and cheap) option.

Sativapo

I've got a little chinese standing dimpled j hook that is excellent with the zx.

If I was in the US I'd be grabbing a j hook from hookahead that seem to be at an excellent price for what you get

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
The protégé is a great piece and absolutely smooth, but you'll keep more flavor with the influx or prophet. Or even a j-hook as others have suggested. I have lots at I've found at various prices. Definitely look for cooling features like dimples or right angles. Check the j-hook thread for good options:

Other question :
I typically buy 18mm for flower but I think the difference isn't that serious. It is easier to adapt down to 14mm, but if you only buy 14mm plug bowls and adapters that will also be fine for you.

chimpybits

Also thinking about this as I ponder the ZX yet again :bang: check out the responses and recs to a similar question on the CC Glass thread
Those all look awesome. :brow:
If I wanted one for dry herb, with something like the Zeal or the ZX..
Which would one of those would be better ?
The protege v2, profet, influx, vertex or dante ?

I don’t like restriction very much..
Thank you
:shrug:

chimpybits,
Reactions: LotV

ElMismo

Not exacly the same question.
I’m afraid the vortex would be a little too close from my face. But I guess I could use a drop down. Protege V2 looks like a winner as I stated.
But I still wanted to get opinions outside of CC.

Happy to get these new answers.
GooRoo Glass HD 3-piece
Thank you Pukka
How do you like the MP on this one?
I must admit it looks pretty awesome!

I already have a great J-hook
I thought I might need more cooling and that it would work better on a wp.
Thank you for the suggestion !

Decisions, decisions.
Thank you for your answers.
I appreciate it!

ElMismo

I ended up ordering an influx.
I’m sure the GooRoo Glass HD 3-piece is an excellent choice as well, but I wanted to get some whirlpool action.
I almost got the protege and the calypso as well, hard to restrain myself on this one.

I’ll give a review in a few months.
Thank you all for your suggestions.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I ended up ordering an influx.
I’m sure the GooRoo Glass HD 3-piece is an excellent choice as well, but I wanted to get some whirlpool action.
I almost got the protege and the calypso as well, hard to restrain myself on this one.

I’ll give a review in a few months.
Thank you all for your suggestions.

Great choice with the influx!
Regular not mini? in 14

I'd recommend checking out the new FC mod from SamL Popular Glass instead of the HD3 when the time comes btw

I also always use drop down adapters, keeps water cleaner, adds a little extra cooling, gets vape and bowl lower to the side out of your face, and makes it easy to switch sizes 18-14 or any which way...

You might also like Texas Hot Glass

ElMismo

Yeah! Thx man !
I went for the full size in 14.
Almost chose the 18 option, but I told myself, it would be a good enough reason to get another one when the time comes! :tup:
And I will surely play with drop downs soon, Thanks again for the tips !!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom