Best electronic vape for flower / concentrates?

Verax

Hi all - I'm very new to the concentrates game. I've been vaping flower for about 6-7 years now, but never took a dab hit, and have not yet experimented with concentrates. I recently picked up some wax from my local dispensary, and would like to partake. :)

In your experience - what are some of the better vapes to consume concentrates in? I've got a pretty decent collection of both portables and desktops, and many of them allow for dual purpose. Just wanted to see what folks liked to use for this purpose.

thanks in advance for any opinions! :)

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
IMO nothing designed around flower really vapes concentrates that well.

I would say the Vrod is probably the best at both that I've owned, but any serious vaporizer enthusiast will likely prefer a dedicated concentrate setup. IME flower works best with convection, concentrates work best with conduction.

I like glass, so a simple axial coil and banger from @710Coils is enough for me.

If I was starting today with nothing I would get an enail controller, a NewVape WeedEater for flower, and an axial coil/banger setup for extracts and call it a day.

hd_rider

I absolutely love my Dr. Dabber SWITCH.

During the week, I stick to flower consumption only using my Epic eNano. But when the weekend rolls around, I switch to concentrates and break out my SWITCH.

And it continues to happily vaporize just about any concentrate I throw at it, including shatter, pie crust, wax, resin, and rosin.

shredder

Hi all - I'm very new to the concentrates game. I've been vaping flower for about 6-7 years now, but never took a dab hit, and have not yet experimented with concentrates. I recently picked up some wax from my local dispensary, and would like to partake. :)

In your experience - what are some of the better vapes to consume concentrates in? I've got a pretty decent collection of both portables and desktops, and many of them allow for dual purpose. Just wanted to see what folks liked to use for this purpose.

thanks in advance for any opinions! :)

A lot of duel purpose vapes will do a decent job, I've used my ssv, mighty, underdog, F2, dynavap, along with a lot of pens with concentrates. If your only going to use concentrates once in a while they are worth a look.

But like @invertedisdead said a dedicated concentrate vape is best. So if your going to get into concentrates, I'd go this route.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
A true dab experience with a banger and such is great if you like large amounts of vapor at one time. I find such dab hits are too much vapor at one time for me. Even the portable mods with the quartz and Ti cups require more dab material than I want to use at any given time.

I like my vapes which are good for both flower and conc. I often mix my dabs in organic cotton and put that in my e-nano or the Fury 2. I can then take many smaller hits over as much time as I like. At temps set around 400F I don't get a build up of burnt oil and waxes over time and get decent flavor after many hits on the same bowl.

Although I do get a lot of guilty pleasure out of the Boundless Terp pen lately. After a good seasoning, it gives great flavor on the tinest bit of rosin. Go figure.

Beyonder420

Cheap 20mm quartz bangers can be used with a $13 Arizer.com adapter for convection vaping of dry herb: https://arizer.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/Frosted-Glass-Aroma-Tube-14mm.jpg
(Gotta pick a Solo/Solo II and then choose the 'Looking for Acessories' link at the bottom.)

Planet Vape was selling a $120 e-nail controller with 20mm coil, so for under $150 you could be dabbing and have a backup dry herb vape. (Assuming you have a bubbler/bong. Otherwise add $40-$80.)

CANtalk

IMO, I recommend you include trying your VapeXhale Cloud EVO in the sampling @Verax :tup:. Lots of owners in the FC EVO thread here do concentrates regularly. I suggest using the VapeXnail option and by all means visit the EVO thread to ask-for/find tips and methods on dabbing :).

Enjoy the experiences :peace: :leaf: .

Last edited:

Verax

IMO, I recommend you include trying your VapeXhale Cloud EVO in the sampling @Verax :tup:. Lots of owners in the FC EVO thread here do concentrates regularly. I suggest using the VapeXnail option and by all means visit the EVO thread to ask-for/find tips and methods on dabbing :).

Enjoy the experiences :peace: :leaf: .

Yeah, I actually came to that conclusion as well. I just got some of the VapeXnails earlier this week, and was planning on giving it a go with my old Cloud Evo this weekend.

really appreciate all the great advice

Verax

Holy balls. Yeah, the VapeXhale did the trick! Was super easy, and such a tiny amount hit me like a ton of bricks! Only downside is that the flavor started awesome, but by the end tasted pretty.... burned, might be the best way to describe it.

CANtalk

Great to hear @Verax :). Many people have found the EVO susceptible to toasty flavors when the dab is overcooked (me included). FWIW, I spent a number of months refining and adjusting my EVO methods with concentrates and now consistently get great flavors without overcooking the dab into toasty flavors. It's excellent and I'd be happy to share :tup:. There are definitely some basic techniques required to getting the best vapor from the EVO with concentrates. PM me if you want for more info.

Last edited:

sharondesigner

Product Designer
I am currently learning about dab concentrates. Compare the similarities and differences between dab rig, dab pen and nectar collector.

sharondesigner,
Reactions: Whisper

Whisper

I have the Headbanger, my first concentrate vaporizer. I really like it, dip or dab will do ya!

Cereal4dinner

Try dabbing, unless your doing concentrates on the go with a wax pen, Dabbing is the absolute best way to consume concentrates.

I tried most of the electronic vapes on the market with concentrates and they all come short of just doing a low temp dab.

Cereal4dinner,
Reactions: Whisper
Top Bottom