Best BHO Extraction tube

Hobbess

Relaxed

I've been running my BHO out of 5/8" copper tubing for years and I want to switch to a stainless steel tube with valves for closing and keeping the pressure inside the tube.

I've found two versions, one from Ablaze and the second from Best Value Vacs.

Ablaze offers a 45 gram tube, including tripod, for $99, free shipping.

Best Value vacs offers what appears to be a similar model for $180.

It seems like a no brainer, go for the less expensive unit, but there may be quality issues that only a review will tell us.

Have any of you used either unit, or do you have a different extractor?

https://www.bestvaluevacs.com/1-5-standard-closed-column-extractor-45-270g.html

https://ablazecustom.com/products/ablaze-closed-column-open-blast-extractor-45-gram-with-tripod

33_x700.jpg

150x6s.jpg

Thanks for the help.

kazz

Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
I have the Best Value Vacs extractor in the (I believe) 45 gram size. It works well, and I have no complaints. I have no experieince with the Ablaze unit.

Good Luck with your decision!

kazz,
Reactions: Ramahs

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Is somebody know if there is a DIY extractor tube building thread around?

I'm thinking to make one myself but I want to be sure all the components I might use are safe, valves are specific to run butane through them, isn't it?

Like the Ablaze pricepoint, a lot more affordable than everything else I seen!

PPN,

Hobbess

Relaxed

FlyingLow I ordered the Ablaze, less expensive and lots of good reviews on Amazon. A few poor reviews but Best Quality Vacs had their detractors too.

I ordered directly from Ablaze rather than going through Amazon becuase it was $10 +shipping cheaper, and I got to use paypal instead of a credit card.

I'll post a review when they come in, April 1 order.

Hobbess

Relaxed

Got a shipment conformation and tracking number this morning, 2 days into the order.

Hobbess,
Reactions: rouxdy

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Awesome!
I've become a big fan of rosin since getting a Dabpress, but really LOVE BHO. Looking at getting a setup as well.

FlyingLow,
Reactions: rouxdy

Hobbess

Relaxed

I tried to use the tracking from Ablaze's web site and got this:

Your connection is not private
Attackers might be trying to steal your information from ablazecustom.com (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards).

And their webite wouldn't open.

Does anyone know if this is part of browser security?

Can you reach their website through the link in this post?

Thanks.

https://ablazecustom.com/products/ablaze-closed-column-open-blast-extractor-45-gram-with-tripod

Hobbess,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
wow!
Looks awesome

What other equipment is necessary?

What is the procedure after blast to get to a dabbable end material?

FlyingLow,

Hobbess

Relaxed

FlyingLow from what I can see from their package all that is needed is a pyrex tray for catching the BHO, butane and plant material.

I've got a quart of trim decarboxlated by my Nova, waiting for the Ablaze to extract the honey oil.

To get a dabbable product we'd need vaccum chambers to purge the remaining butane.

Which DabPress did you get?

What are your thoughts on it?

I love watching the pressing process on youtube!

I sent an inquiry to Ablaze and they responded within 24 hours. Customer service seems to be on the ball.

Hobbess,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I am currently using the 10t3x5v with strongly pump. I really appreciate the simplicity of this Rosin setup. I can go from flower to dab and can fully clean the shop up after in less than 10 minutes. With this setup, I'll NEVER go back to a hair straightener again. Even my Slug has remained unused since I got the DP.

It just works and I've made some killer rosin.

What vacuum are you using?

FlyingLow,

Hobbess

Relaxed

I don't have a vacuum, it'll be my next purchase.

I've been baking at 140F for 30 minutes to boil off any trapped gas.

I've been using the honey oil to make oil drops, just getting into dabbing again.

Hobbess,

Hobbess

Relaxed

The Ablaze extractor came in yesterday, April 18th. 18 Days from order to deliver, pretty good coming from China and free shipping.

The parts all seem quality, the application intuitive. Quick to put together and take apart again.

On top is my 30" x 5/8" old extraction tube.

10h6sms.jpg

The Ablaze 45 gram tube is 6" long, plus end fittings.

25q9o9k.jpg

I'll load the tube with decarbed trim tonight and put the gizmo in my freezer until I get a clear night (no rain).

I'll post the capacity in grams later on.

Last edited:
Hobbess,

Hobbess

Relaxed

I did my first extraction using a 6" (45 gram) tube and I measured afterwards - gross weight 9.7 grams trim; net weight 1.1 grams bho and 8.6 grams of leaf.

I wasn't very impressed with the yeild but looking at the numbers it's not too bad. Most of the dark butane came out with the first blast of butane, I had sealed off the column and let the trim soak in butane.

I boil off the butane in a hot water bath.

2ibypg9.jpg

1.1 grams bho out of 9.7 grams trim is 11.3% yield, a little high but it was top quality trim.

2q1dxm9.jpg

I'm running the honey oil through my Nova to boil off any excess butane, then I'll freeze the remainder for ease of handling when I dab later tonight!

I may sift my trim into smaller pieces to try for more weight per extraction, I got less than 10 grams of trim in the 45 gram tube. I have on order both the 12" & 18" tubes.

A good experience from purchase to first extraction.

Last edited:
Top Bottom