Best bag vape?

I'd go with the Extreme , great dual purpose vape and if you want to keep the vapor from escaping I use a foam ear plug , they work great and can be used over and over again

BcBud420,

nicelytoasted

Vaked Chemist
I currently own a Herbalaire (over 2 yrs) and an EQ/E v3 (about 1.5 yrs) Ive also used my friends volcano numerous times. I have not used a Zephyr, but can speak from experience about the first three.

All 3 of the HA/EQ/Volcano are all well built and designed units that fill a bag with nice, tasty, potent vapour.

Reliability/Ruggedness:

As I mentioned above, all three are well built units. The volcano has the longest track record, being the oldest (~ 10yrs?), with HA about 5 yrs and the extreme around 2-3 yrs, AFAIK. Both the volcano and the HA are built like tanks, not much to break. My HA was dropped (not by me) about 3 ft on to a hardwood floor, and didnt miss a beat. The EQ, with its glass pieces, is obviously more fragile in this regard, although the heater cover is more sturdily mounted than the E v3. The zephyr has not had a chance to establish a track record, as of yet.

Customer service:

I can only speak to the HA and EQ here, and both companies provide outstanding customer service, in all my experiences. Both Arizer (EQ) and Herbalaire go above and beyond most of the time and throws in a few pieces if you have any problems, very nice.

Ease of Use:

Bags do need less work in general, just fill and go. Both the volcano and HA heat up and are ready to go in less time than the EQ, which needs a warm up to condition the glass pieces.

The HA does not need drying/grinding or any stirring between hits, and is basically plop in a piece and go. Both the volcano and the EQ require grinding/stirring. The HA does have its pump external and requires 2 outlets to plug in. Both the volcano and the EQ need only one.

Both the volcano and the Zephyr come with valves that will seal the bag after removal from vape. Ive found it quite easy to just use my finger for the first hit, because after that, the bag pressure equalizes to atmospheric and leakage is not a problem. But I also like to take my time with some bags, I just simply use my own simple stoppers, which work quite well.

HA & EQ Stoppers:

haeqtips.jpg

As far as filling the bags, the volcano fills the fastest, followed by the EQ (with a 3 speed fan), and then the HA. A recent option on the HA is a high output pump with an input throttle to control pressure/flow, in conjunction with either a 3-way or 5-way mouthpiece adaptor. Please refer to video after the extraction efficiency section below.

I must admit the remote on the E/EQ is the ultimate lazy stoner toy! I thought it was kind of hokey when I first got it, but I use it all the time, and it certainly does facilitate the usage.

Temperature Control:

EQ: digital with sensitivity = (+/-) 1C or 2F
H: analogue with sensitivity = (+/-) 1C or 2F
Volcano: digital with sensitivity = (+/-) 1.5C or 2.7F (from their website)

Efficiency:

Although there are different types of efficiency with vapourizing, I believe that extraction efficiency precludes them all. Getting the most actives/tastes to the bowl and extracting them best gets the most actives/tastes to us.

The volcano and the EQ utilize the standard type laminar flow, with some cyclonic action, that hits the herb in the bowl.

This is where the HA really shines, and why I bought it originally. Its unique flow design with 18 jets, located just under the bowl, combined with a pulsating air flow, allow for a multi-path cyclone action that continuously hits and penetrates the herb from all directions. This is why no grinding is necessary. It heats very evenly and penetrates the largest pieces that you can fits in the crucible (bowl). You can even compact the pieces to get more in the air stream, and the AVB always comes out a consistent light to dark brown slug (depending on vaping temps), that crumbles into a powder when removed. This extraction technique also works very well with small amounts. Personally, Ive used as little as 0.03g and got 1-1.5 bags, and got very good effect (I am fortunate enough to have a low tolerance). I definitely use less herb with my HA than with my EQ, and its crucible is noticeably smaller than the EQ or volcano bowl.

EQ and HA bowls:

ehabowlsoverhead.jpg

Ive ran EQ and volcano AVB through my HA many times (at the same temps), and got 1-2 extra bags (depending on the load size) of cloudy, tasty vapour. Another member here reports the same with his VHW and LB AVB. The HA is not only the most efficient bag vape, it can be easily used as the most efficient vape of any kind, imo. Ive also ran my HA AVB through my E (at the same temp) and got no visible vapour, though the bag did have the burnt popcorn odour.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZew_DWHPwg

Pricing and Warranties:

I will list the approximate current MSRP here, with vendor/reseller discounts that SOME are offering:

EQ: $259-299, with some FC coupon discounts of 10% off
3 yr warranty with lifetime warranty on the heater

HA: $250, with some discounts of 12% off
2 yr warranty

Volcano: $539 (classic analogue) $669 (digital)
3 yr warranty on the classic, 2 yr on the digital

Zephyr: $359-459
2 yr warranty

As with any vape, there is no best, and there is no best bag vape, imo. It all depends on what you expect and need from it.

nicelytoasted,

Samsquanch

Vapor Astronaut
nicelytoasted - very informative post coming from experience :tup:

looks like HA is the best all round !

Samsquanch,

Beezleb

Samsquanch said:
nicelytoasted - very informative post coming from experience :tup:

looks like HA is the best all round !
Not in my opinion and my opinion would not be for others and so on and on. I would say which one would appeal to a different vapist differently as they are all different, yet a few are similar in some points but individual enough not to fit in a precise category. Too many subjective pluses and minuses to properly say that one is best all round than compared to the others.

Beezleb,

finchrock24

Proud MMJ Patient
I really like my Q for bags. Pretty efficient...I loaded up about 3/4 an elbow pack and easily took 6 quality bags. Vaped.

finchrock24,

wem420

FEAR420 said:
Ill settle for holding my finger over a stem while I get MAX efficiency and my unit costs $119 LESS. ;) Stoner bells & whistles dont make the vape....the quality of extraction does.....
I'm gonna L0VE this guy :rolleyes:

wem420,

FEAR420

wem420 said:
FEAR420 said:
Ill settle for holding my finger over a stem while I get MAX efficiency and my unit costs $119 LESS. ;) Stoner bells & whistles dont make the vape....the quality of extraction does.....
I'm gonna L0VE this guy :rolleyes:
Problem?? I suggest you address it now... :rolleyes:

FEAR420,

FEAR420

nicelytoasted said:
I currently own a Herbalaire (over 2 yrs) and an EQ/E v3 (about 1.5 yrs) Ive also used my friends volcano numerous times. I have not used a Zephyr, but can speak from experience about the first three.

All 3 of the HA/EQ/Volcano are all well built and designed units that fill a bag with nice, tasty, potent vapour.

Reliability/Ruggedness:

As I mentioned above, all three are well built units. The volcano has the longest track record, being the oldest (~ 10yrs?), with HA about 5 yrs and the extreme around 2-3 yrs, AFAIK. Both the volcano and the HA are built like tanks, not much to break. My HA was dropped (not by me) about 3 ft on to a hardwood floor, and didnt miss a beat. The EQ, with its glass pieces, is obviously more fragile in this regard, although the heater cover is more sturdily mounted than the E v3. The zephyr has not had a chance to establish a track record, as of yet.

Customer service:

I can only speak to the HA and EQ here, and both companies provide outstanding customer service, in all my experiences. Both Arizer (EQ) and Herbalaire go above and beyond most of the time and throws in a few pieces if you have any problems, very nice.

Ease of Use:

Bags do need less work in general, just fill and go. Both the volcano and HA heat up and are ready to go in less time than the EQ, which needs a warm up to condition the glass pieces.

The HA does not need drying/grinding or any stirring between hits, and is basically plop in a piece and go. Both the volcano and the EQ require grinding/stirring. The HA does have its pump external and requires 2 outlets to plug in. Both the volcano and the EQ need only one.

Both the volcano and the Zephyr come with valves that will seal the bag after removal from vape. Ive found it quite easy to just use my finger for the first hit, because after that, the bag pressure equalizes to atmospheric and leakage is not a problem. But I also like to take my time with some bags, I just simply use my own simple stoppers, which work quite well.

HA & EQ Stoppers:

http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/429/haeqtips.jpg

As far as filling the bags, the volcano fills the fastest, followed by the EQ (with a 3 speed fan), and then the HA. A recent option on the HA is a high output pump with an input throttle to control pressure/flow, in conjunction with either a 3-way or 5-way mouthpiece adaptor. Please refer to video after the extraction efficiency section below.

I must admit the remote on the E/EQ is the ultimate lazy stoner toy! I thought it was kind of hokey when I first got it, but I use it all the time, and it certainly does facilitate the usage.

Temperature Control:

Efficiency:

Although there are different types of efficiency with vapourizing, I believe that extraction efficiency precludes them all. Getting the most actives/tastes to the bowl and extracting them best gets the most actives/tastes to us.

The volcano and the EQ utilize the standard type laminar flow, with some cyclonic action, that hits the herb in the bowl.

This is where the HA really shines, and why I bought it originally. Its unique flow design with 18 jets, located just under the bowl, combined with a pulsating air flow, allow for a multi-path cyclone action that continuously hits and penetrates the herb from all directions. This is why no grinding is necessary. It heats very evenly and penetrates the largest pieces that you can fits in the crucible (bowl). You can even compact the pieces to get more in the air stream, and the AVB always comes out a consistent light to dark brown slug (depending on vaping temps), that crumbles into a powder when removed. This extraction technique also works very well with small amounts. Personally, Ive used as little as 0.03g and got 1-1.5 bags, and got very good effect (I am fortunate enough to have a low tolerance). I definitely use less herb with my HA than with my EQ, and its crucible is noticeably smaller than the EQ or volcano bowl.

EQ and HA bowls:

http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/2441/ehabowlsoverhead.jpg

Ive ran EQ and volcano AVB through my HA many times (at the same temps), and got 1-2 extra bags (depending on the load size) of cloudy, tasty vapour. Another member here reports the same with his VHW and LB AVB. The HA is not only the most efficient bag vape, it can be easily used as the most efficient vape of any kind, imo. Ive also ran my HA AVB through my E (at the same temp) and got no visible vapour, though the bag did have the burnt popcorn odour.

Pricing and Warranties:

I will list the approximate current MSRP here, with vendor/reseller discounts that SOME are offering:

2 yr warranty

2 yr warranty

As with any vape, there is no best, and there is no best bag vape, imo. It all depends on what you expect and need from it.
Excellent post sir!! I couldnt have said it better myself....

FEAR420,

coma-boy

nicelytoasted said:

Reliability/Ruggedness:

Customer service:

Ease of Use:

HA & EQ Stoppers:

http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/429/haeqtips.jpg

Temperature Control:

Efficiency:

EQ and HA bowls:

http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/2441/ehabowlsoverhead.jpg

Pricing and Warranties:

2 yr warranty

2 yr warranty

Fuck! GREAT POST!

And just reading that I learned more about the main vapes on the market than I've learned over the last year - bought a Volc assuming it was the best, couldn't even be bothered to learn of others.

Ignorantly assumed my Cano was the definite leader, but now I wanna try these others. Especially the HA.

Were I less vaped, I'd pick through that post, tallying plus and minus points for each vape for each comment made. Someone should do that! Guess victor would be between the Volc and the HA. Go on, please someone do that!

My brain is broken.

coma-boy,
Just to add to the thread,
I also bought a Digital Volcano because with the knowledge I add ( almost none), I thought it was the best
I LOVE to vaporize and I'm 100% happy with my volcano, but any other non-toxic vap should work great.

Big Dick Baller,

steiner666

Serial vapist
Thanks a lot for the HA/Extreme comparison and all-inclusive round-up, nicelytoasted.

These days I've pretty much come back to the HA/Ion decision. Based on what i've been reading and seeing (thanks largely to fear420 and other HA youtube vids) , i'm really liking the HA and the sounds of the efficiency. That picture of the bowl size comparison was very helpful. I usually try to be pretty conservative with my usage, so a vape being able to efficiently and thoroughly vape smaller amounts it a big req.

I'd really like to see videos with the Ion that are as helpful as the ones i've seen for HA though. As it is now, I think i'm leaning towards the HA largely because I feel more familiar with it, I'd like to eliminate that and be able to judge them fairly.

I think i'm mainly getting a bag vape for convenience. I play online games where i cant take long enough breaks to fiddle around with my ssv whip or take long slow hits in my LB even. Having a bag of vape to hit quickly now and then would be great. The Ions mouthpiece looks like it would be convenient for that, no doubt, but yeah, plugging the HA mouthpiece with something wouldnt be too much more of a bother i suppose...

I'm pretty sure that, whichever i choose, it will be pretty much win/win anyways.

steiner666,

max

Out to lunch
plugging the HA mouthpiece with something wouldnt be too much more of a bother i suppose...
I've never used anything to plug or cap but my thumb or finger. Really, after you've taken the first hit off the bag, I've found that very little vapor escapes, even if you lay the bag down for a minute. The pressure equalizes and the vapor stays in the bag for the most part. I wouldn't let it sit uncapped/unplugged for long, but after the initial pull on the bag the lack of a valve isn't as much of a drawback as you might think it would be. It certainly never made me wish I'd bought a 'cano.

max,
Top Bottom