Beginner looking for a throat sensitive solution

dbello

Hi! I've been researching about vaporizers for the past week and have to say I'm completely drown in all the available options and possibilities. I'm looking for healthier ways to smoke it indoors as I hate tobacco and usually get a soar throat with pipes. Never tried a vaporizer yet and I've read a thread here about people with good vaporizers and bubblers still coughing a lot so, bit skeptical in throwing a lot of money to this and it not working in the end.

1. I'm based in Europe, 100-130eur budget
  2. Only smoke CBD buds / moonrocks. Might try oils if the device supports it but not specifically looking for that
  3. Never tried any vaporizer but I cough easily with pipes
  4. Don't care for big clouds / big batteries / big compartments as it will be only indoors and by 2pax max
My current options
  1. FENiX 2.0 - 120eur
  2. Flowermate V5.0S Pro Mini, around 90eur, could add a hose + bubbler with the savings
I've read some feedback about the Flowermate being a bit harsh due to small size not enabling the smoke to cool as much.

Is there any device + bubbler setup you would suggest in that budget?

dbello,
Reactions: arb

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
I also wouldn't go for these devices – they are entry level at best, as most battery driven units in that price range.

If you are looking for good quality vapor with some flexibility without having to rob a bank I'd also suggest butane vapes like the mentioned Sticky Bricks, Dreamwoods, but also the Lotus, the Vapman and the Dynavaps.

Not sure about Moonrocks, though, never tried them in a vape.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yeah moon rocks aren’t great for vaporizing, most of us use grinders and moon rocks would just make a mess in the grinder.

The Dreamwood line of torch powered vaporizers seems like a solid suggestion based on your location.

Yeah and you also don't need to grind for direct torch based pure convection on demand like those, you can just crumble up the moon rock or even put whole small nugs in, then stir break them up during session.

Does vapefiend or similar EU distributor not sell sticky bricks? I know Dreamwood can get direct from the source easily in EU at least... I am not so sure vapman lotus or vapcap would be as good with unground moon rocks as stickybrick or dreamwood?

dbello

I’ll check those suggestions, many thanks!

Regarding the moonrock, I usually grind it and mix with some bud. It breaks down to really tiny pieces. In retrospective I should have mentioned that I can easily just use only buds and forget about the moonrock, just mentioned it because I was associating it with wax (probably wrongfully) and cheaper devices say they don’t handle wax.

Last edited:

dbello

I'm really glad I asked here, this was what I was looking for but I didn't know yet :lol: Was totally missing out on this manual vaporizers, all of the local and international sellers I've seen only stock battery driven ones.

Really liked Lotus J Hook Kit but I've yet to find an european seller with good prices, all the Stick Bricks sellers seem to be out of stock.

Any specific one from Dreamwood? Am I correct to assume that a Dreamwood Dobby will always be smoother than a Dynavap M pen or similar?

EDIT:

Vapefiend has Sticky Brick Junior stock.

Last edited:

Greenteam

Less ego. More soul.
I'm really glad I asked here, this was what I was looking for but I didn't know yet :lol: Was totally missing out on this manual vaporizers, all of the local and international sellers I've seen only stock battery driven ones.

Really liked Lotus J Hook Kit but I've yet to find an european seller with good prices, all the Stick Bricks sellers seem to be out of stock.

Any specific one from Dreamwood? Am I correct to assume that a Dreamwood Dobby will always be smoother than a Dynavap M pen or similar?

EDIT:

Vapefully.com has Sticky Brick Hydro with 3 types of wood in stock. I made good experience with them and fast delivery within EU. You have to order the 'basic' and the mouthpiece separately though. Altogether for about 152€ if that's an option for you

Verdampftnochmal.de has the Lotus Cap and the water adapter as a set for about 145€ - you could pair it with a cheap j-hook

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

EDIT:

SB Jr is great, and I would go with the Dreamwood Punch over the Dobby personally. Get whatever form factor appeals to you! But I think the Punch will be smoother as will the Junior because they have larger mouthpiece and the vapor path has 2-3 right angles instead of just one for the Dobby. I prefer this style to the Lotus personally though it is also very nice

BestBuds

The Dude
I had a SB Runt and tried a few torches with it. I could always taste "something" that I didn't like. I did get some fantastic hits with it but I didn't fall in love with butane vapes until I had the Lotus. Because it separates the flame from the intake by both distance and time, I don't taste anything off at all. Then I got a Elev8r and was off and running. :love:

Shit Snacks

I had a SB Runt and tried a few torches with it. I could always taste "something" that I didn't like. I did get some fantastic hits with it but I didn't fall in love with butane vapes until I had the Lotus. Because it separates the flame from the intake by both distance and time, I don't taste anything off at all. Then I got a Elev8r and was off and running. :love:

Yeah I never really felt like I tasted anything but herb with bricks, and I just don't like the lack of direct feedback with lotus... my hits were often too light because I'm afraid to go too hard, but the truth is I didn't use it enough to get really good with it... Not really using any torch vapes these days to be honest, hand troubles, more involved... I want to try an elev8r enail set up though!

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: BestBuds

iDRINKBLEACH

knowing is half the power - Gi-JOE
Accessory Maker
download.jpeg-11.jpg this is how I keep going all day long. Lmao jp I still get irritated throat j just slow down between hits n have water or warm tea on hand. I use a waterpipe 99.9% of time and 90% of that theres a whip on there. Vapor is cooled it's still dry though so I usually add warm water in piece for extra humidity n moust

iDRINKBLEACH,

justcametomind

Fury Edge: portable, fast heating, almost on demand vaping, battery driven, no learning curve, 150€
Since you asked for indoor use, Arizer V Tower is a pretty decent desktop: 95€ at vaposhop.com
mind that any desktop unit overpowers most portables, Sticky bricks being one of the exceptions.
Sticky brick would be more potent and faster, I guess.
There are coupon codes for 10% off in the “supporting retailers” section, mostly Vaposhop.com which is VAPOBUST2018 and Lacentralvapeur, which I don’t remember. That means Less than 90€ for a V Tower and no need to buy butane cans, no risk of combustion and no learning curve, if that’s what you are looking for.
When you get the vape ditch pipes&papers for a week or two, don’t do both. After that time you will most probably not miss combustion.
Otherwise, even combusting once every couple of days would have the risk of you remaining hooked to those nasty toxins combustion produces, and do both forever.

Last edited:

dbello

Forgot to update this but got an Arizer Extreme Q and after the first session I couldn’t contemplate ever going back to combustion. With 230* C temps it’s extremely smooth and I can smoke as much as I want without coughing or ending up with a sore throat, as long as I drink something in between drags. Perfect!

strech

I've noticed if my throat is sore edibles are usually the easiest way to consume.

strech,

west-elec

Forgot to update this but got an Arizer Extreme Q and after the first session I couldn’t contemplate ever going back to combustion. With 230* C temps it’s extremely smooth and I can smoke as much as I want without coughing or ending up with a sore throat, as long as I drink something in between drags. Perfect!
Congrats and welcome to the party. You chose a quality entry level workhorse.

west-elec,
Top Bottom