• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Before Flying... PreFlight Routines

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I LOVE aviation.
I HATE flying.

As such, I melt my fucking face off before going to the airport.

What is everyone’s routines? Mine tends to start and finish with dabs out of the reserve jars... everything between is dependent on which flower tools I’m packing and taking with me.

Today, I’m packing a clean Bowle (short stern) and my clean Omni (with no lighters), so the P80 stepped up to calm nerves before riding out.

Be real, does anyone prefer flying sober anymore?

arb

Semi shaved ape
I LOVE aviation.
I HATE flying.

As such, I melt my fucking face off before going to the airport.

What is everyone’s routines? Mine tends to start and finish with dabs out of the reserve jars... everything between is dependent on which flower tools I’m packing and taking with me.

Today, I’m packing a clean Bowle (short stern) and my clean Omni (with no lighters), so the P80 stepped up to calm nerves before riding out.

Be real, does anyone prefer flying sober anymore?
Massive vaping then heavy edibles as I walk in the airport........only way to deal with it.
😥

Farid

My last time flying was returning from Egypt. The day before my flight a friend gifted me some local hashish but I didn't end up smoking it because I didn't want to have any residue on me that could trigger drug dogs. I also didn't want to sober up a few hours into the flight, then have another 10+ hours in front of me.

Flying within the US is a different story, I'd certainly take a hit before the flight.

I don't care for commercial flying much. I much prefer flying with my friend in a Cessna, since there's something reassuring about knowing the pilot, and being right next to him.

Last edited:

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Friends and family drive me to/from the airport. I'm literally 15 minutes away. I vape an oil cartridge on the way, and then hide it in a computer carry-on. For example, the Pax Era looks like a container of pencil leads. Knock on wood. Also I've had no probs carrying a Yocan UNI Pro separated from cartridge in my computer carry-on. I also usually carry a portable flower vape, too. My last trip to SoCal, I brought my TB puck in my carry-on, and the stem etc in my check-in luggage.

I generally eat a treat while waiting for my flight. My new best friend are Kin Strips from California: a sublingual 10mg THC strip that dissolve under your tongue and is reportedly absorbed by your mucus membrane into your bloodstream in 10-15 minutes as opposed to the stomach and liver. Otherwise, I'll have a heady chocolate bar. While the Kin Strips are expensive, I rationalize that I don't drink Adult beverages anymore so I can spoil myself. Buying booze (for me) could get spendy quickly back in the day...

Last edited:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
dabs on the way out the house, always a wax pen to click on the way to the aeropuerto
maybe a time capsule - but haven't done a longer flight in a while so usually just the vapors. I'd definitely do some nano gummies next time these things kick in about as fast as vaping, though a traditional time released edible would be nice for longer flights.

And it's always nice when the folks picking you up from the airport have a sauce pen waiting in the car 😁

Back in the day I may or may not have squeezed on a few volcano bags on the way to the runway 😂

BestBuds

The Dude
I absolutely love flying and I eat a sh*t load of edibles so I'm as high as possible while in the sky.
The Big Lebowski Swimming GIF by Working Title

I'll be on the baggage carousel!

Gigsabits53

I don't fly sober, ever! Then again, I rarely fly anywhere. I do not like flying. Like the speed at what it gets you to your destination, hate virtually everything else about it. For some reason, and I have no idea why, but my body hates taking off. I dont know what it is about it, my body tends to feel like a jolt up my spinal column and hits my head and I damn near pass out! I'm not generally claustrophobic, but cruising in a tube at 33,000 feet tends to bring on that feeling for me.

I dont drink anymore so I dont use that before flying. I will get very high before and have someone drive me to the airport. I will also get a Rx of a low dose benzo. If everything is timed right, it works quite well :)

ETA: I once watched a guy sleep through an entire flight, even the takeoff. I'm guessing he had a rough night :)

grampa_herb

Epstein didn't kill himself
I remember parking next to an empty spot with what looked like a dozen crushed beer cans and dumped ice. Were they afraid, or was it their way of killing the boredom? Who knows, but micro-dosing and meditating on being in the heavier-than-air flying-machine is the preferred way to go.

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
For me I'm not scared of flying itself, and I actually love skydiving, but I find the whole airport travel process in general is extremely stressful for some reason.

Usually I go to edibles, I feel like vaping wears off too quick by the time I'm through security, boarded, seated, and taking off I'm sober again.

Pre-covid I would take 15 mg's or so and drink as fast as they would bring them to me on the plane. My go-to, especially for a day-time flight, was a champagne, vodka and Orange Juice. So really a mimosa with a shot of vodka in it.

Now they don't serve you booze (or coffee) on board because I guess covid goes straight for those who drink booze, but leaves you alone if you have a water or soda... its remarkable how discerning this virus is

So last time I flew back from FL about 6 weeks ago I planned ahead and basically got wrecked. Started with Coronas (ironically) maybe 2 hours before getting to the airport, once through security I put down quite a few double vodkas at one of the terminal bars, and perfectly timed 30 mg edible once the boarding line started to form.

It was probably about 45 minutes later we were taxiing for take off, right then is when the edible kicked in, and kicked in hard combined with my alcohol pre-load. I shut my eyes on the runway and woke up in NY.

I came back to consciousness 2 or 3 times during the flight and I knew I was fucked up lol. 10/10 would do again though

cptofnthng

you guys.. If you have flight anxiety, face it, Go through it and itll be over at some point. Google exposure training If in doubt.
ive done it a few times with clients together even (i work as a psychotherapist).

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
you guys.. If you have flight anxiety, face it, Go through it and itll be over at some point. Google exposure training If in doubt.
ive done it a few times with clients together even (i work as a psychotherapist).

Idk I expose myself to plenty of ignorant and inconsiderate people every day and it never seems to get any easier. Multiply that by 1000's in in one place... my patience gets pretty thin

cptofnthng

Idk I expose myself to plenty of ignorant and inconsiderate people every day and it never seems to get any easier. Multiply that by 1000's in in one place... my patience gets pretty thin
those things dont work like that:)
but kudos for keeping your head up.

howie105

At one time flying high was SOP. Then the job changed and so did my consumption pattern. Nowadays, I have a list of things I don't do with a buzz on, and I stay as far away from that list as possible.

Top Bottom