• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Beer and Cannabis Question?

I've always avoided drinking beer on the days when I have cannabis.

1. Do you think this is a good idea to avoid any issues?

2. If you do have beer on the same day, is it best to wait X number of hours between to avoid issues? And if so how many hours?

I realize some of you folks probably drink beer and vape cannabis at the same time, and maybe your body can handle it, I'm just checking.

Thanks

lifeisgoodnow,

Vaporware

I don’t drink, but from what I’ve seen with friends who do both it’s not nearly the problem that some people make it out to be.

If you do stupid things while you’re drinking it may make you more (or less) likely to do them, but as far as I know the only real health risks are the risks you always have with alcohol and possibly stronger effects than you are used to which is only bad if you can’t handle them.

If you do try it, just take it slow and make sure you’re handling it okay. If you’re worried, have someone keep an eye on you. Like @delicatebunting you may not need as much as either as you expect, so if you end up with the room spinning or thinking you’re okay to drive when you’re not or something like that, having someone who can help you out would be good.

My guess is you won’t have any real issues though, as long as you don’t go hard on both right out of the gate. :lol:

howie105

Do you think this is a good idea to avoid any issues? .... In my case, no. From what I have seen in some situations some folks should. It's a case by case thing.

If you do have beer on the same day, is it best to wait X number of hours between to avoid issues? And if so how many hours? .... Wait, we don't need any stinking waiting. Seriously, I like beer as a beverage not as an intoxicant, so I seldom get hammered on it and pot has never been a problem.

I realize some of you folks probably drink beer and vape cannabis at the same time, and maybe your body can handle it, I'm just checking. .... Can confirm.

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
Yeah, that's an old rule... Always start to smoke/vape before beginning to drink, or to be precise before beginning to get drunk. Helps a lot to avoid puking. Talking about party here, if you just want to drink one beer at home, take it whenever you want, it won't change anything.

Right. Big difference between casual drinking.... and drinking

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968
Been drinking beer and smoking, now vaping dope for more than 50 years. When I was younger and also smoked cigarettes, I'd sometimes get the "whirlies" and less often--like less than once a year--get sick. I'm a regular drinker but not an especially heavy drinker. If I'm doing a serious binge of both, which I enjoy a couple of times a year, it will be at a party near home or just at home where I can't get into much trouble.

Last eve, for example!--after riding my bike for nearly three hours, until dusk, on the hilly areobic-and-sweat-producing terrain around here, and having a couple of puffs on my Crafty while riding I really felt like having a beer with dinner, something I do once or twice a week. A lovely organic IPA to be specific. After dinner I got out my concentrates and one of my rigs and had a small but sweet dab and poured another half a 12oz bottle into my glass. I felt fine, good, stoned but not rocked, not at all out of it.

Not sayin' its for everyone, but that's my experience.

PS: Cannabis and hops are very closely related, being the only two members of the Cannabacea family of plants. One of the characteristics of the family are mucho terpenes.

Last edited:

west-elec

Binge drinking is very bad for the system, as your hangover is trying to tell you, but it is fun. I avoid alcohol as a day to day drink because it's clearly poison, but when I indulge in the occassional social let your hair down event, I find if I abstain from vaping until after I have a few drinks under my belt, I tend to drink less and get more wasted.
As a social lubricant (one of its main uses) booze alone is poor because it drops inhibitions and makes some people aggressive (what are you looking at?), some people too friendly (I love you, man). Pot is also a poor social drug, making many too content with their own company and more likely to stay home, or avoid conversation.
I reckon the 2 mixed in the right proportion make for the perfect combination for a good night out. Just need to find the right mix for your personality type. Naturally gregarious, more pot. Naturally shy, more booze. Its scientific man.
My ideal start to a night out might be a shot, followed by a nice brew chaser, followed by a scotch and coke, followed by a nice big hit on the elev8r. Let's see where the night takes us...

Shadooz

Used to drink 96° spirytus, smoking many blunts, and did advanced calculus the next morning...
So beer (bud light piss?) and vape...

One drink and one vape hit will be more psychoactive than two drink.
Can't say about 2 hits cause there is different strenght of hits..
But i never did alcohol everyday, and now it's just for good purpose.

Alcohol have health benefice for sporadic use at an enough concentration in your blood (lipide solvant, liver degreaser, tension/cardiac enhancement). So alcohol for special events, at least 5 drinks (for me,... french... was drinking champagne at 6 years old, weekly beer at 12...weekly binge drinking (flaming rum the first vapor i took were not cannabis one) at 16..).
But when i (binge) drink now i don't take cannabis

Cannabis is a real good substitute. Would even suggested to anyone trying to get alcohol free.

Last edited:

Thick Vape

In the Ballpark
It is probably a question of getting used to.
I do not drink alcohol, but from observing others, I think it makes "uneducated/unused" people puke less if they use cannabis first and drink later than the opposite.

In my "former life" I have witnessed several drunk people suddenly having the balls to wanting to smoke cannabis/tobacco joints and getting sick from it. The tobacco might have done its part too.
I have never seen this with vaporised weed, but maybe because I cross very little drinking people nowadays.

Shadooz

I have to add my selection (originated from the lands of beer, brewer friends) :

★La "Rince cochon"★ Balanced blond beer

★La Karmeliet★ More floral

★La Chimay rouge (red)★ brown beer

🍻

hoptimum

I've always avoided drinking beer on the days when I have cannabis.

1. Do you think this is a good idea to avoid any issues?

2. If you do have beer on the same day, is it best to wait X number of hours between to avoid issues? And if so how many hours?

I realize some of you folks probably drink beer and vape cannabis at the same time, and maybe your body can handle it, I'm just checking.

Thanks
1. What issues?

2. IMO, beer in moderation complements cannabis quite nicely. The hops used in beer are genetically related to cannabis (lupulin), so if anything they might have a synergy

seatsniffer

If I drink and vape together it's no issue for me. I just end up using less of each. My main problem is after a night on the booze getting home and deciding to load up the vape. That can cause me to lose myself to nausea, the spins etc. I tend to avoid it in those situations now.

hoptimum

If I drink and vape together it's no issue for me. I just end up using less of each. My main problem is after a night on the booze getting home and deciding to load up the vape. That can cause me to lose myself to nausea, the spins etc. I tend to avoid it in those situations now.
If the question is, should you vape some bud after you get hammered on alcohol, that’s up to you.

But I wouldn’t do it.

gangababa

Some decades back, friends of the Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers advised that smoking pot and drinking beer was like pissing into the wind.
I don't know anything about that.
I do know I enjoy both beer and bud together on the balcony at dusk; the setting sun shinning silver on the widest river in the world.
A vaporizer and a mug of APA brewed in Uruguay (south American Pale Ale)

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
Not a drinker anymore, but back in the day I never had a problem as long as both were being consumed in moderation. My college years tell me that getting shitfaced and then trying to smoke a bowl can very easily lead to a bad time, though--if you're getting legitimately wasted I would not recommend smoking, or at least flip the order and smoke first.

hoptimum

Some decades back, friends of the Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers advised that smoking pot and drinking beer was like pissing into the wind.
I don't know anything about that.
I do know I enjoy both beer and bud together on the balcony at dusk; the setting sun shinning silver on the widest river in the world.
A vaporizer and a mug of APA brewed in Uruguay (south American Pale Ale)
How’s the beer in Uruguay

hoptimum,

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Beer amplifies my high. Not with just one, but once I get into my second then I start to feel it.

I'm not a hop head through. I like a more malty flavored beer. I tend to homebrew a lot of pilsner, munich and vienna malts, but then using ale yeasts. You often get a real nice blonde ale of sorts with some body to it. That paired with a couple live resin dabs is a nice way to settle in for the evening.

Top Bottom