Barely getting any vapor from my EQ anymore - bad herb?

vapeguy

I took my EQ apart and put it back together and now I get the set temperature instead of 100 degrees less and it's back to working like new.

Now rather than keep raising the temp to 500 and barely getting anything I now need to lower it because the vapor is too dense!

vapeguy,

vapeguy

Well again the problem seems to slowly be creeping back, as if something is displacing itself with use causing the actual temperature yo drop lower and lower from what is shown on the LCD.

Now I'm worried the company won't consider this a defect and that I'd be stuck with this worthless unit.

I should I kept my Volcano, if it ain't broke, don't fix it, 'cause now it is broke.

vapeguy,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
could you identify a problem when you took your EQ apart? displaced hose or sensor, maybe? bad electrical contact -- i find high current draw can cause oxidation at a wire connection and limit current flow, or disintegrate strands of a multi-strand wire.

Hippie Dickie,

vapeguy

I didn't notice anything wrong, and again I took it apart, put it back together and it works like new.

I did notice quite a bit of herb powder on the bottom in the machine but don't see how that would be the cause.

vapeguy,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
here's just a suggestion ... next time you take it apart, if there are any plugs on the circuit boards, unplug and replug to scrape any oxide off the pins/contacts. i can't remember if i've seen pictures of the guts of this model. also make sure all fasteners are secure and haven't gotten loose due to heating/cooling cycles.

Hippie Dickie,

vapeguy

I do have to disconnect the data cables to the motherboard to take it apart anyway. Also it's barely more than a month old so I doubt it oxidized.

It seems to be repeating this pattern of gradually working worst and worst until I take it apart, I think I'm at my 3rd time and I won't keep the EQ if I need to take it apart weekly. In about 5 years of having a volcano it worked as good on day 1 as on day 2000 and the only time it broke is when I walked into the power cord causing it to smash on the floor but I was able to fix it.

I'm seriously thinking of selling this junk on eBay and getting a Volcano again, all this for nothing (I sold my Volcano to get this EQ).

Have others really gotten continuous (as in for 1-2 months) success with an EQ? I don't understand why mine works so atrociously when it's so highly reviewed here, my Vapir One 1.0 was 1000 times better than this.

I'm also worried about warranty as I think they will just say "it's fine" and slap me with a $100 bill to send it back as it is.

vapeguy,

vapeguy

Actually now I am getting vapor but still not high. I'm wondering if the problem isn't me.

Along with the vaporizer I bought some of those legal herb blends, I read a post from someone who said he couldn't get high for months after trying those, could this be it? Anyway I threw out those legal herb blends.

vapeguy,

max

Out to lunch
K2/Spice can possibly fuck with your tolerance, since it's a full agonist (vs. partial for mj) to CB receptors. Adverse affects can be more intense too. Legal buds, like what they sell here - legalbuds.com/, have no effect to speak of (and a waste of money), and I seriously doubt that's what your "someone" is referring to.

max,

vapeguy

The legal herbs I got are these, are those the type that could have cause the problem and if so long long before it's fixed?

http://www.vaporizers.ca/product.php/product_id/847

http://www.vaporizers.ca/product.php/product_id/842

Could I actually have increased my tolerance from using more weed? I did got from vaping once a day to maybe 2-4 times a day since I got my EQ, could I have in 2-4 weeks went from being able to get very high to the point where vaping 3 times as much gives 10 times less effect?

Do I just need to take a month break or something?

What sucks is the only guy I know with a vaporizer, an EQ actually, is impossible to contact and is never in the mood to see people so its been like 3 weeks ive been trying to try his EQ to see if the problem is me or my EQ but so far he hasn't wanted to.

vapeguy,

vapeguy

I'm starting to think the problem is me. I had 2 friends other the other day heavy smokers and both after like 2 puffs said they were high as fuck and couldn't take anymore while I barely felt anything.

So could be it those 2 herb packs I had bought? Could it be due to vaping several times a day (maybe 3 times normally all in the evening/night) VS 1 as I did before?

vapeguy,

max

Out to lunch
I'm starting to think the problem is me.
Your friends, unless they're pulling your leg, have confirmed that there's nothing wrong with your hardware.

Those legal herbs should not have screwed up your tolerance for mj.

max,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
Burn a bowl. :puke: That'll help tell you if it's you, the vape or the herb. Not something to be encouraged on a regular basis :cool: but in the name of research I doubt a single bowl will do much harm, if you're that keen to nail down the issue. :2c:

WatTyler,

vapeguy

Well after the 2nd time I took it apart to clean it it has worked since. At had to use it at 464-482*F to get vapor, but have been trying to back off the temp recently and today tried it at 383*F and got good vapor, perhaps I had been using it at 464 for months for nothing, I just assumed that with the problem I still needed to put 100 degrees more than what I really wanted. Anyway now it's working like new even without having to add 100 degrees to the temp.

I'm glad everything seems to be ok now, let's hope it lasts.

vapeguy,
Top Bottom