Banger without water?

darbarikanada

I think I read somewhere that water filtration decreases either the potency or flavor (or both?) when dabbing, so I'm wondering if anyone uses their banger in a bong without water. in a way it'd be like a large wax pen, but with a longer vapor path, so it should be cooler than a wax pen. if this is something you've tried, I'd be curious to hear what you think. thanks!

blackstone

I had the same question as I have seen it done a lot on 1puglife (Canadian) THC youtube channel, so it must be a thing.
When I look back now it's hard to find a video where it's obvious there's no water (hands in the way), but he gives his friend Nelson a bit of a strong dab at 4:35 in this one! The poor guy goes off screen after it.

GreenDragon

Dry glass here.
More flavor.

Dry dabs. 9 1/2 tall 5mm glass with 2 inch drop down. Long enough path, very cool draw.

I also vape flower dry. Convection with whip. Very cool draw.

More flavor and less maintenance.

MegaMan2k

Ill take a dry dab but only when i have to, but when i do, it dont bother me so much as long as i have a sip of water afterwards.

I prefer a cold clean piece with clean water.
I get your point but you could also consider other solutions like choosing a rig with a simple perc that can work with a smaller amount of water find something of a middleway, the water has its upsides too.

cvs8floz

I was vaping flower dry for over a year on the Flowerpot and eNano to avoid losing potency and taste, big mistake. Led to a scratchy throat, frequent coughing, etc. Ever since I added water, these problems went and stayed away, despite heavy daily usage. I also prefer a cold clean piece with cold water, as much water as possible. I figure I can just vape another bowl to make up for the 5-10% loss of potency, in the course of a 3-4 hour vaping session, you will hardly notice a difference, and once you go water, there is no turning back!

Rab

Flower user mostly. It isn't even water soluble, so I personally don't buy water filtration affecting potency.. Flavor perhaps.. But the water is providing a wall against things that will otherwise be caught further up the pipes or in your mouth/throat so I think it is worth it.. It also cools things down, making bigger hits taste better,(having a hit that is too hot or scratchy is going to put taste out the window)

510MOD

Manufacturer
I think I read somewhere that water filtration decreases either the potency or flavor (or both?) when dabbing, so I'm wondering if anyone uses their banger in a bong without water. in a way it'd be like a large wax pen, but with a longer vapor path, so it should be cooler than a wax pen. if this is something you've tried, I'd be curious to hear what you think. thanks!
I do dry dabs on my 510MOD setup all the time. They are great! Short vapor path but I use a curved adapter that is like a mini j hook and its every bit as smooth and tasty as my enail. I have also hooked my enail and banger to a jhook. Same results.

rasmundi

It's not all that hard to reason out. First off, if it's concentrates, what are you trying to filter out??? Once you're past that insanity, look at the physics of what is actually occurring with bubbles of vapor in a liquid.
Any time a vapor droplet of oil hits cool water, it sticks, is consumed, and is lost to reclaim. Its cool now but gone, wasted. Any vapor droplets that escape the water trap pass un-cooled into your lungs. You didn't COOL the vapor, you THINNED it. If I want less vapor, I vape less oil, not toss x% out with the bong water.

Don't even get me started on the as swipes who take the "hero" hits, just to immediately wuss out with the huge exhale. Life is better when you listen to the smart people, folks...

MinnBobber

Water forces condensation, which results in loss.

Alt opinion:
Temp change (lower) forces condensation.
I use warm water in my pieces as it imparts more needed moisture AND condenses less than cooler water.
Warm water might even result in less loss than room temp air in a bubbler???
Wish that could be tested.

JettyRatt

dry bong = steamroller does any one make a thick glass steamroller with an 8mm adapter for the DV thinking that would be awsome.

JettyRatt,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
dry bong = steamroller does any one make a thick glass steamroller with an 8mm adapter for the DV thinking that would be awsome.
I know Good Vibes Boro has made custom steamrollers in the past. I would prefer a j-hook myself, but I know folks who love a steamroller.

Grass Yes,
Top Bottom