Bands covering other bands

CrazyDiamond

Crosseyed & Painless
Started this at NFC and decided since we're coming back here, start it here since it was a new thread instead of merging. (Great thinking @Stu thank you)
It started as New bands covering bands but I thought, with a little nudge from a member, to expand it to all bands. So I'll post the same stuff from the NFC thread to here to get it rolling. I hope we get a lot of others posting here since I love hearing things that I may have missed.
Goose covering Paul Simon
From Peanuts

CrazyDiamond,

CrazyDiamond

Crosseyed & Painless
Goose doing their own song White Lights to start then into the Talking Heads-Crosseyed and Painless (starts @ 7:12)

CrazyDiamond,

CrazyDiamond

Crosseyed & Painless
Hmmm, does this count? Pretty cool anyways. Rockin' 1000 doing Foo Fighters: Learn to Fly

CrazyDiamond,

CrazyDiamond

Crosseyed & Painless
Goose with Twiddle's Ryan Dempsey on keys covering Grateful Dead's: Turn On Your Lovelight

CrazyDiamond,

CrazyDiamond

Crosseyed & Painless
Twiddle with Brandon "Taz" Niederauer covering Grateful Dead's: Shakedown Street

CrazyDiamond,

CrazyDiamond

Crosseyed & Painless
Three'fer today....
For @macbill ;):spliff::leaf:
Motörhead covering David Bowie: Heroes
Gretchen Wilson, Nancy Wilson, and Alice in Chains covering Heart: Barracuda

CrazyDiamond,

CrazyDiamond

Crosseyed & Painless
I will apologize now if the following makes you upset, cry, sad, etc...it made me cry. However, I NEVER want this man to be forgotten. This tribute is so beautiful imho.

On January 7, 2020, the music industry lost a giant. Neil Peart, the drummer and lyricist for the band RUSH, lost a three and and a half year battle with glioblastoma, a form of brain cancer. Neil will forever be one of the most influential rock drummers of all time. Over RUSH’s 40 year career, his drumming and thoughtful lyrics have been part of the soundtrack to millions of lives around the globe, and his passing has created a huge void. When SFC Tim Whalen heard the news, he was shocked and saddened. As a lifelong RUSH fan, he felt compelled to do something to honor Neil and the band that has meant so much in his own life. He immediately knew the song “Time Stand Still” would be the perfect choice. SFC Whalen relfects, "The lyrics to this song have always resonated deeply with me, and they show Neil’s heart. I wanted to showcase the deep humanity he had in his writing. The song is about life moving too fast, due to both things we can control and things we can’t, and the desire to hold onto something just a little longer. This is such a universal message, whether it be children growing up too fast, a loved one dying, or a soldier leaving home wondering if they’ll ever see their family again.”

Neil Peart September 12, 1952 - January 7, 2020

“Time Stand Still” Music by Geddy Lee & Alex Lifeson Lyrics by Neil Peart
Produced and Arranged by SFC Tim Whalen SFC Chris Rettig - Vocals SFC Tim Whalen - Vocals MSG Dan Roberts - Piano SFC Zack Pride - Bass SFC Matthew Evans - Violin I SSG Patrick Lin - Violin II MSG Holly Watters - Viola SSG Aaron Ludwig - Cello Recorded and Mixed by SSG Michael Willis Video by SSG Artie Bowman and SSG Clark McDaniel

CrazyDiamond,

CrazyDiamond

Crosseyed & Painless
One like in the whole thread, guess I will stop then for now. Unless others post up, done-zo.

CrazyDiamond,
Top Bottom