• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Back to vaping after a few years of messing up. In terms of technology, what have I missed?

MeditativeMind

*Insert 'custom title' here*
I've had an Arizer Air since about 2015. I took a break for a couple of years before returning to the green but instead of vaping I went for the bong. Now I'm coming back after another year long break and want to stick to vaping this time.

Just wondering how much the technology has changed since then as I haven't really been keeping up.

The reason I chose the Air:

- it's designed and made in Canada (but I'm told new ones are made in China)
- it has a clean ceramic heating element
- the air intake path is pretty much isolated
- the vapor path is all glass
- the removable 18650 allows me to swap out spares easily
- adjustable temperature
- small and portable
- comes with extra stems and a carrying case

Is there anything better than the Air in terms of clean vapor path and portability?

My Air still works perfectly fine so I don't need to upgrade but it would be nice to treat myself.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yes! Come a long way, best bet now is the tinymight, swappable batteries with much more power, full temp range dial, pure convection on demand style vaping with button and inhale, still glass stem-based chamber and vapor pathway, great with WPA and hook or other glass... Welcome back!

Sonics420

I just returned to vaping after a few years and coincidentally found my AA in a drawer too. Damn, I miss it, flower and a dab sandwiched is such good flavor in it.

I recently picked up the Mighty+ and it's a bit better than the AA. Has a longer battery life, extracts without stirring, free flowing draws and hits harder. It's a solid vape.

I have the Flowerpot B0 otw and it's supposed to be the end game.. after some research it really could be!

My_50p_worth

As everyone else has said, you definitely sound like the sort of person who’d love the tinymight.

May I also suggest looking into portable butane options? I’d argue they’ve made just as big leaps in technology and innovation as the desktops and electric portables.

The Anvil and the TA by Phattpiggie can hit as hard as desktops when comparing “gram for gram” but without all the cables and bulky parts

Texus

I'd say that Roffu and v3 are less technical advancement than well designed Vapes that hit great price points. Bonus points for swappable batteries, both on demand & session modes and appearance that's very similar to nicotine Vapes. Very thoughtfully designed Vapes.

On the innovative side of things, yes I'd say that Anvil and Thermal Accumulator both really move the needle for butane Vapes that don't run with an intake tube. But still heavy on the Convection side of things. And induction heaters designed specifically for each are in the pipeline.

The other portable innovation to my mind is the YLL Angus which gives a portable halogen vape. All the great usability characteristics of the Mighty but better flavor and swappable batteries. And only $200 (!!). I use a glass cooling FW7 Stem with it to get an all-glass airpath above the screen separating the heater (halogen bulb and balls) from the herb chamber.

On the desktop side check out the Halo on the halogen side of things. Flavor in the neighborhood of the Herborizer. Yes it has balls in the design too, like the Angus but when most people talk ballers they are referring to the type of things below where they play a larger role. Halogen just doesn't seem capable of heating too many balls. Certainly not the way a coil or soldering iron style heaters can.

On the heavy hitter side of the spectrum, yeah the ballers hit HARD. O'Connell has the very cool modular TKO system which I'd look hard at if I didn't already have a B0 & B2. And to me the other more unique baller design is the B2 that lets you do double deckers with a proper dab dish (SIC and Sapphire are both nice options there). Oh and the Zenith is a baller that can use a box mod. But you would still need a bowl and piece to vape thru.

GoldenBud

Anvil and Thermal Accumulator
they're definately portables vapes, but you need to have some kind of metal to cool down the heaters.... kinda any metalic grinder will do the job... definately an option.... but without some metal near you? you need atleast 1 minute of cool down even more?

GoldenBud,

Roffa

they're definately portables vapes, but you need to have some kind of metal to cool down the heaters.... kinda any metalic grinder will do the job... definately an option.... but without some metal near you? you need atleast 1 minute of cool down even more?
with the anvil? A few seconds on the magnet/utility tube cover and you're good to go again.

GoldenBud

Anvil is one of the best hybrid vapes ever made. Never tried the TA but should be tastier with Ti

GoldenBud,
Top Bottom