NFC AVB vs ABV (and more, what do YOU call it?!)

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I don't know why, but seeing ABV everywhere bothers me so much lol I think it's because it has no noun? "Already Been Vaped" makes no sense, grammatically if you sub it in where you see "ABV" used here (I also remember people saying how it sounded like alcohol blood volume or something?)

Meanwhile AVB "Already Vaped Bud" is what I use and I think it is the only option that actually makes sense... I mean even the word "been" is totally unnecessary in ABV, might as well just called it AV!

But I digress for now, thought this could be a fun frivolous conversation for the community... I have seen others call it "duff" or even "poo" but I tend to refer to it as "browns" most often since fresh weed is "greens" despite the multicolor ofcourse!

:deadhorse::mental::shrug::suspicious::razz:

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
I’ve struggled in my mind with this too. @Shit Snacks Snacks Im with you. AVB makes more sense to me.

At some point 420 Vape Zones Troy, If I remember correctly, was attempting to settle this by changing the term to DCB. “Decarboxylated Bud.” It apparently has not stuck.

Duff is also a word I have heard used to discribe AVB? New Vape used to make a duff can but now sell an AVB can.

Last edited:

Solomon

Talk to the Beard
Google thinks ABV means "Alcohol By Volume", and is a controversial topic with beer drinkers - but no mention of weed until page 3
..but Google affirms AVB right off with a link from Leafly (2019) and an old one from a site called TheChillBud (2016)

I have never thought of using the term AVB (yes, I'm an ABV guy), but now I realize after this research that I might casually start talking about ABV and end up in a shouting match with some Beer guy over demanding we calculate ABV!

Just to avoid the drunken brawl that would clearly follow, I have switched to AVB

Dayseed

Well, if specificity is the main concern, shouldn’t it be Already Vaped Cannabis? Or Already Vaped Flower? I personally switch off whenever things are reduced to abbreviation.

How about we come up with something a little sexier? I like Potential, Decaf, or Satan’s Kindling (because of how bad it tastes in firecrackers).

I’m sure that between us we can come up with something better!

PS: Sorry I dropped the ball on starting this topic @Shit Snacks; life got the better of me and I totally forgot.

vapirtoo

Those firecrackers are effective, but taste like hell!
You can call me anything, but not late to dinner!
I'm stuck with ABV because.... well I'm stuck.
K.I.S.S.

Vapirtoo,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
ABV is better for me,it sounds like the first 3 letters of the Cyrilic alphabet :). Already been vaporized can refer to solids or other forms of material not just to bud.I know most have one thing in mind but the term can also be used for any kind of botanical that way..

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I don't really care if we call it ABV, AVB, or Ker-Flu_flam...just settle on one and lets move on.

That being said. ABV seems to have won the popular acceptance race first.

So, why are we still arguing?

Ramahs,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
I don't really care if we call it ABV, AVB, or Ker-Flu_flam...just settle on one and lets move on.

There is no smoke here,neither fire :p. We are just sharing our perspectives on the subject. The OP asked why and we answered ,that is what is going on from my point of view,but again it could be the great language barrier reefer :D..
ABV FTW !
At some point 420 Vape Zones Troy, If I remember correctly, was attempting to settle this by changing the term to DCB. “Decarboxylated Bud.” It apparently has not stuck.
No wonder, cause yet someone has do labtests on ABV to see at what extent the decarb has occured. Maybe PartiallyDCB = PDCB until then,lol..
--------------
This brought another thought, while some companies are trying to do effiency tests analyzing actives content in the vapor,but to they also do tests prior and after on the material? I am guessing no,otherwise there would have been some data other than other vaporizers extract 80%,90%,99%,but no mention of any details.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

Haha no argument, just discussion, that being said, my grammatical issues with ABV have not been resolved so I will continue to use AVB myself, but I am enjoying the explanations and alternatives!

hit&run

I don't care too. But i'm always cofused when people dice up the term AVB/ABV for totally vaped bud (with no more active substances in it, so allmost waste) and decarboxylated bud (to make edibles). :shrug:

Buzzbomb Almighty

The problem with ABV cookies is the same as with stem-cleaner cocoa; dosage. I don't know a way to bake a couple of dozen cookies and not eat about 6 of them, (which is about 4 too many).
The realisation hit home one evening as I sat at the table in front of the computer, and thought, "Gee, if the house caught fire right now, I might be hard-pressed to stand up and leave...."

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
yes "already" is unnecessary and for that matter so is "bud." so we're left with "vaped," "v" for short. no, we're back to ABV.

z0r

I started by calling it "ABV weed", then dropped the "weed". Whenever I question it, I just vape, and then the question is no more.

z0r,

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Just pick letters and go with it. I don't care if we use ABV, AVB, XYZ, ABC, CTV, KWN, or whatever....just decide on something. How about AUHGFUHGFRESDFGHGFGB?

Ramahs,

notams

toke down Babylon
How 'bout ASH - Already Sesh'd Herb --or-- After Sucked Herb

Oh, wait fuck "combustion"... Ok, thumbs down on "ash".

TRASH - Toked Reefer After Sufficient Heat

Ah, dang! It's not trash. Done folks use that stuff.

REMAINS - Ridiculously Eviscerated Marijuana After I Nearly Smoked

SOOT - Sinsemilla Out Of Tokes

Wait, soot is just another word for ash. Remember: ash was bad.

CINDERS - Cannabis I Now Destroyed (while) Entirely Removing Smoke

Oh crap, cinders is another word for ash, isn't it? Why does this keep happening?

Nah, I'll stick with AVB

Top Bottom