Auber RDK-300a w/ D-Nail Flat Coil

jkstraw

I searched the forum and found a few posts saying that the XLR wiring "looked" the same / compatible.

I also found a thread on /r/enails that says the paring is an issue.

Has anyone tried these two together - I am just looking for confirmation (first dab rig build).

Thanks in advance to anyone who can confirm.

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum
I searched the forum and found a few posts saying that the XLR wiring "looked" the same / compatible.

I also found a thread on /r/enails that says the paring is an issue.

Has anyone tried these two together - I am just looking for confirmation (first dab rig build).

Thanks in advance to anyone who can confirm.

They for sure work together fine, Auber units are wired to the dnail "standard" wiring. There are several members using this combo with no issues, and loving it.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
D-nail are out of stock of both for now, Oh well, I will just have to wait.:tup:

LesPlenty,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Are you dead set on the Halo, or have you also considered going the quartz banger route with a coil?

NewVape has a flat coil setup too, I think my buddy is gonna order one of those since D-nail is out of stock with everything.

invertedisdead,
Reactions: Roth

Baron23

I am almost set to purchase an Auber PID (RDK-300A) controller and flat 28mm coil, do I need a special nail for the D-Nail sic Halo dish or will it fit on the Auber nail below?

https://www.auberins.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=45&products_id=624
Go D-nail slim line w SiC Halo. If out of stock, get a good Quartz banger and coil from @710Coils to hold you over.

Auber controllers are great. @710Coils coils and bangers are great.

I predict when you get a D-nail Halo you will love it. Get the Ti carb cap w the forked dabbed handle. Req equip, IME.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Are you dead set on the Halo
Yeah, I have done just enough research to make me dangerous.:) I have heard the same story a few times and have decided this will be my most economical option to get a quality experience.

NewVape has a flat coil setup too,
Too expensive for a rebadged China Controller that probably won`t mate with anything except Newvape stuff, plus last time I tried to order a kit, they wanted US$108 just for shipping!

get a good Quartz banger and coil
I can wait, only have reclaim for now anyway.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Too expensive for a rebadged China Controller that probably won`t mate with anything except Newvape stuff, plus last time I tried to order a kit, they wanted US$108 just for shipping!

I wasn't actually talking about any of the electronics. I meant NewVape has a titanium base and SiC dish alternative to D-nail that is actually in stock. You can use any electronics you want with it.

Regarding the NewVape controller - They are actually more expensive on DHgate than from Newvape. The Auber would be a great choice, though you would have to order from multiple vendors with that controller.

biohacker

D-nail are out of stock of both for now, Oh well, I will just have to wait.:tup:

I like the look of the High Five base the best (flat coil). Not stoked on 18/14 combos, but I think it looks even better than my d-nail slim series 18/14 base. Only God knows if I will actually receive my 14mm male base from d-nail.

There is an entire kit for sale on entexchange, with a high five led 2 controller and sic halo, but it's with a barrel coil/base. Not sure on the pros/cons between the barrel coils/bases and the flat ones, but I prefer the flat myself.

biohacker,
Top Bottom