Athlete Vaporists?

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
here is an old guy tip: don't wait until age 65 to start strength training, i.e. trying to add some muscle mass.

i was a tall spindly kid, avoided sports (not good at anything), loved my bike and rode a lot during summer - but no muscle development. now it is too late to try to add much muscle mass.

my thought for a long time was i didn't want to carry the extra mass (and strain joints) or eat a lot more to feed the extra muscles. not to be an arnold, but i should have tried to be a bruce lee. it was not until i was 70 that i finally learned how to feed myself correctly. so, avoiding eating extra junk was dodging a bullet.

and i do think the aerobics was a really good choice. it sets the foundation for health.

vapirtoo

I just read that static poses like the Roman chair( back to the wall and squat) and planks( elbows and feet support your body; front, back, sides) are more effective at lowering blood pressure than aerobic activity.
40 seconds each pose; 3x a day compared to 30 minutes daily of cardio.
Has anyone else came across this? Doing both is better than doing one.

Durbandream

I actually started vaping because I was getting in shape for a trip overseas that included a lot of hiking. I walk/hike about 14 miles a day now (I live up the street from a regional park) along with strength training and aerobics at home, and my lungs are doing great. I also went vegan which massively increased my energy and recovery time; I credit both of those things for making exercise a lot easier, I'm in the best shape of my life now.

Vapinghole

Low-Temp Hempist / JedHI Master
High there, everyone!

I started this thread almost 12 years ago and am delighted it remains active and helpful for others. I haven't been on FC very much over the past few years, popping in every now and then to check on my vaping family. I discovered FC in Feb 2012, right after I got turned on to vaporizing cannabis. The Iolite was my first experience. I was captivated. I purchased one for myself and I still have it. I went deep down the vaporizer rabbit hole, trying what seems like dozens of models over the years. I ultimately emerged with my perfect setup for portable and home use. VapeXhale Cloud for home (I still have the first "clicker" unit and spent good time with Stonemonkey back then). Pax for portable.

Anywho, when I started the thread I was an avid triathlete/trail runner and quickly noticed the benefits of vaping over combustion. So, as one does, I fucked combustion. Alas, about 6 years ago I was diagnosed with an autoimmune disease that's rocked my athletic boat. I've since learned to manage it and am getting back into my previous athletic endeavors, albeit not to the same level. Such is the way of things, but I believe things work out best for those who make the best of how things work out.

I enjoyed dropping in and catching up on this thread. Thanks to those who are keeping it alive and inspiring others. I'll likely drop in more often moving forward. In the meantime, take care.

Peace and love,
Vapinghole

Turtlemaze

First Tracks! I have to admit, I didn't stop for a safety break--but I was well medicated at the start.
53561669431_78d284a57a_c_d.jpg
What unit do you run in those conditions?

Turtlemaze,

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968
Weed and Exercise: Why Some People Use Cannabis Before A Workout

Article in today's New York Times

Link below to Gift version, readable by non-subscribers:

For what its worth, I've been a vigorous outdoors person for nearly 60 years!, hiking, climbing, snowshoeing, xc skiing, biking, jogging, etc. Though somewhat hobbled by injuries and arthritis, at 75yrs old, I still get on my road or cellar(winter) bike five or six times every week. I take a few tokes on the vape 95% of the time before exercise. Weed and churning legs keep me alive and happy:)

Last edited:

Sativasforpresident

High there, everyone!

I started this thread almost 12 years ago and am delighted it remains active and helpful for others. I haven't been on FC very much over the past few years, popping in every now and then to check on my vaping family. I discovered FC in Feb 2012, right after I got turned on to vaporizing cannabis. The Iolite was my first experience. I was captivated. I purchased one for myself and I still have it. I went deep down the vaporizer rabbit hole, trying what seems like dozens of models over the years. I ultimately emerged with my perfect setup for portable and home use. VapeXhale Cloud for home (I still have the first "clicker" unit and spent good time with Stonemonkey back then). Pax for portable.

Anywho, when I started the thread I was an avid triathlete/trail runner and quickly noticed the benefits of vaping over combustion. So, as one does, I fucked combustion. Alas, about 6 years ago I was diagnosed with an autoimmune disease that's rocked my athletic boat. I've since learned to manage it and am getting back into my previous athletic endeavors, albeit not to the same level. Such is the way of things, but I believe things work out best for those who make the best of how things work out.

I enjoyed dropping in and catching up on this thread. Thanks to those who are keeping it alive and inspiring others. I'll likely drop in more often moving forward. In the meantime, take care.

Peace and love,
Vapinghole
Thanks a lot for starting this thread, I am sure I am not the only one who has enjoyed reading through it. There are so many different ways to use cannabis and this thread allowed me to see that I was not the only one who wanted to lead a healthy lifestyle while enjoying the highs.

fangorn

hey!

here I am again... after a forced 3 month break.

My knee pain bothered me for a long time. I only did exercises twice to improve my condition. It sucks but it's really not my thing to follow videos or tutorials to exercise...

It was getting better but I put off buying real shoes... always choosing to spend the money elsewhere... and therefore postponing my return to training.

I stopped using nicotine in my e-cig about a month ago, and I sometimes want a cigarette (I haven't had the urge for 4-5 years!!).
I have experienced/am also experiencing some turbulence in my life.

So today I went to buy some shoes, New Balance bla bla bla v13.
I went home and went straight out to run.
I ran 5 km.

I wanted to cry... and I smiled stupidly for at least 3 km!!
Best bucks I've used lately...

I'm going to sleep more to avoid muscle fatigue and I'm going to start slowly again, seeing how my knees react...

But what joy, Damn!!!

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968
Took my snow tires off two weeks ago so of course we've had more snow since then than in the entire winter: 25 inches two weeks ago today; 13 inches a week ago, and 19 inches this past Wed, Thurs and Friday. Living on a steep hill, I really couldn't safely go out in the car for three days. But today is the eclipse and my town in northern NH is half in/half just out of totality. Temp 22F this morning, but a gorgeous sunny day with temps expected to hit 60F. I'm gonna pack my lunch, charge up my vape, throw the pedeling-required ebike on the rack, drive 15 or 20 minutes north on back roads--signs all over the main road heading north warning of traffic delays today--and watch totality along the big Androscoggin River at a beautiful wildish place that I hope isn't already over-crowded with viewers from further south. A toke for the sun and the moon and then another toke or two for a good ride along the river on this especially lovely day. I have a bright tasty very lemony sativa just perfect for a day like this.

Last edited:
Top Bottom