Atadam's Vaporizers

atadam

Greetings from ANKARA! This thread will serve as a showcase for my possible future vaporizers. First working design v1.0.0 (codename: HaloNut) is below. First of all great thx to @Abysmal Vapor for the name and his thread "Halo-log" which have been my main inspiration. A collection 'might' be found here in the future: fc.kesik.top
This versions objectives were
a) All glass air path except for the screens and rods (SS)
b) Doable without power tools (electric screwdriver doesn't count :D)
c) Except for GonGs and bubbler, purchasable from local industrial sites (SS), construction and super markets
(even glassware can be ordered from chem. lab suppliers in industrial sites, it just is expensive
that borosilicate though)

##PART LIST## (AFAIR)

#Electronics:
Halogen bulb (G6.35) - Osram 35W (12V)
SS316(L) 3mm Rod (approx 50cm, 3mm was the thinnest possible here)
Crocodile jumper cables (2x)
Bonus: 2.1mm DC jack (male-female)
Bonus: LED Dimmer​

#Body:
Coconut (1x)
Cork Sanding Block (1x)
100*8*25mm wood (4x)
100*8*8mm wood (1x)
40*3mm Bolts (1+4x) - Screws also OK​

#Glassware
18M-18F adapter (2x)
14M-18F adapter (1x)
14mm Nectar Collector (Pinnacle Hydrotube - Bubbler)
(Arizer-like dome screens are suggested)
#Tools Required
Hobbyist Hand Saw (Metal and Wood)
Electric Screwdriver
Drill Bits (at least 2.0, 2.5, 3.0, 6.0 mm)
Philips Screwdriver (for bolts)
Needle Nose Pliers (others OK too)
Sandpaper
##TUTORIAL##

#1-(ELECTRONICS) Drill a 3mm hole in an excess wood, and pass SS-Rod through. That will help you grab the rod (trying to hold w/ pliers is not fun). Notch the wood for saw to grab, letting easier grooving of the SS-Rod. Desired method is trying to keep saw blade as horizontal as possible, so groove will end up parallel-ish to the rod. Be patient you only need 2 properly grooved rods (I got 2 out of 5 trials luckily). That's the hardest part, constantly try to fit bulb terminals to not overshoot with saw.
2le1md0.jpg

The Bulb fit on the rods within coconut (pic below).
2wfpdmw.jpg

#2-(THREADING WOOD) Cut top and bottom of the coconut, such that 18M-18F GonG passes from top to bottom. However, gets stuck (does not fall from bottom hole). Metal-saw cuts less messy, but takes longer than wood-saw. Then you need to grab the swinging (female side) of GonG with two 100*8*25mm wood. When glass no more shakes, sandwich cork sander in between woods and drill up to 2.5mm. Thread 2.5mm holes with 3mm bolt. Better cut a bolt roughly so that it has a bulge to help threading drill hole. Even then my hands ached btw. Using 6.0mm bit, drill some space for bolt head.
1z35svk.jpg

23vepw7.jpg

#3-(THE BODY) Screw threaded woods (while sandwiching cork) w/ a bolt. That will form a peg to hold GonG. Fasten it and proceed w/ second hole to be drilled. Do threading again, and secrew with bolt later on (might want to disassemble before threadings). Mine already had the holes, don't let this trick you. After first wooden couple forms the structure, screw second one in a way that 100*8*8mm wooden part is squeezed in between GonG and second row of wood.
2jih5k.jpg

Mind that you need to drill two holes (3mm) in the middle of 100*8*8mm wood to place grooved rods. Later on, length of rods will be decided upon by attaching the bulb and sliding it with the rods within glassware.
2vlprly.jpg

Afterwards both rods will be bent 90 degrees. Second row of wood will be disattached and drilled so bent rods go through one each. Then second row will be screwed back and hopefully you are almost finished. Try to power the bulb within coconut.
2s1oktu.jpg

One might wonder why the 100*8*8mm wood is not fastened down to something. Well, since there will be little precision with the tools mentioned, that wood works as an adjuster. Its orientation determines relative positions of the rods (see pic below, especially compare grooves orientations).
nwepvk.jpg

#4-(REFLECTOR) At this point, cut 10*9.5*1mm and 10*1.5*1mm SS-sheet. Numbers WILL CHANGE for your case, calculate is using 2*pi*R formula and form a frustum-conical out of the sheet. I did so by forming a "C" and completing it to a circle with an "i" (flat metal sheet) so "Ci". Just check the pics below :D. Also that conical/cylindrical reflector helps fitting GonGs easier on top of each other. Sometimes GonGs seem to be stuck, a gentle wiggle is all it takes to dismantle.
vzdjco.jpg

6z78k1.jpg

#5-(SCREENS)
You can use ordinari flat screens to form a dome, but it is not practical since the glass will get real hot. So either use Arizer-like dome screens off shelves, or write your solution to develop the design. Also a bigger than ordinary flat screen, should be placed in the middle of 14M-18F GonG. I ordered SS-mesh (Vandy Vape SS316L mesh), however for the time being some french-press mesh was cut into right size and does the job. DEFINITELY not recommended. The goal is clean air path after all.
2hqdmx0.jpg

(P.S. I broke 2 of my GonGs while taking pictures, thats why above pic has a broken 18M glass)
Since I broke my glasses, no new pics. Down are some old pics to display how the vaporizer looks (all 3 GonGs are within the coconut. Also right-top one shows where your bulb should fall into the second 18M-18F Gong clearly).

1zp7a15.jpg

Lastly, I would recommend substituting Cork Sanding Block with wood, but it is much easier to drill/screw I must admit. At least source yours from a trustworthy place, a construction market is not the best place sadly.

Just connect your, powerful enough, PSU. Give the vape some minutes to heat up, experiment with thermometer and so on.

Oh, here is a FreeCAD model, (v0.9.0 = v1.0.0)
28jy1x5.jpg

https://github.com/atadamfc/vapes

Last edited by a moderator:

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
:)) Thanks are appreciated,but for sure i am not the only one that should be receiving them.I am glad my thread got the spark of creation in you too !There are just arent enough halogen vaporizer on the market today,they taste so good and deliver nice clouds,cant take a pass on that for sure. Eventually i should stop gifting them and make a few for sale,but it is a bit of a financial struggle to get all the parts at once,cause i blew some (which is a lot for me) in the R&D of the project.. Now i know exactly what should i buy and how to source it ,but i guess i will have to save up a bit to get things going for real.. I am happy that at least in the i have figured out of few other working concepts and neat ideas ,which might come to be handy in future,so i dont really consider anything went to waste :))..
I wish you good luck with your project ,will be monitoring your thread!

Last edited:

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
Wow, now THAT'S a first post @atadam!
Fascinating and extremely comprehensive description of your process, top work :tup:
Like Abysmal (who's thread is fantastic) I too will be tuning in here to see where the Halonut goes.
Great achievement :clap:

atadam

[UPDATE] v.1.0.1
Change-log:
(*) Substituted 18F-18F for the base and 18M-18M for the middle GonGs. (Previously 18M-18F both)​

Virtually no effect, other than some looseness at connection between coconut and cork-base. Reason being different circumferences of different GonGs at their middle (even though same supplier from DHGate). That difference is visible in the photo below.

I'm at the dawn of a v2.0.0 18650 portable design. Will take months probably. Any suggestion PMs are welcome.
izx542.jpg

Edit: FreeCAD drawing is to be added

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
@atadam So here are few things about 18650 based mods. Most of them have 10 seconds cutt off so you will have to keep track and do multiple pressing per session. You other choice is to go with a mod that can run TUBO software or arctic fox. Then you are presented with the next challenge which is that those mods can handle only really under 1.5 ohms which brings up overheating issues with the Chip with the multiohm bulbs. Then you have to deal with radial heat and heating of the leads from the current ,that can project to the 510 and to the mod. The 510 design will be crucial to the problem free operation of the unit.
I think i have figured out a couple of solutions but i will talk about as tests are done and concept is proven to be reliable,for now things are too scattered to be formulated into something useful for the community. I have a working concept but it has its kinks, still struggling to find the right base ,mod and settings,there are just too many things to get done and that are hard due to the smaller scale of those type of vaporizers.As a breaktrough occurs i will share it in the dedicated thread,but feel free to shoot me PMs with any questions you have i will be glad if i can be of help.

Last edited:
Abysmal Vapor,
Reactions: atadam
Top Bottom