• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Robert-in-YEG

Overview
Small, pocketable, with a glass aroma tube, the ArGo is like a scaled down version of Arizer's 'glass tube vape system' that underlies the Solo, Solo II, and Air vaporizers. To be clear, the aroma tubes for the ArGo are similar, but not exactly the same. The ArGo's tubes are narrower, shorter, with the ArGo oven being deeper; ArGo tubes will not work in a Solo, and vice versa. The general concept of operation is the same. The ArGo is pocket sized vape, powered by a removable 18650 battery, making the unit perfect for on the go or stealth vaping.

For users who prefer the cleanliness and purity of a glass oven and glass mouthpiece, or a heavy chronic user looking for the portable vape, the ArGo fits the bill.

In terms of performance, the ArGo is underpowered, but still quite acceptable. Given the unit's size, there will be compromises. Efficiency and trade-off's are part of working with batteries. Arizer could have used a more powerful heater, but that would come at the cost of battery life. The upside, is that the ArGo does very well in the battery department, averaging 4-6 sessions per charge.

Vaping 4, 5, 6, or more times a day, a vape gets dirty. Resin, residue, and other bits of flower build up over time. With Arizer's approach, everything is easy to clean and it is very easy to see when things are dirty. This is where the ArGo shines. It is a great Little Brother to the other Arizer products.

ArGo-Product-3d.png

Performance
This is a vape for sipping, not for someone in a rush. Heat up takes a bit of time averaging around a minute or two to reach full temperature. The herb is packed in the tube, but the ArGo tubes are narrower and deeper. The capacity is similar, but because the tube is narrower and deeper, it takes a bit a bit longer for the herb to start cooking. Patience goes a long way with this vape; start it, go get a coffee or other drink, and the vape will be ready when you're back. As mentioned, battery life is decent, and taking a bit longer to heat is a fair trade.

Vapor production is average. It's not great, but it's not bad either. Taste? Like all the Arizer's the taste is pure and clean; there is nothing but glass between your lungs, lips, and the herb itself. The mouthpiece is small, barely sticking out from the unit, so it does get warm, and the vapor is on the warm side, but it wasn't a problem. Using the vape for two, back-to-back, six-minute sessions, the bottom half of the unit got very hot to the touch, however, the Argo can be held near the top, which remained warm but quite comfortable.

After two, back-to-back six-minute sessions at 420F, the AVB was mostly medium deep brown, but there were traces of green near the top of the tube, as well as lighter shades throughout. Stirring would likely give more even extraction. Running a third session on the same herb worked reasonably well. There was still flavour and vapor. After a third session, the herb had been fully extracted.

Packing and Cleaning
Like the Arizer Solo and Air, proper packing is critical. 'Difficult to draw', is a common complaint about Arizer's portable vapes, but it all comes down to packing. Properly packed, draw should not be an issue.

Every person is unique, and we all have personal preferences. For me, the Arizer tubes work best filled either with broken nuggets or coarse ground herb.

The final test is this -> After filling the tube, before inserting, can you easily suck air through what has been filled? If you can't suck air through the aroma tube before it is inserted, it simply won't be a good experience. Once you have air passing through the aroma tube, insert into the heater, and it will work.

As for cleaning, it is very simple. Put the aroma tubes in a ziplock back with some 99% alcohol. Give the bag a few shakes, rinse with hot water, and dry. For those with more time, Google 'arizer stem milk' to find other cleaning ideas.

Cost
The Arizer website lists the ArGo at $154.99 (20/11/2021), with many retailers selling it at a similar price. It is interesting that Canadian websites sell the ArGo in the $150-$180 CAD price range. US websites websites sell the ArGo in the $150-$180 USD price range; this makes the Canadian priced product the better value. The best price at the time of writing this review is offered by Value Buds is $130 CAD. The offer, however, is local pickup only.

What's Included
1 x ArGo Portable Micro-Heater
1 x ArGo Battery
1 x ArGo USB Charger / Power Adapter
2 x ArGo Glass Aroma Tube
2 x ArGo PVC Travel Tube w./ Cap
1 x ArGo Belt-Clip Carry Case
2 x ArGo Silicone Stem Caps
1 x Stainless Steel Stirring Tool
4 x ArGo Stainless Steel Filter Screens
1 x ArGo Owners Manual

Note - the caps for the travel tubes can be used with the glass aroma tubes.

07_ArGo_Whats-Included_2020-The-Arizer-Way-ArGo-Product-Page-768x386.png

Summary
At the right price, this is a great vape. For those who like the Arizer tubes, but want a small portable unit, this is it. For someone who needs a portable unit that is easy to clean, again it hits the mark.

After using the unit for a day, I am quite impressed. The taste and flavour are milder than the Solo II; this may be related to the design. The taste is there, it has noticeable psychoactive effects, and it is just a nice vaping experience.

I can see myself using this when I go out. Fill a few tubes, put the unit in my pocket and go. Having multiple tubes removes and loading hassles, and the battery is very good. For light use, a single battery goes a long way. For heavier use, a single spare battery would likely get through a typical day.

Questions? --> Ask me and I will be happy to answer

Robert-in-YEG

Note - This is a review of a unit I purchased for personal use.

Last edited:

StillBiggerThanYou

we take ours on walks, the beach, sporting events and concerts, etc. Pretty much anytime we're outside and just wanna sip on it. We pack it with a spare battery and a few extra, preloaded tubes, and we're READY.

if you purchase from 420EDC, you'll get a hard-shell smell-proof case (kind of like a mini-pelican), and some other goodies, too.

Seantagon

At first glance I thought this was a review for a Argo Mini.🤦‍♂️
How could they make it any smaller lol! Great vape for cruising, it’s very discrete.

Robert-in-YEG

The ArGo is perhaps my most stealth vape. I say that because with the caps of the aroma tubes, there is no smell. In addition with four extra tubes, plus the two that came with the unit, I get six hits. Everything fits in my pocket, there is no smell, and the unit itself is small.

While battery life is good, it is fussy about the battery. It comes with an NCR18650B 3350mAh 4.87A Battery; this battery feel heavier than a standard 18650 battery, and the ArGo performs best with the original battery or an equivalent. I have used a regular, cheap 18650, and I think that the vape doesn't get as hot as with the right battery, but that is purely subjective. What I can say, is that I get at least two, sometimes three, extra sessions when using the original battery.

Compared with the temperature settings on the Solo II, the ArGo is similar. However, it just doesn't seem as hot. Typically, if seeking psychoactive effects, I set my Solo to 409F. The same temp on the ArGo, just isn't the same. I typically leave the ArGo at the maximum 428F.

The other thing with this vape is proper packing. The oven is narrow and deep; herb near the top doesn't cook very well. The options are to stir or just keep cooking. With enough sessions, everything will be extracted, but the last sessions aren't going to taste very good. If one saves their AVB, that isn't a huge problem.

As mentioned, the heat time on this vape is a bit long, but I will accept that in turn for better battery life.

I bought the ArGo just because it was at a fantastic price; I didn't expect that I would use it on a regular basis. However, after spending a day out with the unit, I was quite impressed.

I never thought that anyone would smell the Starry in my pocket, but my wife disagrees. With the ArGo, she didn't even notice.

Robert-in-YEG

Albert-Einstein-Quotes-3.jpg

Petetbay

US websites websites sell the ArGo in the $150-$180 USD price range; this makes the Canadian priced product the better value.
It’s a Canadian product so the supply chain is more direct in Canada.

I recommend trying Vape North dimpled Argo stems. Don’t seem to have the carbless stems anymore they were in the clearance section that is no more.

PaperClouds

Have had the ARGo since it came out, in fact I lost one and bought another because I enjoyed it so much. Still haven't found a vape as pocket friendly that matches its vapor quality. The only thing I wasn't a fan of is that the stock screen can get clogged.

This has been my favorite stem mod so far, 3 glass screens and a Fury dosing pod.
IMG_2488.jpg

EvilJay

wow ,very tasty hits, I actually said wow when tried some La Kush Cake from the local dispensary in it ,..that strain tastes out of this world combusted 🔥😎🍻..Got it cheap $109 with free 2 day shipping ,great shop Aroma-Tek😎

Dutch-Mic

I bought a second-hand Argo that will arrive this week. I used the Air II a few times and was quite impressed by the taste and ease of use, so I'm really looking forward to the Argo!

Dutch-Mic

I used the Argo yesterday for the first time. Disclaimer: it's second- third hand. My first impressions:

- The interface is so simple: push two buttons and it turns on, click the plus or minus button and it starts heating up to the last used temperature.
- When it reaches temperature an extra heat soak doesn't hurt if you want a first cloudy hit.
- Taste is great for such a small device.
- Compared to the Air II the clouds seem to be a bit smaller (not a con for me).
- It seems that longer, slower draws result in more cloudy hits.
- A cooling stem would be my next purchase IF I want to use the device above 200°c.
- Packing the stem takes a bit of technique.
- The herbs closest to the heating element seem to brown a bit more than the herbs close to the glass screen. Maybe this could be avoided by packing technique and a longer heat soak.

Overall I'm super happy with the purchase so far and I wish I bought an Arizer product way sooner. What for some is a critique is for me a pro: the slower extraction time. For someone with a lower tolerance the temperature control, in combination with the slower extraction speed, helps greatly to enjoy the medical effects and to avoid overmedicating.

Faolan

Mighty, Air1.5/Max/Go, Tinymight, Dynavap, Fury2
I've had an Argo for a while too and really liked it. Kind of stopped using it when I got into a "on demand fast extraction" phase but now sometimes I want to sip instead of rip... wish I hadn't gave that vape away, but atleast I got the OG air still

Aquanaught

Man, I was all ready to pick up one of these given all the sales going on at the moment. But reading through this thread it seems like a number of people have had issues with a plastic smell from the vape itself, and a plastic taste in the vapor. For me the latter is a complete nonstarter. Is this really as common a problem as it seems from the posts in this thread?

cosimo

Man, I was all ready to pick up one of these given all the sales going on at the moment. But reading through this thread it seems like a number of people have had issues with a plastic smell from the vape itself, and a plastic taste in the vapor. For me the latter is a complete nonstarter. Is this really as common a problem as it seems from the posts in this thread?

4 out of 4 I have purchased (for me and friends) in less than a year have had it. It goes away within week or so. Not something that seems to go away just because pf using the device. One of these I purchased I never used, just left outside the box for a bit over 2 weeks and the smell went away.

Baboose1948

The one I owned had no plastic taste whatsoever. That's from day one and a plastic taste never developed. Same goes for my brothers, which was the reason I go one in the first place. Not to discount others experiences or anything, just offering mine.

Baboose1948,
Reactions: Dutch-Mic

Dutch-Mic

Disclaimer: I'm sensitive to smells.

I did a test with an empty bowl when the device was turned off and turned on. It has a distinct smell and taste compared to my butane vaporizers, MFLB and Dreamwood Glow 18, also when the device is turned off. Plasticky is not the right word for it, maybe "electronical"? It doesn't affect the taste of the vapor, so it doesn't bother me.

EvilJay

Disclaimer: I'm sensitive to smells.

I did a test with an empty bowl when the device was turned off and turned on. It has a distinct smell and taste compared to my butane vaporizers, MFLB and Dreamwood Glow 18, also when the device is turned off. Plasticky is not the right word for it, maybe "electronical"? It doesn't affect the taste of the vapor, so it doesn't bother me.
The instructions say You are supposed turn it up to max and do a burn off session before using it

Dutch-Mic

The instructions say You are supposed turn it up to max and do a burn off session before using it

It's second/third-hand and I did a few burn-offs. The smell/taste is just there. I might do a few more, but doubt that it will change. Maybe important to add: I even taste heated glass (the Vaponic for instance) and titanium (Vapcap tip), so I'm not surprised that I taste and smell something different with the ArGo.

Dutch-Mic,

Dutch-Mic

If you're sensitive to those kinds of smell it just won't go away.
I bought my ArGo about 3 years ago (maybe more, can't remember) and it still smells "electronical" while in use.

Years ago I bought a Flowermate that really smelled like a chemical project gone wrong; the ArGo doesn't have that penetrating odor luckily.
Does the smell bother you?

Edit: just did a seven minutes session at 180°C/356°F with some super silver haze. The first few hits coated my tongue with terpenes and the rest of the session the taste remained great. I'm so glad with the ArGo!

Last edited:
Dutch-Mic,
Reactions: Franco

Franco

is (most likely) vaping
Years ago I bought a Flowermate that really smelled like a chemical project gone wrong; the ArGo doesn't have that penetrating odor luckily.
Does the smell bother you?
Unfortunately, I know what you mean. I had a Flowermate years ago and it tasted REALLY bad, like I was sucking from a lithium battery or something. It was awful.
The ArGo is not THAT bad, but it was quite a letdown in other aspects, like slow extraction, draw restricion, etc. The only thing I really like about it is the size, but it's my less used vape for sure.

Mya Moe guy

I saw the sale offered from pov and put in my order. It arrives in 2 days. I’ve been using a solo for the past 7 years so I already like products from this company. Now to order a wpa for it and lucky me POV added a timely discount coupon .

Top Bottom