• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

cannabis.pro

aka 420EDC
Accessory Maker
Thanks, FC! I stopped in to share how psyched I am about the curved aroma tube I just picked up from 420EDC (@cannabis.pro),
Thank you for the shoutout @Cannabiker, stoked to hear you are digging the upgrade! The Curved Stem is all we've used for the past few months around the shop & on-the-go. Throw a stem cap on the end for OTG and you're set!

Stay safe & healthy FC.

cannabis.pro,

The shogun

New here been reading a long time on OG solo thread. Have had OG for 6 years on 3rd battery current one high capacity rocks out 12 sessions! Used solo for long time after having an OG davinci. Then I got a pax 3 did not use more than 10 times smh! Back to solo for awhile. Then I got into carts the last couple years as the little one got older and did not have green ... Then my guy gave me a couple nugs I ran through the solo (they were awesome)! That was 2 weeks ago. Just ordered my Argo from POTV and a curved 3D flow stem from 420. Also ordered a couple Panasonic batteries and a charger, although I just saw the 35s are better on here? Anything else I need or need to know? Thanks

Last edited:

Arbornaut

Hey everyone! My SO bought her first vape, which ended up being a flowermate.

Anyway, out of pure boredom I've been tinkering with my vapes a lot, and noticed the flowermate capsules fit into the ArGo OEM glass stems. I feel like it produced bigger clouds with less herb than usual, so I thought I'd share. Also a good way to keep the stem clean. The cap sticks out a bit, but the stem still stays in place, and I think it allows a bit more airflow. The ArGo works well enough normally, so this isn't a huge upgrade or anything- just an added bonus if you have a flowermate herb capsule laying around. Not sure if I would bother buying them just for this purpose, but maybe if they're cheap enough. Good way to micro dose as well, since you can use just a tiny bit. It gets very hot so care needs to be taken removing it, as it will just drop out.

https://ibb.co/6rxWDN9
https://ibb.co/HtDRSWN
https://ibb.co/93f7TMH

AVB shown has a little life left, but wanted to show how evenly it roasts. Worked surprisingly well if only a bit more harsh than usual - but flavour was intense the first couple hits.

Cheers!

Arbornaut,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

mr12321

Hi,

I just ordered an ArGo, and am slightly overwhelmed by options for non-OEM batteries. This is my first device, vaporizer or otherwise using 18650s, and I am running into lots of contradictory/questionable information across the internet, so I was hoping you folks might have more definitive advice for me.

I am planning to buy ~4 extra batteries for now, and after looking through the general price range of options on IMRBatteries, I do not have a price limit and am just looking for the best/safest option on the market. If ambient temperature is an issue for any particular models or a general concern for the unit, I plan to use my ArGo while hiking/camping/backpacking in a wide temperature range (e.g., summer in the desert or winter in the mountains). For my uses, a larger capacity is ideal.

Just to be certain, the ArGo is only compatible with unprotected/flat top batteries, correct? Assuming that is the case, does anyone know of high end headlamp models compatible with unprotected 18650s? (It seems like most of the best options either require protected button tops, or are partially compatible, but unsafe; not looking to attach a bomb to my forehead!) I do night work in the backcountry and use high-powered headlamps for navigation and routefinding (ideally with spot, flood, and red lighting modes), so it would be great to have another use for these batteries if possible.

I would also like to purchase a 2 or 4 bay charger, any strong recommendations?

All advice or links regarding battery safety/travel storage with an ArGo in the conditions I'll be taking it would be very helpful too. Thank you all in advance!

mr12321,

Choices

Does Arizer sell extra batteries? If so why not buy from them directly? Or at the least go look at which ones they offer. Seems they would carry the one(s) best suited for use in your new vape. Just a thought...

Choices,
Reactions: cycleb

mr12321

Does Arizer sell extra batteries? If so why not buy from them directly? Or at the least go look at which ones they offer. Seems they would carry the one(s) best suited for use in your new vape. Just a thought...
The OEM batteries are Panasonic NCR18650B batteries at 4-5 times the price, with potentially better/higher capacity options out there, which is my reason for asking. I haven't seen a consistent figure for minimum amerage either. (I originally posted this as a thread in Ask FC, since not all my questions are ArGo specific. I was hoping for input from folks who have more technical knowledge than myself and may not read this thread... but someone merged my thread to the ArGo-specific thread unfortunately)

For example, here are a few other potential options from reputable (as far as I am aware) brands, all of which have higher amperage and capacity ratings, so I am looking for more knowledgeable input beyond my own research, rather than shooting from the hip with something potentially explosive:

https://www.imrbatteries.com/panasonic-ncr18650g-3550mah-8a-battery/

https://www.imrbatteries.com/samsung-36g-18650-3600mah-10a-battery/

https://www.imrbatteries.com/sony-vc7-18650-3500mah-8a-battery/

https://www.imrbatteries.com/sanyo-ncr18650ga-3450mah-10a-battery/

Last edited:
mr12321,

Choices

Paging @OF
:):):):):):):)

No worries. I only own a Solo in the Arizer portable lineup so I figured their site would at least specify what cell was needed and specifications for it. Does it use the same cell as the Air and Air II? If so that thread will probably yield a wealth of info. Good Luck!

Choices,
Reactions: OF

OF

Paging @OF
:):):):):):):)

No worries. I only own a Solo in the Arizer portable lineup so I figured their site would at least specify what cell was needed and specifications for it. Does it use the same cell as the Air and Air II? If so that thread will probably yield a wealth of info. Good Luck!

Yes they do, yes they have, and the answer is in the first line of the post above yours: Panasonic NCR18650B. Generally rated about 3500 mAh, able to deliver the five Amps (actually a bit less when I measured it) necessary. Lots of cells will come close, but there's more than just numbers. I'd stick with it (in fact I use a lot of them in different vapes in this range), they are 'under ten bucks all over town'. As I understand it Walmart sells 'em?

It's recommended in earlier Airs, I believes comes with the new Air IIs? The latest Solo uses them as well (there they can't be easily replaced).

OF

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
a continuation of FC Thread

I like my Argo for out-and-about usage, and also sitting inside. The ease of loading and engaging quickly in cannabis consumption appeals to my lazy nature. The ability to swap charged batteries for spent ones means no down time.
IMG-0810.jpg

OF!

I like my Argo for out-and-about usage, and also sitting inside. The ease of loading and engaging quickly in cannabis consumption appeals to my lazy nature. The ability to swap charged batteries for spent ones means no down time.

In a more civilized world you'd simply had it to your 'vape bearer' who would quickly (and quietly) clean and reload it, check the charge (replacing the battery as needed) wipe it off and place it back at your elbow.

Not much work for 'gun bearers' these days you know........

BTW, I love that photo, makes it look like you're hanging around some big time resort with the beach just out of view.

Regards,

OF

Milwo

butane is the new black
I am looking at Argo for my sister. she likes portability and rugged build, so you can drop it without shattering anything. it’s just a little above price range, but is it worth the 159 smtg bucks? and how does it work with bubblers, is there an adapter? many thanks :)

Milwo,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
The ArGo shines especially if you have a couple extra batteries. No downtime. I pair the ArGo to my glass. All my glass is 18mm. I use a small piece of silicone tubing at the end of the glass stem/ bowl because I prefer the mouth-feel vs glass. If I use a 18 to 14 mm reducer, it mates wonderfully. Otherwise, you can purchase an adaptor like this which works with Mighty, Solo, ArGo, any pen style, etc. from Nearly Universal Vape Waterpipe Adapter (Medium)
8-F80361-A-113-B-4-F07-AE73-416-B3-B31-FA3-B.jpg

Last edited:
macbill,
Reactions: jpdnkstr

Glorg

I have to say tbh I’m pretty disappointed with the Argo. For one it had a really plasticky taste for the first 5-10 bowls after numerous pre burn offs, thankfully that’s gone now but I almost called it quits on that. Now it gets you medicated but it’s far far far from delivering satisfying hits and the stock stem is way too short/hot. Flavor is decent but I think people claiming top tier flavor off Arizer haven’t actually tasted top tier flavor, the elev8r is a world beyond this. I guess it’s a decent unit if you can catch it on sale, I don’t think there’s much electronic wise that will knock it out until you drop a solid bit more cash on the tinymight/tetra range of vapes. It also makes a bit of an annoying whistle when you vape.

Glorg,
  • Sad

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
This thread is now re-opened and has been merged with content from NewFC (if applicable). Read more about it here.

Stu,

Gardenerjeff

Author, Teaming Series of Organic Grow Books
I cannot get the sound to turn off. Any suggestions. The beep is driving me nuts. I love this instrument, however!

Teaming with Microbes,

Gardenerjeff
ooops edited: Answered! Turned off the check by the thermometer in the display. All good!

Last edited:
Gardenerjeff,

hinglemccringleberry

Hey all, a few quick questions:

-How hot does the stock mouthpiece really get? Let's say I want to fully extract my load by kicking the temp up to 215C at the end of my session. Will it get uncomfortably hot on my lips if I were to do this in, say, my car in the middle of the summer? Does the vapor get hot and harsh using the stock MP at high temps?

-Does anyone like to half-pack the bowl? Does the Argo handle it well? How much herb would that be? I'm so spoiled by the efficiency of my VapCap that I'm worried I would be disappointed by this unit if I can't get stellar extraction out of 0.05 worth of bud.

Last edited:
hinglemccringleberry,

DrJynx86

Hey all, a few quick questions:

-How hot does the stock mouthpiece really get? Let's say I want to fully extract my load by kicking the temp up to 215C at the end of my session. Will it get uncomfortably hot on my lips if I were to do this in, say, my car in the middle of the summer? Does the vapor get hot and harsh using the stock MP at high temps?

-Does anyone like to half-pack the bowl? Does the Argo handle it well? How much herb would that be? I'm so spoiled by the efficiency of my VapCap that I'm worried I would be disappointed by this unit if I can't get stellar extraction out of 0.05 worth of bud.

I have to say the mouthpiece doesn't get too hot, the only hot part I found is on the side (cold air intake) after many 15 minute 220C sessions in a row (usually what it takes to stop giving vapor on my current weed).

I totally half pack or less, I have also used dome shaped metal screens and both methods work, they really help with air flow and vapor production, but I might exhaust the vapor in just a single or two 15 minute 220C sessions.

cycleb

The tube is just inner-diameter-1/2 inch silicone tubing I had hanging around. Yes, I like a little distance from stem to mouth. Whether it cools it, I don't know. I do have a bubbler that mates with it for smoother hits.
Great idea. I think the tubing will plug into my water piece, too. Thanks, ordered some tubing to try it out. ;-)

cycleb,

cannabis.pro

aka 420EDC
Accessory Maker
"Due to the popularity of our portable products in regions with cold climates, we have switched the ArGo / Air II battery to one that can perform much more reliably at temperatures below freezing. Rest assured the new batteries are even higher quality, with higher mAh, better overall capacity, longer life, and greatly improved performance in cold temperatures." from Arizer Support.

The new specification is the Samsung 35E, just wanted to pass this along as the spec given further up this page was for the old Panasonic NCR18650B cell.

KidFated.

Unknown Member
"Due to the popularity of our portable products in regions with cold climates, we have switched the ArGo / Air II battery to one that can perform much more reliably at temperatures below freezing. Rest assured the new batteries are even higher quality, with higher mAh, better overall capacity, longer life, and greatly improved performance in cold temperatures." from Arizer Support.

The new specification is the Samsung 35E, just wanted to pass this along as the spec given further up this page was for the old Panasonic NCR18650B cell.
The real test for me is when it’s below zero. Twenties and thirties are no big deal for the solo or air in my experience.

Top Bottom