Arizer Air to Flowermate Mini Pro

Shrinks

Enjoy Responsibly
I'm going to keep this condensed for simplicity, but long story short, I'm giving my brother my Arizer Air and in turn I'm looking for a new portable vaporizer that suits my needs. As someone who lives very close to the mountains and loves to hike/do other outdoor activities, I want to keep the fussing around to an absolute minimum. I feel the convenience of the Flowermate (size, all-in-one [no carrying glass in your pocket], carrying preloaded herbal pods vs preloaded stems etc) far outweigh the Air in terms of portability and fast, on-the-go use. Of course, I'm asking here to see if it'd be worth keeping my Air or getting a completely different vape.

I have no problems with the Air as a unit itself. I find it perfectly fine if you want to take it with you and bring it to a friend's house or fuddle around with it in the car, but if I'm snowshoeing or out in the cold, snowy weather I don't have time to fuss around packing a new stem (the bowl is small too). Again, great unit, but not for my particular portable needs. So I'm really just looking for a unit that's great in outdoor situations, weather, and the best portable/convenient experience one could get. Especially if I'm biking or snowboarding, a quick hit and throwing it into my pocket would be great.

How is the battery life of the FM Mini Pro in comparison to it's older, bulkier counterpart as far as battery life and airflow? And how would you compare the airflow from the FM Mini Pro to the Air? Finally, how well is the smell concealed in a prepacked Flowermate in the pocket?

The new X series has me contemplating if I want to go with those, but the Pro is my main model choice.

Thanks in advance

Shrinks,

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
You'll be hard pressed to top the ease of use and carrying I experience with the VapCap while hiking. (The contact lens holder contains two different pre-ground strains... )

6RxMldN.jpg

Shrinks

Enjoy Responsibly
You'll be hard pressed to top the ease of use and carrying I experience with the VapCap while hiking. (The contact lens holder contains two different pre-ground strains... )

I've actually been considering a Vapcap as a secondary portable due to how intrigued I am by the simplicity and without the need for batteries. It's perfect for one of those situations where you're not around electronics but you have a lighter with you. But isn't it more like a one-hitter than a session vape? I've also heard problems about the glass cracking due to overheating passed the one clicking sound, and with someone who has hearing problems like I I know I'll miss that haha.

Shrinks,
Reactions: DDave

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
I've actually been considering a Vapcap as a secondary portable due to how intrigued I am by the simplicity and without the need for batteries. It's perfect for one of those situations where you're not around electronics but you have a lighter with you. But isn't it more like a one-hitter than a session vape? I've also heard problems about the glass cracking due to overheating passed the one clicking sound, and with someone who has hearing problems like I I know I'll miss that haha.
At least for now, the amazing VapCap has replaced most of my arsenal. It is true, this device does have a smaller oven, but the effects you get from the quantity you put in are impressive.

Reloading: If you need to reload a hot VapCap, you'll be best off with one of their DynaStash cases... or an altoids container with a magnet...something to handle the hot cap. It cools in less than a minute to very holdable temperature, but some want to reload right away. Regardless, after you uncap and rid the oven of the spent herb, you can vacuum up another oven load, recap and reheat.

If you're worried about glass, you can go Ti or Woody.

And not sure if it will remain so, but I can feel the click while heating. Gives a decent snap.

Honestly, it's simplicity that works at it's finest.

DDave,
Reactions: Squiby

Shrinks

Enjoy Responsibly
I checked the price of the Vapcap and I'm immediately picking it up next paycheck. No idea why I haven't done so before. I checked out the Dynastash and it's great and all, but honestly I could get away with getting a cheap dugout box and rigging a magnet on it myself for a little more than half the price.

Edit: I am still interested in an electronic device, however. Only situations I see myself where I won't have time repacking is due to weather and certain activities (i.e snowboarding/mountain biking etc). But thank you DDave for the Vapcap recommendation!

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Two things: the Mini Pro battery is so far the worst in terms of capacity in the entire FlowerMate range. If you prefer a single cell version rather than a two cells one for some reason (apart from smaller size and USB charging I don't see any) then I would advise you to get the Mini S instead. It has a standard 18650 cell of better capacity.

Secondly the capsule system is honestly not very good for dry herbs, it's better suited for various kinds of concentrates. It will work but you need to crank the temperature higher, it will be less efficient and slower (the metal capsules do rob power and add inertia/lag)

I own nearly their entire range, having done beta-testing for them, and my preferred model is the FM5-Pro, and in second place the FM5-S. They have very good battery life and are solidly built. Good vapor production, as far as conduction goes of course...

Last edited:

Baron23

I have a Flowermate Pro and it works very well. However, I would suggest you look into the Boundless CFX as a possible improvement over the existing Flowermate line (this is going just by reports...I don't have a CFX and may skip it for the new CFV after its matured a bit).

By the by, its my understanding (without any first hand knowledge, mind you) that Flowermate and Boundless are two different companies but they seem to collaborate together and with the same Chinese manufacturer, Smiss I think they are called.

Cheers

Baron23,

Shrinks

Enjoy Responsibly
Two things: the Mini Pro battery is so far the worst in terms of capacity in the entire FlowerMate range. If you prefer a single cell version rather than a two cells one for some reason (apart from smaller size and USB charging I don't see any) then I would advise you to get the Mini S instead. It has a standard 18650 cell of better capacity.

Secondly the capsule system is honestly not very good for dry herbs, it's better suited for various kinds of concentrates. It will work but you need to crank the temperature higher, it will be less efficient and slower (the metal capsules do rob power and add inertia/lag)

I own nearly their entire range, having done beta-testing for them, and my preferred model is the FM5-Pro, and in second place the FM5-S. They have very good battery life and are solidly built. Good vapor production, as far as conduction goes of course...

How worse is worst? In comparison to it's Mini S counterpart and the FM5 Pro. I'm still tossed up about getting the bulkier size but with double the battery capacity, whereas Mini Pro is about size and to a lesser extent, USB charging which probably wouldnt do much for my type of technology usage. I've seen in the few scarce videos of the Mini Pro that the bottom of the unit allows controlled air flow by opening it or closing it. Does it make that much of an improvement over the original?

As for the capsules, efficiency isn't largely important to me when I'm out and about. Do they work for the OG Pro as well? For some reason I feel the chambers might be different. Thanks for your two cents though, I'll definitely reconsider the FM Pro. But I would like to ask, what's your feelings on the Mini X? It has the temp range I want so the digital display isn't largely important, but battery life and airflow mostly.

I have a Flowermate Pro and it works very well. However, I would suggest you look into the Boundless CFX as a possible improvement over the existing Flowermate line (this is going just by reports...I don't have a CFX and may skip it for the new CFV after its matured a bit).

I actually just looked into this this morning, I'll still need to do a bit more research though. Thanks for the recommendation!

Shrinks,

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
I forgot the exact values but I think the Mini Pro is around 1750mAh, the Mini S is 2200mAh and the the 5/5-S/5-Pro are 2x 2200mAh in series (so not exactly double capacity in practice but not far)

The Mini Pro only lasts for 2.5 bowls, but it charges quick. We hoped the Mini X would have a full 18650 cell like the Mini S but someone reported that it has the same battery as the Mini Pro.

The FM5 is not very bulky, it feels good in the hand and it's pocketable. It's about the size of a USB hard drive to give you a comparison.

The air flow control on the Mini Pro doesn't make a real difference and I've heard that the new FM5S/Pro versions also have this "isolated airpath" as they call it.

I don't use the capsules at all but I think they should work in the FM5-Pro too. Same size bowls in all AFAIK.

OF

Good advice from KZ, as usual. I suggest considering what he says carefully. The herb carts are lame, this is a conduction vape, adding gaps and SS (poor heat conductor for a metal) only slows that down even more. And the battery really is 'short lived'. If you fire it up, take a few hits and shut it down you won't finish two loads most likely. You can carry a 'USB Power Bank' for a quick recharge of course.

I too have several models, the Mini Pro gets the least use......except for the V3 pf course.

Also worth considering Aura. Same basic thing, same maker, in a different format. Full size battery, very easy to use. Mine sees lots of use, so much so I have a brand new spare as backup. A bit cheaper, too. When PIU had a deal on them a while ago (sixty something dollars IIRC), it didn't take me long to jump on it........again. Since I have a 'new in box' backup, this one will no doubt soldier on and on.

Anyway, KZ is wise and telling it true.

OF

OF,
Reactions: KeroZen

hillbill

The long lasting power of the 5.0s is worth the extra bulk and the original mini is the strongest mini. I use the tanks now a good part of the time and do pack them firmly. It takes just a little more juice but not much. Very handy and the 5.0s has all the reserve power you will need. I have 3 flowermates and 10 tanks. Packing one with Space Monkey right now.

Top Bottom