Argo Replacement

km1og

HI all,

Currently running the mighty for sessions and ARGO when going out for a walk.
I am curious if there is a portable on demand vape that could replace the Argo.

I thought about the firefly 2+ and do not like the idea of having to stir the bowl.
Also thought about the TM and P80 however I do not want to deal with long wait times and import fees.

Is there any vape on the market that can replace my argo and give me a quality on demand vape experience
while being compact and discreet while out and about ?

km1og,

GoldenBud

Mistvape Imp / Dreamwood glow with P80 mod or so, it won't be the smallest vape, but portable
you may skip the stirring if you rotate the stem from time to time

km1og

Mistvape Imp / Dreamwood glow with P80 mod or so, it won't be the smallest vape, but portable
you may skip the stirring if you rotate the stem from time to time

Decent options.
Anything without a mod that you can think of as well ?

km1og,

Vaporware

To me the best fit for this is a Nomad, but they’re rarely re-sold and the waiting list is long.

The Impcognito with a side-by-side mod would probably work very well too, and a TM might be my third choice. I haven’t used them, but they are all capable vaporizers and what I would consider pocketable, but a Nomad with a wooden stem is probably the best form factor and most durable of the on-demand convection with glass/wood stems.

The Timber Elite and Li’l bud might also be worth a look, although the Timber is a bit long.

I see letter never sent just suggested the Firewood 7, and I was also going to mention that as a likely good option even though it’s heater is primarily conduction. It still seems to be good for on-demand use, and it’s probably one of the best form factors of the bunch for this purpose.

I believe the P80 (along with everything RBT and some others) use glass on glass connections for the stems, and that’s worrying to me, especially for walking around outside, etc.

There are some other reasonably good options in the cheaper massed produced range if you don’t mind plastic, silicon, etc. but I’ll leave others to make those recommendations. There is a bundle of 2 for $100 in the classifieds though, if you’re interested.

Edit: It looks like only the Vleaf Go might be the only convection out of the two, but in case you’re interested:https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/flowermate-cap-vleaf-go.50252/

Last edited:

km1og

I see letter never sent just suggested the Firewood 7, and I was also going to mention that as a likely good option even though it’s heater is primarily conduction. It still seems to be good for on-demand use, and it’s probably one of the best form factors of the bunch for this purpose.

Thank you for putting on to the Firewood 7 .. I checked out some reviews and it looks like an exact fit for my needs.
I see they are currently sold out so I'll keep an eye out for when they are back in stock.

jardri

Vapor Dreams
If you feel lucky you can try the Hopper IO. People say its a beast but customer service can be a real PITA

jardri,

km1og

Does it have to be convection? Flowermate cap would be a great walking companion.
i looked at it and the more i think about it the crafty plus seems to be a great option only because i have 3 million caps already and am very used to cleaning the cooling unit.

km1og,

Vaporware

Some people love the Crafty+ and it’s not a bad option, but I have seen a number of people go from a Crafty to some of these other options and few if any going to the Crafty from the others... :shrug:

Personally I don’t love the materials S&B uses, and their aesthetic sensibilities are...also not mine. :lol:

Those aren’t my only issues, but the Crafty+ is probably at least a decent option and there are some advantages to buying from a big company too, so while it wouldn’t be my choice you may be happy with it.

Vaporware,

km1og

Some people love the Crafty+ and it’s not a bad option, but I have seen a number of people go from a Crafty to some of these other options and few if any going to the Crafty from the others... :shrug:

Personally I don’t love the materials S&B uses, and their aesthetic sensibilities are...also not mine. :lol:

Those aren’t my only issues, but the Crafty+ is probably at least a decent option and there are some advantages to buying from a big company too, so while it wouldn’t be my choice you may be happy with it.

i think it’s just fear of the unknown. I know precisely what i am getting from the crafty, mighty or volcano. i thought long and hard about your firewood 7 option but the more i considered the cost, customer service , ease of use, return process and community size the more it makes sense to go with something well known for my own peace of mind.

km1og,

Vaporware

Yeah, that is where S&B has the advantage, although I’ve heard almost all good reports here about Marc (Firewood) and most of the other small shops.

Personally I trust them too and I think a lot of them go to greater lengths to make a customer happy than the big companies do, but I get it. There’s always a chance a small company will go under, etc. and S&B is more certain to be there to honor the warranty.

All I can say is I’ve bought vaporizers from big companies and small, and so far the ones from small companies or individuals who are pushing the technology forward or creating amazing pieces of art are the ones I end up liking the most and using most of the time.

If different things appeal to you or you have different priorities though, I don’t think the Crafty+ is a bad choice. Good luck with it. :)

Majordude2626

HI all,

Currently running the mighty for sessions and ARGO when going out for a walk.
I am curious if there is a portable on demand vape that could replace the Argo.

I thought about the firefly 2+ and do not like the idea of having to stir the bowl.
Also thought about the TM and P80 however I do not want to deal with long wait times and import fees.

Is there any vape on the market that can replace my argo and give me a quality on demand vape experience
while being compact and discreet while out and about ?
Can you tell me why you are replacing the ARGO. Its the one vape I've been intrigued with, but don't really have a need. Some say it doesn't cook bowl well enough, but damn, I've always liked it. Be interested in your thoughts.

Majordude2626,

km1og

Can you tell me why you are replacing the ARGO. Its the one vape I've been intrigued with, but don't really have a need. Some say it doesn't cook bowl well enough, but damn, I've always liked it. Be interested in your thoughts.

I love the Argo but with cold ass winter on the way I want something that can clear a bowl much quicker. I would like to get toasty quickly and get my hands back in my pockets and face covering on so my lips don't freeze and fall off. As much as I love the Argo it takes to long to cook a bowl.

Top Bottom