Are Vapcaps really safe?

dtrdrk

Hey there,
im getting more and more concerned about my vapcaps. I have a Simrell, the Omni and the Revolve. They all behave the same. I load them with nothing. I heat with an induction heater. I blow instead of pulling. Big cloud of something coming out of the device. On all of them. What is this? They are all clean. And I still get a cloud with no material loaded. No moisture inside either. This is scary :(

dtrdrk,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Imo they are only healthy when they are clean and they get dirty,way too quickly to bother with it.. There is a lot of polymerized oils outside the tip (where temps are combustion level and carbonised matter at the bottom of the cap,which is another evidence of it. Solution is to keep your vapcaps as clean as possible, you can try iso and baking soda mixture to rub of the impurities.
The clouds you are getting are probably resin accumulated under the screen or combusted polymerized oils.

cptofnthng

@Abysmal Vapor, man thats quite informative. Ive always asked myself why its so smelly so fast and its also almost Impossible to clean it back to zero. The almost combusting smell always lingers. Nothing to keep in your Pocket for long. While the tafee bowle fe almost doesnt smell, i can keep it on my night stand. Which obviously might be controversial to do.

A good solution i think is too use a different vape :)

And induction heaters should also keep it cleaner in theory?

happynomoretobacco

Imo they are only healthy when they are clean and they get dirty,way too quickly to bother with it.. There is a lot of polymerized oils outside the tip (where temps are combustion level and carbonised matter at the bottom of the cap,which is another evidence of it. Solution is to keep your vapcaps as clean as possible, you can try iso and baking soda mixture to rub of the impurities.
The clouds you are getting are probably resin accumulated under the screen or combusted polymerized oils.
I have this same problem at my smono3 (like Fury)
I heard iso through the oven and airpath should help?

happynomoretobacco,

Abysmal Vapor

And induction heaters should also keep it cleaner in theory?
Actually,IH has another downside,when you pick your DV up from the induction heater, the pasive airflow makes vapor escape backwards,and makes polymerization even worse. Same happens if you drop in a WP. Yeah i agree on using another vape is better solution. Vapman and Vaponic oesnt have that issue.
@happynomoretobacco Well you could try that,but i doubt it can be cleaned completely ,cause sometimes alcohol is not enough,u need mechanical abrasion. It is probably why they added ECA technology to their later PRO model.
A friend of mine has the same issue with his Lynx Eden. It was awesome vape in the beggining and then the residue on the heater started combusting and clogging the screen making first unpleasant to use then impossible. Alo something similar happend to my FOG from x-max.
Bottom line dont buy vapes which are hard/impossible to clean and expect them to have a long run.

Last edited:

happynomoretobacco

Actually,IH has another downside,when you pick your DV up from the induction heater, the pasive airflow makes vapor escape backwards,and makes polymerization even worse. Same happens if you drop in a WP. Yeah i agree on using another vape is better solution. Vapman and Vaponic oesnt have that issue.
@happynomoretobacco Well you could try that,but i doubt it can be cleaned completely ,cause sometimes alcohol is not enough,u need mechanical abrasion. It is probably why they added ECA technology to their later PRO model.
A friend of mine has the same issue with his Lynx Eden. It was awesome vape in the beggining and then the residue on the heater started combusting and clogging the screen making first unpleasant to use then impossible. Alo something similar happend to my FOG from x-max.
Bottom line dont buy vapes which are hard/impossible to clean and expect them to have a long run.
Wow you are quick
I will give it a try - i own the smono now more than two years and used it a lot. So i expected dead battery since some time. And i never uses a screen to keep it clean so its ok to get old and dirty like the owner. :rockon:
I owned a fenix pro and liked it but after the third replace unit the guys from VapeFully.com exchanged it to a Ih and a vapcap.

Green Kiwi

Thank you for posting this, I thought I was just a clean clean ,clean freak, but no I read why.;; thank you @Abysmal Vapor , I now know why I only have true love for clean DV caps AND at least as important Tips.
Stainless Tips stay clean longer imho:sherlock::science:.
say 5 sessions.versus 2 max 3 for the TI tip.:2c:.

VapeEscapist

Medicine Buddha
As a dabbing method, VapCap, DynaCoil, SS Tip, IH, with a glass or steel water adapter stem, is super easy to keep clean and an awesome reliable rig.

The times I've used flower to any degree though, the residue is markedly tougher to clean up.

Recently I brought out a 2020 M SS tip that I had used for flower and started using it for dabs, and after one dab it was apparent I needed to clean the whole thing.

IsaacHayes

Salty Balls™ Authorized distributor
I blow instead of pulling. Big cloud of something coming out of the device.
The moisture of your breath that meets the hot metal?
Try in the same configuration to inhale instead of exhale and see if any cloud comes out.

IsaacHayes,
Reactions: Vaporware

Abysmal Vapor

The moisture of your breath that meets the hot metal?
Try in the same configuration to inhale instead of exhale and see if any cloud comes out.
Try torching the cap or the tip alone and just wave it in the air,no need to blow.. 200% it is not the moisture of your breath.

Abysmal Vapor,
Reactions: Planck

IsaacHayes

Salty Balls™ Authorized distributor
Try torching the cap or the tip alone and just wave it in the air,no need to blow.. 200% it is not the moisture of your breath.
I have no doubt there are oil residues that are difficult to clean, and they burn because of the torch. But he wrote about a "big cloud," which I think originated in moisture from his breath, as he blew inward.
It's worth trying what you offer a few times, until it's unlikely there are any leftovers, and then see if any smoke / fumes come out.

tgvp

I used to have the same issue until I started to clean it more often the tip, cap a screen as those seems to be parts that get dirty quickly (condenser too, but less often). On a regular basis, just qtip it with some iso and let it dry (or heat it for faster evaporation). Then from time to time give it a more lengthy soaking session in iso then scrub it hard on every asperity (not sure of the word, on every part where resin could accumulate) and you shouldn't get those "empty vap" clouds anymore. The hardest part to keep clean is the DynaCoil... I try to keep it clean by putting it in on of those small hermetic tubes I used to carry pre-rolled joints, adding some iso (like 1/3 of the tube) and shake it as hard as possible in order to help separate by mechanical pressure. But even then I can't get it completely clean....

tgvp,

GoldenBud

+1,000,000
you want a clean vapcap hit? brush your Tip with a toothbrush + toothpaste every few days, for like a minute or more, then rinse it well. it's really an healthy vape when it's in clean condition (also the Cap needs some cleaning every few days or so but the tip is much important in this case) .

**The original tip is to brush it for FIVE minutes, with an electric toothbrush.. well.. if you clean your tip every few days I don't think it needs 5 minutes tho

I think because the SS tip weigh 2x more of the Ti tip, it tends to gain more polymerized oils from the outside. can't prove it now tho or so, but I feel less the need to clean my Ti tip. but still do. the taste is much better this way

Last edited:

Vapetothegrave

Vape2thegrave
Company Rep
I think because the SS tip weigh 2x more of the Ti tip, it tends to gain more polymerized oils from the outside. can't prove it now tho or so, but I feel less the need to clean my Ti tip. but still do. the taste is much better this way
Not sure the reason - but I have observed this as well. My 21m SS tip blackens far quicker than my 5 fin ti tip. I clean my caps once a week and I find this sufficient to keep them in good working order.

GoldenBud

Not sure the reason - but I have observed this as well. My 21m SS tip blackens far quicker than my 5 fin ti tip. I clean my caps once a week and I find this sufficient to keep them in good working order.
got it just now as you replied and it made me re-think it. Ti gets to the temp quicker and loses its heat sooner.. less heat.. less "trash" on the outside.. less time for it to get polymerized (i think!)

hinglemccringleberry

I heat with an induction heater. I blow instead of pulling. Big cloud of something coming out of the device. On all of them. What is this? They are all clean. And I still get a cloud with no material loaded. No moisture inside either. This is scary :(
This has never happened to me on my titanium DV that I've had for 5 years.

Last edited:

Farid

How you go about cleaning makes a big difference. I see my friend's vapcaps and they're filthy because they don't clean thoroughly.

I use q-tips and iso, and scrub until they come back white. Then once clean I avoid touching the end of the tips to keep my finger oils off.

Also I make sure to empty the vaped bud as soon as I'm done vaping, since that helps keep things clean.

I'm also a clean freak, and the fact that you can scrub every corner of the vapcap is essential to me. I've stopped using other vapes because they have nooks and crannies that are difficult to reach. Of course glass stem vapes are king when it comes to cleaning, but they have other downsides.

Corvoed

Cannabis Crusader
This thread had me interested, so I did a full dry heat cycle with my dyna through my IH and....... Nothing. Even tried to take a puff to see if I could get anything. Mmmm.... Dry hot air! But still nothing visible.

Now, I don't let my caps/tips get filthy, but I certainly don't clean them pristine every day. So I wonder why I'm having such a different experience with it. I'm not complaining, because I don't want residual vapor lol, but still curious as to why

GoldenBud

Now, I don't let my caps/tips get filthy, but I certainly don't clean them pristine every day. So I wonder why I'm having such a different experience with it. I'm not complaining, because I don't want residual vapor lol, but still curious as to why
how often do you brush your tip?

GoldenBud,

Corvoed

Cannabis Crusader
how often do you brush your tip?
Generally I only brush it if I forget to dump out my bowl when it's still warm. If I forget to do that, then I'll have some remnants that I have to brush out.

But usually I don't really brush my tip often at all, I just use a de-bowling tool to empty my bowl when it's warm, and then a quick gust of air into the tip (had to refrain from saying "blow the tip") to get all the loose stuff out. I clean my dyna with iso about maybe twice a month

Farid

^this is key. Emptying when hot, then a quick burst of air stops those little bits from accumulating under the CCD. If you're really anal about it, a little bit of cotton or a tighter mesh screen over the CCD could possibly help.

I should also add that I don't pack tight, I pack loose, which makes dislodging the vaped bud easier.

Corvoed

Cannabis Crusader
^this is key. Emptying when hot, then a quick burst of air stops those little bits from accumulating under the CCD. If you're really anal about it, a little bit of cotton or a tighter mesh screen over the CCD could possibly help.

I should also add that I don't pack tight, I pack loose, which makes dislodging the vaped bud easier.
I also don't pack tight. I just give it a slight tamp to make sure everything is at least touching and getting to know each other

GoldenBud

ok that may explain why my CCD last so little time. I stopped using CCD, using Alan's screen. it also makes the bowl smaller without the need for half screen placing. but I always forget to unload the bowl, interesting why :hmm: :lol:

PS: Also it depends how clumsy you are as a bowl loader. like, if the weed spills on the tip from the outside... it will get polymerized more often or so

GoldenBud,
Reactions: Farid
Top Bottom