Apollo 2 induction heater mod question

simba

@weedanwine
I tried to find an existing Apollo 2 thread but couldn't find one, so made this thread.

I bought an Apollo 2 over a year ago, and after a short while of using it the internal button stopped working properly. I got it exchanged from Vaposhop after a lengthy wait and far too many emails for my liking. Now the same fault has developed, and I'm interested to know how many other Apollo 2 owners have experienced the same thing?

I don't want to deal with Vaposhop again tbh, so thinking I could replace the button myself. Has anyone else tried this? Or modded the Apollo 2 with a different kind of button?

simba,
  • Sad
Reactions: RobbIt

DarkBidding

Same question really. Have a brand new Dynatec Apollo 2 (plug-in, not Rover) that I bought from Dynavap a while ago and just haven’t used it yet. Probably out of warranty already honestly. I’d like to start using it, but I’ve heard many reports of the switch eventually failing and also about the switch constantly denting the newer Dynavap captive caps. I’d like to just preemptively remove the chamber switch, maybe add a couple silicone spacers at the bottom if needed, and add in a different, case-mounted push button switch to activate the coil. Is this as simple as desoldering the internally mounted chamber switch and soldering in two wires to a new momentary push button switch that I could mount in a hole drilled into the case? Also wondering about wire gauge if this would work. Any insight or advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Edit: Maybe @TommyDee or someone else with some expert knowledge of IH electronics & circuitry could weigh in? Thanks.

Last edited:
DarkBidding,
Top Bottom