Anything Better than the VapeXhale ?

Scenebiscuit

Good day,

I've had my VapeXhale for a little over 3 years now and it just stopped working (no drops, falls, etc.) so working with support on repair information. However, I would also like to explore new options/better devices if that exists yet.

Some history; I got the VapeXhale to upgrade from the Volcano classic. I have a bunch of pretty good glass, but I am getting old and need to vape rather than smoke, but I do enjoy the water filtration. I have a PAX 3 with all the upgrade screens/lid/mouthpiece and it's OK, not great. I have the old Arizer Air and I think it's better than the upgraded PAX 3. I mostly vape dry herb but I do occasionally do concentrate, but herb is the primary here.

Any suggestions on an improvement for the VapeXhale? Looking for a desktop vape that produces great flavor, heavy hitting clouds, and is efficient; all qualities the VapeXhale possesses. Or should I just repair my device and stop chasing dragons? : )

Scenebiscuit,

Vaporware

If you want to make use of your glass, a NewVape FlowerPot is a great option. The VRod version is best if you want to use concentrates on a dish with it, otherwise whichever version you want will be great.

I don’t have an Evo so I can’t compare the flavor...I’m guessing since the FP has a Titanium heater in the air path the Evo might edge it out in flavor, but I think the FP’s flavor is very good as with most convection heated devices.

I hear the Evo can hit pretty hard, but I don’t think it can match the FlowerPot if you want raw power and fast extraction.

There’s other great stuff out there too, and getting your Evo fixed isn’t a bad idea, but if you’re ready to try a new desktop and you want to use your glass in a similar way to What you’re used to (load the bowl on the glass then apply heat above it), the FP’s my top recommendation. :)

Scenebiscuit

Nice, thanks for the suggestions. I had been looking at the FP and decided to go for it. But I didn't like the price tag of the bundle so did some research and got what I need for around 250-ish.

Went to Auber Instruments direct bc they make better controllers and also make new vapes, the hot runner coil heater 2nd gen. Around 110 for the Controller + 20mm coil. Then got just the flowerpot head and the glass bowl attachment, for another 110 ish. Will use a ceramic mug for now until I forget about the money I spent and buy a stand. For new vapes stupid handle, I am going to use two dowel rods and some p-chord to make a handle.

Summer

Long Island, NY
I think you'll really be satisfied with the New Vape Showerhead or Vrod. & you can still repair your VXH & have the best of both worlds.

3 great log vapes: Ed's Woodscents, E-nano, Underdog. And RBT is going to come out with the Driftwood hopefully this year or the beginning of next. It's in the desktop vaporizer forum under upcoming vapes.

Anyway, @Scenebiscuit, welcome to FC! Do you know that there's a New FC as well as this OG FC? Be sure to register on the NFC, too. These links will get you up to speed with what's going on with the Community. We are a little in limbo right now.

Here's the links to the threads:

https://newfuckcombustion.com/index...c-how-we-got-here-and-where-we-hope-to-go.37/

https://newfuckcombustion.com/index...-where-were-going-but-were-working-on-it.302/

https://newfuckcombustion.com/index...-if-you-have-problems-trying-to-register.125/

You might want to introduce yourself on the NFC. There's also an introduction thread here on FC, but better to introduce yourself over there 1st.

https://newfuckcombustion.com/index.php?threads/welcome-to-newfc-tell-us-about-yourself-here.76/

Last edited:

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
Nice, thanks for the suggestions. I had been looking at the FP and decided to go for it. But I didn't like the price tag of the bundle so did some research and got what I need for around 250-ish.

Went to Auber Instruments direct bc they make better controllers and also make new vapes, the hot runner coil heater 2nd gen. Around 110 for the Controller + 20mm coil. Then got just the flowerpot head and the glass bowl attachment, for another 110 ish. Will use a ceramic mug for now until I forget about the money I spent and buy a stand. For new vapes stupid handle, I am going to use two dowel rods and some p-chord to make a handle.
Did you purchase the VRod? If so, the standard Auber 20mm coil will not fit properly, you will need to get the coil from NewVape.

YaMon,

Magic9

Plant Enthusiast
Looking for a desktop vape that produces great flavor, heavy hitting clouds, and is efficient; all qualities the VapeXhale possesses.

Just out of curiosity, how was the Evo better than the Volcano? Was it just water filtration? And a log is needed in every arsenal I believe.

Magic9,

Scenebiscuit

Just out of curiosity, how was the Evo better than the Volcano? Was it just water filtration? And a log is needed in every arsenal I believe.

It's way more efficient, way smoother, and get's you way higher. Also the taste is not even comparable, volcano tastes like plastic/ABV. The VPX is definitely not a party device and it's not super easy to load/use like the Volcano, but it's a wayyy better device.

Scenebiscuit,
Reactions: Magic9

Scenebiscuit

Did you purchase the VRod? If so, the standard Auber 20mm coil will not fit properly, you will need to get the coil from NewVape.

I went with the FP since it was bit cheaper and I can always just get another coil for the controller to do dabs in my quartz bucket. I will report back on how the setup works when it gets here.

Scenebiscuit,

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
I went with the FP since it was bit cheaper and I can always just get another coil for the controller to do dabs in my quartz bucket. I will report back on how the setup works when it gets here.
Do you mean the FlowerPot ShowerHead? They have the ShowerHead, WeedEater and VRod models of FlowerPot.

YaMon,

Vaporware

Are you sure? I haven’t kept up with the FP thread lately but the 20mm coil I got from NewVape with my Auber controller (which I thought was their standard 20mm coil?) works great, it’s just slightly shorter so it’s a little bit loose if you don’t spread the coil at all.

Does Auber sell a very different size normally?

Vaporware,

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
I think you'll really be satisfied with the New Vape Showerhead or Vrod. & you can still repair your VXH & have the best of both worlds.

3 great log vapes: Ed's Woodscents, E-nano, Underdog. And RBT is going to come out with the Driftwood hopefully this year or the beginning of next. It's in the desktop vaporizer forum under upcoming vapes.

Anyway, @Scenebiscuit, welcome to FC! Do you know that there's a New FC as well as this OG FC? Be sure to register on the NFC, too. These links will get you up to speed with what's going on with the Community. We are a little in limbo right now.

Here's the links to the threads:

https://newfuckcombustion.com/index...c-how-we-got-here-and-where-we-hope-to-go.37/

https://newfuckcombustion.com/index...-where-were-going-but-were-working-on-it.302/

https://newfuckcombustion.com/index...-if-you-have-problems-trying-to-register.125/

You might want to introduce yourself on the NFC. There's also an introduction thread here on FC, but better to introduce yourself over there 1st.

https://newfuckcombustion.com/index.php?threads/welcome-to-newfc-tell-us-about-yourself-here.76/

Is there a reason why you never mention my products?
Did I wrong you somehow?

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
Are you sure? I haven’t kept up with the FP thread lately but the 20mm coil I got from NewVape with my Auber controller (which I thought was their standard 20mm coil?) works great, it’s just slightly shorter so it’s a little bit loose if you don’t spread the coil at all.

Does Auber sell a very different size normally?
If it is the any FlowerPot it needs to me a 20mm OD and 16mm ID coil with 4-5 wraps. The wrap direction for the ShowerHead and WeedEater do I not matter, however the VRod required those coil wraps be in a specific direction as the head is machined to fit tightly to the coil. Tagging @NewVape710 @newvape918 to ensure I have this 100% accurate.

YaMon,
Reactions: Summer

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
You do deserve more recognition. I never mention you because I thought there was a long wait list for a HI.

The waiting list is for custom units only. If they didn't work so well, I wouldn't have such a long list. Many people just get right back on the list, so it will be tough to eliminate it completely. There is no cost to get on the list, so why not. You can always defer to a later time of your choosing when I get to your name.
There is no waiting list for my roasting tubes. They can be ordered anytime and work in many different vaporizers.
I do have square HI's currently available for $100, which is a great value. I also have custom HI's available on occasion when a customer backs out of the order at the last minute. Hopefully I won't have to start requesting a deposit for custom orders when I reach someones name on the list. I prefer to complete the work before requesting any payment.

Baron23

Good day,

I've had my VapeXhale for a little over 3 years now and it just stopped working (no drops, falls, etc.) so working with support on repair information. However, I would also like to explore new options/better devices if that exists yet.

Some history; I got the VapeXhale to upgrade from the Volcano classic. I have a bunch of pretty good glass, but I am getting old and need to vape rather than smoke, but I do enjoy the water filtration. I have a PAX 3 with all the upgrade screens/lid/mouthpiece and it's OK, not great. I have the old Arizer Air and I think it's better than the upgraded PAX 3. I mostly vape dry herb but I do occasionally do concentrate, but herb is the primary here.

Any suggestions on an improvement for the VapeXhale? Looking for a desktop vape that produces great flavor, heavy hitting clouds, and is efficient; all qualities the VapeXhale possesses. Or should I just repair my device and stop chasing dragons? : )
I have a lot of vapes but my EVO is still used the most. It’s a great vape and IMO nothing particularly startling or innovative has come out in the past 3 years to displace it from that top shelf position.

Vaporware

If it is the any FlowerPot it needs to me a 20mm OD and 16mm ID coil with 4-5 wraps. The wrap direction for the ShowerHead and WeedEater do I not matter, however the VRod required those coil wraps be in a specific direction as the head is machined to fit tightly to the coil. Tagging @NewVape710 @newvape918 to ensure I have this 100% accurate.

I believe the VRod and WeedEater have the same requirements since the bottom half is interchangeable, but yes the ShowerHead works with a wider range of coils.

I just thought that the coils NewVape sells with their Auber controllers were the same ones that Auber sold. Mine (which came from NewVape) is slightly shorter than NewVape’s other coils so it’s a little loose in the VRod since I haven’t stretched the coil, but otherwise it fits fine.

It is important to be aware of the specs if you buy other coils though. :)

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
I believe the VRod and WeedEater have the same requirements since the bottom half is interchangeable, but yes the ShowerHead works with a wider range of coils.

I just thought that the coils NewVape sells with their Auber controllers were the same ones that Auber sold. Mine (which came from NewVape) is slightly shorter than NewVape’s other coils so it’s a little loose in the VRod since I haven’t stretched the coil, but otherwise it fits fine.

It is important to be aware of the specs if you buy other coils though. :)
I own both the ShowerHead and the Weedeater, but not the VRod. I am 99% sure the machine parts that fit the coil so tightly and are direction specific are in the nut or top of the VRod head. As you correctly state the Weedeater merely requires a 20mm OD (16mm ID) coil with 4+ wraps.

YaMon,
Reactions: Summer

audiodelic

... Boom Shiva !
I have a lot of vapes but my EVO is still used the most. It’s a great vape and IMO nothing particularly startling or innovative has come out in the past 3 years to displace it from that top shelf position.

I have flowerpot / volcano hybrid , both probably hit harder than the evo in term of mimicking a bong hit.
But if you want pure consistent accurate temperature specific vapour especially low temperature flavor chasers or high temperature taste chaser, the EVO is king and Ghost MV1 in a portable sort of gets close to the evo in a smaller overall effect. Its also the ritual of using water filtration.

I have a Evo on my table, one kept in the cupboard as backup. This is my 3rd evo and 4th unit in backup.

Top Bottom