anyone use linux?

vaporonly

living in a van down by the river
Hi, just wondering how many of us FCers use linux, and if you do, what distro?

I've been using linux as my main OS since 07, dabbled before that. Maybe it's because I'm the 'tech' guy of my family and friends and have seen first hand how messed up a windows computer can get...

the distro i use depends on the computer, linux mint for my desktop and more powerful laptops, and Bohdi linux for my netbook.

I've tested a fair amount of the distros too.

I also really like Slitaz linux as well as Puppy linux.

Most distros can be made into a LiveCD or LiveUSB stick so you can test them on your computer first without altering your current OS.

Consider this an open thread to post linux questions too:science:

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
I use linux on a regular basis for development work. I don't really use it as a daily OS for personal tasks. I game a lot and graphics drivers and games for linux really aren't there yet.

I use Raspbian and Arch Linux for various ARM powered devices, and use CentOS on my webservers.

CentiZen,
Reactions: vaporonly

wallpaper

The only restraint keeping me from being a full time Linux user is Adobes lack of support on the platform. It's unfortunate really.

wallpaper,

terrapinflyer

I use Debian Gnome on my media sever and run weezy on raspberry pis's for little projects all over.

terrapinflyer,

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
Hopefully Gabe Newell will help change the lack of gaming support that has plagued Linux for so long. I have tried a few versions of Ubuntu, but never considered switching over for some of the above mentioned reasons.
If they get more gaming support, I would certainly consider switching to Linux.:horse:

Just a thought, does Linux, as a whole,(I know there are many fractions within), want to go ever go mainstream? I mean if all the "cool" kids start using Linux, where do the geeks go?:)

Silver420Surfer,
Reactions: nopartofme
Top Bottom