Anyone tried the Oconell Tko desktop ball vape ?

Wat3rMel0n

Anyone here tried the Oconell Tko desktop ball vape ?
I currently have the taroma lite and thinking about upgrading.

Wat3rMel0n,

EarthworldTim

I have a Taroma lite. What do you think it might do that much better? Might be wiser to swap the rubies out for a different size rather than buy a new baller head. Seems like more of a lateral move to me.

EarthworldTim,

Wat3rMel0n

I have a Taroma lite. What do you think it might do that much better? Might be wiser to swap the rubies out for a different size rather than buy a new baller head. Seems like more of a lateral move to me.
More even roast ? more low temps with more power ? better titanium bowl(infinity bowl)? its also modular.
You think i should buy a new head from Qaroma instead ?

Wat3rMel0n,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
The TKO has been discussed a bit on the ball vape thread, including a comparison to the Taroma:

It also comes us occasionally in the OWW thread.

I don't have much interest in it because I don't think it brings a lot new to the table. I do like that it is modular. If I were upgrading from a Ti head, I would probably try quartz ceramic next.

EarthworldTim

I'd say if you're not getting an even roast with the lite then perhaps more tweaking is in order. Agree with @Grass Yes about the quartz or ceramic probably being the better options for changing things up.

EarthworldTim,
Reactions: Grass Yes

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I think the TKO looks good but there is not a specific thread for it, all of the O'Connell vapes are in one thread that is not too active, and yeah it does come up in ball comparison thread, as far as I know it is a very effective design, with more proprietary bowls set up? Seems very efficient and a good option although there are so many now ...

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Grass Yes

GoldenBud

it looks awesome from everything I was reading/seeing about it. definately would get it if I'd the money ;)

GoldenBud,
i think its superior - i havent owned or used a ball vape - but my reasoning is its both an injector and also able to use the shoveheads

its more versatile and cheaper than the flowerpot

ill be getting one when i finally can afford a ball vape

Dampfmaschine,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
i think its superior - i havent owned or used a ball vape - but my reasoning is its both an injector and also able to use the shoveheads

its more versatile and cheaper than the flowerpot

ill be getting one when i finally can afford a ball vape
Not sure if this counts as the device thread so I will avoid too much comparison. Anyway you need to do a bit more research. The FPs all can use the shovelhead bowls and can function as both injectors or diffusers in the same way as the TKO.

I haven't used a TKO so I would never recommend for or against it, but the above is not the reason to choose it over a FP.

Top Bottom