• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Anyone own FW7 and TinyMight?

designinme

I've narrowed down my next purchase between these two. Would like to hear the opinions of both, which would you buy if your primarily were going to use one of these two for portable micro dosing. Mostly around the house, or maybe toss one in my pocket to head to a friends or if I go run some errands. I won't be taking either hiking or anything like that. I'm a lightweight, so just 1 good hit is all I'll probably need to stay lifted for a while. With the mighty, 3 hits and I'm doing really good, but I feel I might be wasting some herb during the heat up process. Also, I just like spending money on new toys so that's part of it too :-)

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
It's a tie of sorts since the hybrid heating and single button operation of the FW7 makes it less of a versatile flavor vape but does make it super straightforward and stonier even at lower temp settings. Also the FW7 gets the edge for portability since the hula stem retracts.

For me I'd likely go Tinymight first: having a little dial to choose your temp is super handy and temp stepping is the best way to enjoy flavorful terp hits early. You can also plug it in to charge it whereas the FW7 need the cell charged out of the device.

One caveat is that I use the Tinymight with a j-hook at home because I prefer the glass vapor path and dislike the stainless steel nuts and washers cooling unit in the stock stem.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yeah you really can't go wrong with either, but in this situation I would recommend the TM, I think it is better for one hitter type bowls, you can get extremely fast extraction, but I like to milk the low temps to stretch it out a little longer and for the flavor and effects... I don't really ever do quick fast extractions with my FW7, I like to milk the low temp, slow extraction even more so, though it certainly is capable... (For example though, I find it more enjoyable to take a hit from my TM and come back to it later, then I do with the FW7, in both cases I tend to prefer to finish the bowl in one sitting if I can, but since they can hit so strong I often do not and come back to finish later, so I think the TM is a bit better for this but yes both are fine!) And anyway yes either way you want to get WPA and a j-hook for home use, if you skim through both of those threads from the most recent pages backwards you'll see this topic comes up a lot so there are a lot of suggestions, whichever way you go! My top two portables available :tup:

designinme

Yeah, this is a hard decision :-) LOL. I can order the TM right now.. or try to get in the drop Sunday for FW7... My concern with the TM is it does sound more fragile ( and further away to send back for repair ) -- FW7 sounds more sturdy and closer to send for repair ( USA ) but harder to get and maybe a *little less* ideal for single hits compared to TM - Both sound like a winner regardless.. so most likely I'll end up getting both at some point. The would make me lean towards the FW7 now.. and perhaps TM 2.0 down the road... or maybe go the other way.. and get the FW8... decisions decisions! :-) IT's good to have options though.

Shit Snacks

Yeah, this is a hard decision :-) LOL. I can order the TM right now.. or try to get in the drop Sunday for FW7... My concern with the TM is it does sound more fragile ( and further away to send back for repair ) -- FW7 sounds more sturdy and closer to send for repair ( USA ) but harder to get and maybe a *little less* ideal for single hits compared to TM - Both sound like a winner regardless.. so most likely I'll end up getting both at some point. The would make me lean towards the FW7 now.. and perhaps TM 2.0 down the road... or maybe go the other way.. and get the FW8... decisions decisions! :-) IT's good to have options though.

Yeah I don't know if you already have any pure convection in your lineup, that would make the TM a worthwhile acquisition, but if you do have a log or other desktop, yeah the FW7 is a bit more unique in that sense?? Totally a worthwhile idea to just try for an FW7 this weekend and go from there, I don't think it will leave you unsatisfied much at all, but it should be easy to resell... And yes eventually the FW8 will come along... Who knows with the TM sequel, seems more like it's been rolling minor upgrades nearly two years in, though it is easy to order at least!

designinme

Yeah I don't know if you already have any pure convection in your lineup, that would make the TM a worthwhile acquisition, but if you do have a log or other desktop, yeah the FW7 is a bit more unique in that sense?? Totally a worthwhile idea to just try for an FW7 this weekend and go from there, I don't think it will leave you unsatisfied much at all, but it should be easy to resell... And yes eventually the FW8 will come along... Who knows with the TM sequel, seems more like it's been rolling minor upgrades nearly two years in, though it is easy to order at least!
I actually have a FIreFly 2+ I broke it out last night to give it another shot and seemed to get some good production with it. But the irritating factor is needing to stir and the lid design make it really unusable as a portable solution for on the go. One day a device will be made that has great airflow, no need to stir, on demand, will use optional dosing capsules ( for on the move simplicity ) large removable batteries and will be built strong enough to handle drops. :-)

Shit Snacks

I actually have a FIreFly 2+ I broke it out last night to give it another shot and seemed to get some good production with it. But the irritating factor is needing to stir and the lid design make it really unusable as a portable solution for on the go. One day a device will be made that has great airflow, no need to stir, on demand, will use optional dosing capsules ( for on the move simplicity ) large removable batteries and will be built strong enough to handle drops. :-)

Oh yeah, I never used that one but I used to have the original and my brother had the FF2, they are fun and nice, however yeah the stirring and the cleaning was a bit tedious, and the long-term reliability... With glass stem-based pure convection, I love how the chamber and vapor path are fully removable and cleanable and replaceable! Very easy to load and unload with them, almost like capsules themselves, but yeah they allow the use of capsules too! Also with the regulation and my technique with TetraP80 and Tinymight for example I never stir, as long as you don't load too much there really isn't an issue at all in my experience, great extraction very easy to use, plus the easy replaceable long-lasting batteries! So yeah what you are describing is absolutely the TM, plus it's got the temp control dial for a full range of power settings, although yeah durability is the last risky point... In my opinion it's worthwhile, as someone who's pretty careful with their things, particularly for all the benefits I listed, however I will also say that I did drop my first TM sitting on the couch on to hard wood floor, slipped out of my hands and fell bottom down fortunately, so it was protected enough that none of the internal glass or ceramic pins broke, the only thing that happened is that the battery contact got slightly pressed down so now I just have to always screw the lid down all the way flat with that one, which is not a big deal and the best thing to do anyway (my new one does not go down all the way flat, but I do always screw it all the way down now to be safe too, because I used to only tighten it down partway on my original one when it dropped so that is also likely the cause of the battery contact getting compacted anyway just saying lol)

Momor

I also have both and would choose the TM over the FW7 because it's easier to load/unload (just suck/blow through the stem), there is no real need to temp the bowl so no tool needed, you can charge the battery internally, with the temp dial you have always a simple access to the whole temp range of your TM.
:2c:

Vaporware

@Momor You may already know this, but you can use the thin end of the battery door to tamp the FW7, and you already have it off and ready to use when you load the bowl. :)

designinme

Ok.. I think I'm sold on the TM :-) I noticed on their website they off additional accessories/parts like Cooling Unit, Additional Glass Tubes, and O-Ring Pack... should I add any of this to my purchase for items that need to be replaced often? Thanks for any help :-)

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Ok.. I think I'm sold on the TM :-) I noticed on their website they off additional accessories/parts like Cooling Unit, Additional Glass Tubes, and O-Ring Pack... should I add any of this to my purchase for items that need to be replaced often? Thanks for any help :-)
I got no extra stems and haven't needed O-rings. Even my standard short stem gets very little use since the flavor is way better with a j-hook.

I forget if I mentioned this but in my limited experience I also find the Tinymight to be superior on a bubbler, a use case where the dial is handy.

Here's the pic I shared on the TM thread using the large inline from Goo Roo
PXL_20210708_211948754~2.jpg

Shit Snacks

Get both WPA for sure, and a jayhook from somewhere if you don't already have one...

If you plan to be using the cooling unit a lot, it's nice to have a spare, for less frequent cleaning, likewise if you are going to use the regular stems you may want spares in case of breakage...

O rings are nice to have just in case, as are spare screens, but not necessary... Grab the extra long stem too if you feel like it is appealing!

Momor

@Momor You may already know this, but you can use the thin end of the battery door to tamp the FW7, and you already have it off and ready to use when you load the bowl. :)
Yes I know it but but I keep on forgetting it 😂 so thanks for the reminder, héhé.

designinme

Does the TinyMight website update DHL tracking info for US orders? ( If I recall DHL shipments get handed over to USPS at some point ) My order says shipped since 13th, but there is no tracking. Would like to know when it's expected to arrive so someone could be there to receive if I'm at the office :-)

designinme,

Shit Snacks

Does the TinyMight website update DHL tracking info for US orders? ( If I recall DHL shipments get handed over to USPS at some point ) My order says shipped since 13th, but there is no tracking. Would like to know when it's expected to arrive so someone could be there to receive if I'm at the office :-)

I don't know anything about a DHL package being handed over to USPS, DHL delivered both of mine ordered over a year apart... If you put in your phone number, DHL should be texting you when it has an estimate, also email, then you can also put in instructions with them I believe... Just because it says shipped doesn't mean there is actually tracking yet? But you can try emailing them, also:

Shit Snacks,

designinme

Wow my Order Shipped on the 13th and it was delivered on the 16th. And I'm in the states. Very impressed with the speedy delivery! I couldn't wait to give it a GO.. and what can I say. Best vape experience I've ever had. This is what I had HOPED that my Firefly 2 and 2+ would have been like for on demand convection. I also noticed that the hits on the TM in on demand mode on temp dial #6 do not cause me to cough, yet I always cough when using my Mighty ( throat tickle ). Not sure why that is the case ( I run my Mighty around 375 give or take ) - I'm thinking the only explanation could be with on demand TM I was inclined to do Direct to Lung, but with the mighty session style I do mouth to lung.. perhaps that is the difference. Very impressed with the TM. Ecstatic. Thanks for all the help in this thread.

I do have 1 question. When I remove the stem I can see the actual device has a screen deep in the unit that the stem rests against when pushed in. Does this need to be cleaned? I would imagine it does.. but if not that's cool. I just don't want to mess anything up. The quick reading online only saw references about cleaning the stem and the cooling unit.. but there has to be build-up inside the unit after some use I would imagine?? If we do need to clean that, how do we do it correctly? How do you get to it?

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I do have 1 question. When I remove the stem I can see the actual device has a screen deep in the unit that the stem rests against when pushed in. Does this need to be cleaned? I would imagine it does.. but if not that's cool. I just don't want to mess anything up. The quick reading online only saw references about cleaning the stem and the cooling unit.. but there has to be build-up inside the unit after some use I would imagine?? If we do need to clean that, how do we do it correctly? How do you get to it?
With the TM like my Splinter Zs move is to slightly tamp the weed in the stem. I also tend to take my first hit with the vape held intentionally sideways. You're right that that screen is much more permanent than anything in the stem and it does make sense to form your own habits not to get it to messy. My iHeat came with a little needle tool to pick abv out of the heater screen but I've yet to use it.

Glad you went for the Tinymight and glad you like it. Everyone does!
PXL_20210714_201514314~2.jpg

Shit Snacks

Wow my Order Shipped on the 13th and it was delivered on the 16th. And I'm in the states. Very impressed with the speedy delivery! I couldn't wait to give it a GO.. and what can I say. Best vape experience I've ever had. This is what I had HOPED that my Firefly 2 and 2+ would have been like for on demand convection. I also noticed that the hits on the TM in on demand mode on temp dial #6 do not cause me to cough, yet I always cough when using my Mighty ( throat tickle ). Not sure why that is the case ( I run my Mighty around 375 give or take ) - I'm thinking the only explanation could be with on demand TM I was inclined to do Direct to Lung, but with the mighty session style I do mouth to lung.. perhaps that is the difference. Very impressed with the TM. Ecstatic. Thanks for all the help in this thread.

Head over to the main thread, many more TM users there! And no the heater screen does not really need to be cleaned, not for a very long time anyway, but you should have wiped down all the metal parts before first use since they come pretty dirty fresh machined from the factory, in my experience at least! Glad to hear you are enjoying it, yes just like I said, makes you curious why firefly is so behind a vape like TM (and yeah it's nothing like the mighty lol)

Top Bottom