Anyone have some vaping while camping advice?

bobdobbs

Finally took the plunge this yeah and said "fuck combustion", but with a camping trip coming up in a couple weeks I'm looking for vaping on the road advice.

I'll be in a state park so discretion is important. I'll definitely bring some carts for daytime use, but interested in something that smacks more for sitting around the campfire. Right now I'm contemplating dynavap or pax 3 for flower, but I'm concerned about loading and operating both in the darkness (and I think the sound and light from the torch will kill the mood). Also thinking about bringing some home-pressed rosin and a wax pen as an alternative.

Mostly curious if anyone has advice on their go-to for device and material for traveling and camping. Thanks!

InhaleExhale

Dynavap for me. I bring it car camping and backpack camping because it's so small and discrete. Only consideration is to bring a full spare torch lighter or two so you don't run out of fuel. Also butane only boils at temperatures above 40ºF so if colder keep the lighter in a pants pocket to keep warm. Torch lighters are less bright than a traditional flame lighter, I don't think a quick 5-7 second torch blast is going to ruin anyone's experience (yours or anyone with you).

As to loading the Dynavap, I keep my cannabis in a jar and use the DV to "suck" material into the DV stem; then with a finger remove the overflow while packing the cap.

Vizyt91

Here is a video from sneaky Pete , you can find what you’re searching for maybe.

bobdobbs

Here is a video from sneaky Pete , you can find what you’re searching for maybe.
Awesome, thanks for the link!

bobdobbs,
Reactions: Vizyt91

Easywider

Simple is the way
I bring a soft cooler when camping for all my vaping gear. You can get those headlamps that switch between red, green, and white light. The red is perfect for operating just about anything in the dark. Enough light to see what you're doing without degrading your atmosphere or cramping anyone's style.

bobdobbs

I bring a soft cooler when camping for all my vaping gear. You can get those headlamps that switch between red, green, and white light. The red is perfect for operating just about anything in the dark. Enough light to see what you're doing without degrading your atmosphere or cramping anyone's style.
Thanks I like the idea of using red lights.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Tinymight and a handful of spare and batteries would be my preference unless you're going for an extended camping trip... but for a weekend camping trip thats what I am grabbing.
I second this Tinymight recommendation from @BrianTL. More expensive and more of a break risk but top-tier CIVILIZED on demand convection to meet the snobby demands of the most experienced dry herb vaper.

Your initial suggestion of a vapcap or pax makes it sound like you haven't paid super close attention to the portable landscape for a minute: the old session vapes folks used to talk about are weak tea compared to the new breed of on demand convection portables.

The Tinymight is still the new hotness in that category because it has everything you want (power, portability, consistency, ease of use, replaceable battery, ritual) and nothing you don't want (with the notable exception of the exposed glass stem being more fragile than something like the Fury Edge or the new Fury Rogue). Some folks make after market wooden stems but just don't drop it and you should be fine.

Vapcaps are affordable, durable and efficient with a few drawbacks. Not everyone can get a big hit off them at first because the draw resistance is tight. Single torches take too long while double and triple torches can be too loud to hear the click. Reheating for each hit is kind of annoying, especially when sharing, and there's no temp step option so flavor is lacking with top shelf stuff. All that to say maybe use a vapcap as your secondary option unless you're already used to them.

Honorable mention to Vleaf Go as a dead easy and cheap convection portable. It does have the major drawback of being too hot to use natively which mostly disqualifies it as a camping vape.

I still own a Fury Edge as a more rugged out in the woods vape but I recently used it on a trip while the Tinymight was charging (only packed the one battery) and was looking down my nose at the inferior vapor quality, flavor, extraction speed, and throat irritation. You can fully extract .2g in four to six hits with the Tinymight while any session vape is going to have you inhaling twice as much hot air while it's needlessly toasting your weed with its slow, dinky heater in the meantime.

And if all this snooty vape advice isn't hitting right you can do well with a Fury Rogue and maybe spring for a Hula stem so the flavor is less crap. It's a punchy enough heater to get you there and a much better value than a dinosaur like the Mighty/Crafty or god forbid an Arizer portable, all of which are like ten year old tech and not representative of what current portables are capable of.

Last edited:

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
If only for a night, you might get away with an electric, but if you are a heavy user I'd stick to the Dynavap + Jyarz and straw load that shit.

Or

Lotus Cap with Long stem (an unbreakable combo, perfect for camping). Plus, as a former smoker, you will fucking love the ritual and familiarness Lotus offers.

Butane is your friend.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
For camping, I love my dynavaps also. I tend to bring an IH heater and just charge it, and other things, with a portable charger pack.

I've also charged and enjoyed my Fury 2 on trips.

I vape concentrates these days and so besides a dynavap, I also bring a Boundless Terp Pen. They are so cheap and easy to use. Just dip and go. For a dab pen they are pretty indestructable. Also, you could bring one on 3 camping trips and never need to recharge. It is also my beach vape and anything on the go. I also leave one by my night stand.

BabyFacedFinster,

bobdobbs

I second this Tinymight recommendation from @BrianTL. More expensive and more of a break risk but top-tier CIVILIZED on demand convection to meet the snobby demands of the most experienced dry herb vaper.

Your initial suggestion of a vapcap or pax makes it sound like you haven't paid super close attention to the portable landscape for a minute: the old session vapes folks used to talk about are weak tea compared to the new breed of on demand convection portables.

The Tinymight is still the new hotness in that category because it has everything you want (power, portability, consistency, ease of use, replaceable battery, ritual) and nothing you don't want (with the notable exception of the exposed glass stem being more fragile than something like the Fury Edge or the new Fury Rogue). Some folks make after market wooden stems but just don't drop it and you should be fine.

Vapcaps are affordable, durable and efficient with a few drawbacks. Not everyone can get a big hit off them at first because the draw resistance is tight. Single torches take too long while double and triple torches can be too loud to hear the click. Reheating for each hit is kind of annoying, especially when sharing, and there's no temp step option so flavor is lacking with top shelf stuff. All that to say maybe use a vapcap as your secondary option unless you're already used to them.

Honorable mention to Vleaf Go as a dead easy and cheap convection portable. It does have the major drawback of being too hot to use natively which mostly disqualifies it as a camping vape.

I still own a Fury Edge as a more rugged out in the woods vape but I recently used it on a trip while the Tinymight was charging (only packed the one battery) and was looking down my nose at the inferior vapor quality, flavor, extraction speed, and throat irritation. You can fully extract .2g in four to six hits with the Tinymight while any session vape is going to have you inhaling twice as much hot air while it's needlessly toasting your weed with its slow, dinky heater in the meantime.

And if all this snooty vape advice isn't hitting right you can do well with a Fury Rogue and maybe spring for a Hula stem so the flavor is less crap. It's a punchy enough heater to get you there and a much better value than a dinosaur like the Mighty/Crafty or god forbid an Arizer portable, all of which are like ten year old tech and not representative of what current portables are capable of.
It's true, I can't say I'm on top of the most modern forms of dry herb vapes, I was aware of the Fury Rogue and was considering that or the POTV version. My pax has been great for dog walks but that's all I use it for.
But, now you've got me interested in this Tinymight.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
It's true, I can't say I'm on top of the most modern forms of dry herb vapes, I was aware of the Fury Rogue and was considering that or the POTV version. My pax has been great for dog walks but that's all I use it for.
But, now you've got me interested in this Tinymight.

The tinymight and the firewood7 are my top two portables these days bar none btw!

strech

I'm forced to live a more glamping lifestyle these days. What I enjoy is edibles and extra batteries for the old Air when I was tenting it.

strech,

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I usually pack my ArizerAir with wooden stem as a back up for camping trips, I like the Boundless Terp pen and Airistech Quaser pens for concentrates (I have 3 that I preload and carry in a Mini Maglight case) I would think a Rio would be good for camping too.
I do not own the HR Fury Rogue but would recommend that also (I have a Fury2 and that is a little ripper for stealth). I would leave the artisan (TinyMite) at home as glass in a vape can be dodgy on the go!
I now take my WoodScents as I can run it from any power tool battery as I have a DC powered VVPS (I use Makita 5amp 18v batteries) and can leave citronella oil simmering in the aromatherapy cup Ed supplied with it (on lower volts) to keep the mozzies at bay so it has multiple uses and is nearly ready to vape at any time (once the volts are turned back up)

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
I think it depends on the camping you're doing--car camping, backpacking, or RV camping. If its the second or a scenario where weight and bulk of items carried in matters, imho nothing beats a dynavap. Nothing is smaller or lighter.-weight There are replaceable battery electric options, but I find a single filled torch goes a lot further for a lot less weight than a stack of batteries. Personally I find the torch to be much easier than a lot of people who don't like DVs make it out to be.

If you're car or rv camping the sky is the limit really--you could bring a desktop and maybe a battery pack if you really wanted, or stash replacement batteries at your site. For something like this or when you know you only need a days worth of battery life people have offered lots of suggestions. Personally I think the DV still performs extremely well as on demand vape--you could always leave a water pipe in your car to elevate the experience if that is your thing, or just leave a glass stem at your site and bring along a metal body--and there are lots of opportunities in car camping for an electric vape to be damaged or unusable (e.g. if it starts downpouring, but I guess you could sit in your car or tent). I'd be a little more apt to consider an electric option for either of these scenarios, though.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Yeah it definitely depends on the conditions; I like to travel light so I would probably just bring hash rosin or live resin cartridges on my Uni Pro. Battery life lasts longer than anything and can be recharged completely in under an hour with a $5 battery bank or a USB plug in your car. You can also use it while charging, or hook up a water pipe adapter for e-nail style rig hits. Most discrete, least weight, no loading, cleaning etc.

A wax pen with some rosin would be a good alternative, though it’s a little bit more involved with the loading and the cleaning; and the battery life is a lot less than a cartridge, but still more efficient than most flower portables. If you have a RiO I’d probably bring that for sure.

Dyna and torch would be a good fallback, doesn’t take up much room, very durable, can get by without grinding.

any portable with a nice assortment of charged 18650s would probably do the trick too.

And If I’m traveling somewhere with a power outlet I’m bringing the enail/desktop as it’s no bigger than most portables. I used to tote a Volcano Classic in an Ogio backpack before all these hip portables existed lol. It’s so much easier to “fuck combustion” these days! 😁😄

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
Yeah it definitely depends on the conditions; I like to travel light so I would probably just bring hash rosin or live resin cartridges on my Uni Pro. Battery life lasts longer than anything and can be recharged completely in under an hour with a $5 battery bank or a USB plug in your car. You can also use it while charging, or hook up a water pipe adapter for e-nail style rig hits. Most discrete, least weight, no loading, cleaning etc.

A wax pen with some rosin would be a good alternative, though it’s a little bit more involved with the loading and the cleaning; and the battery life is a lot less than a cartridge, but still more efficient than most flower portables. If you have a RiO I’d probably bring that for sure.

Dyna and torch would be a good fallback, doesn’t take up much room, very durable, can get by without grinding.

any portable with a nice assortment of charged 18650s would probably do the trick too.

And If I’m traveling somewhere with a power outlet I’m bringing the enail/desktop as it’s no bigger than most portables. I used to tote a Volcano Classic in an Ogio backpack before all these hip portables existed lol. It’s so much easier to “fuck combustion” these days! 😁😄

Completely forgot about the cartridge options lol. I would bring that as a back up for my TM and 4-6 spare batteries :lol:

It is great those pens can be recharged from a battery bank. Not so much with the TM's 18650s! Unless you have a monster sized battery bank I guess

iDRINKBLEACH

knowing is half the power - Gi-JOE
Accessory Maker
I always bring a butane driven just incase, a native portable, and then my flowerpot for the RV. I always bring a charger too and 3 batteries is good enough rotation for me not to worry about all 3 dead at the same time.

510vaporent

I would definitely bring my dynavap, as well as my divine tribe v4 or m22 wax atomizer. I also have a Rogue on the way which I’m hoping will be good for camping trips. The splinter or stempod on a three battery mod would be nice option too

510vaporent,
Reactions: Easywider

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Completely forgot about the cartridge options lol. I would bring that as a back up for my TM and 4-6 spare batteries :lol:

It is great those pens can be recharged from a battery bank. Not so much with the TM's 18650s! Unless you have a monster sized battery bank I guess

A lot of people turn their nose up at carts, but if you get ones with the same type of oil you might otherwise dab they can be great. Like live resin sauce in some of the full ceramic stuff out now! :drool:

Being able to use the USB bank is killer because I usually bring one anyways for the speaker. Some people talked about using the Vleaf Go off a USB bank, but I haven't tried that one.

Of course for the most serious of enthusiasts, you'll want the Milwaukee powered E-nail from NV/CH!

2021-04-16_740x.jpg

Portable-1_740x.jpg

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
A lot of people turn their nose up at carts, but if you get ones with the same type of oil you might otherwise dab they can be great. Like live resin sauce in some of the full ceramic stuff out now! :drool:

Yup! I just never really consider it because I refuse to buy a black market cart. I really want to get ahold of one of those live resin carts. Any dispensary I've been to recently never has any super appealing carts though. One day...

Roffa

Vapman is perfect for camping, both because of the egg but also because it is the right ritual for the woods ha
It's why I bought a prrl Neo and ordered a custom made burlwood pipe, to enjoy at the campfire in the evening, while camping.

Roffa,
Reactions: Ramahs
Top Bottom