• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

any experiences/tips for effective cannabis tea?

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
i very much like the idea of casually sipping on a cup of tea that will float me through they keyhole, but my first experiences have produced not much more than a relaxing pleasant light high.

i've combined and mixed a tablespoon of ABV with a tablespoon of ghee, into a cup's worth of boiling water, then turned down to simmer for about an hour, adding a tumeric/ginger teabag and a little coconut sugar. Very delicious, I would say like a hot toddy even though I've never had a hot toddy but it seems like a good description.

Very interested in suggestions for improvements based on your experiences.

Thanks!

Shadooz

Abv never get me high, only physical stone

But With the ammount needed of abv to get something potent (more 2 tablespoon than 1) it will look like a yerba mate...

U add ghee but do u eat the abv or just infuse it ? Even if ghee is a lipide, it will not get all the thc/cbd that left

Hot toddy are made with whisky, that's maybe the missing ingredient :rofl:

Cannabis tea is a tough one because the cannabinoids are not water soluble.

You might try making canna-honey or canna-sugar and use it in the tea. Recipes are all over the net. However, even with that, as soon as you place it in the hot tea, it will likely separate from the sugar/honey and leave an oil slick on top of your tea.

I have done a number of tests using maltodextrin to convert the oils to water soluble powder. But, even with that, results are less than perfect.

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Try milk instead of all or some of the water, that's how they do Bhang Lassi in India. Milk also has the benefit of phospholipid encapsulation, similar to the idea behind using lecithin.

That's interesting because today I received a promo email from Ardent with a recipe for infused bhang saag so that's my next fun experiment. Thank you.

shredder

i very much like the idea of casually sipping on a cup of tea that will float me through they keyhole, but my first experiences have produced not much more than a relaxing pleasant light high.

i've combined and mixed a tablespoon of ABV with a tablespoon of ghee, into a cup's worth of boiling water, then turned down to simmer for about an hour, adding a tumeric/ginger teabag and a little coconut sugar. Very delicious, I would say like a hot toddy even though I've never had a hot toddy but it seems like a good description.

Very interested in suggestions for improvements based on your experiences.

Thanks!

I would make a strong oil or butter/ghee and use that in tea. You can use some essential oils to flavor it and help hide the weed taste. Check out bulletproof coffee.

I'm not much of a tea drinker, but I drink coffee. I use a mct oil (nutiva brand) infusion in my coffee.

I make the infusion using 3ml of feco, 1/2tsp of liquid lecithin and 4-5 drops of sweet orange oil. (Orange oil has limonene, a terpene that I like) this goes in a 1ounce eye dropper bottle after it's gently heated and mixed well.

If I mix drops (4-6) in with the coffee I really don't taste it, but usually I just put the drops on top my coffee and get it all in the first few sips. By the time my coffee is gone I'm starting to feel the buzz, and it builds over the next hour.

I feel the stronger you make an infusion or tincture the better, if that's the route you follow. You use less so you get less weed taste.

WalkOfLight

I have tried this also. Some success with large pools on top of my Matcha.
I am personally on the hunt to replicate the original keef cola, before they switched to distillate.
But overall nothing like the heady fast acting high when I used to smoke. This gets pretty close though.
I actually bought this sunflower lecithin and they say since its cold pressed its not an emulsifier or for cooking. Its a raw food supplement of sorts.
So I keep it and just add it to smoothies in the morning... ya know brain food...
This lead to a discovery I think. Though its not to be heated it definitely emulsifies in a blender for my porpoises. heh big fish.
Alright backstory complete.

The best easiest fast acting thing I have found so far is.
Add In order to a blender -
1 cup of almond milk.
1 gram of decarb. Personally I choose Sativa.
1 scoop of sunflower lecithin by microingredients. (its on amazon)
Whip it up on ultra blend. I use the Ninja. It seems to produce a froth. I'm not sure if that's where its working or not.
My dosage would be the whole mixture which is like 250-300mg to me. You might want to split it up.
------- I drank this as is, and does nothing for taste, but wow does it pack a punch... (Fully cerebral Sativa)
To make things more manageable, I now add things like a banana, scoop of plant protein, and spinach.
(I blend it once for the process, and then again a second time with the smoothie contents. )
It still acts very quickly with other food added.
I protest, you do not need heat to achieve emulsification/infusion. And you get to keep the full spectrum bake.
A blender is not yet talked about much.
I suspect you could make a wicked cold brew this way also.
This requires 0 animal fats too btw...

Cannabiker

I always keep some infused coconut oil in the fridge, and I use that to make a chai latte. I just make my usual chai, a roasted yerba mate blend with fresh ginger, nutmilk, and some oil. If I don't want it just floating on top, I use a frother to foam it up.

I make the oil in big batches after harvest season, with decarbed popcorn bud, coconut oil, and lecithin.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
@WalkOfLight have you tried any of the nano gummies? I tried some recently and they kick in as fast as vaping, I was pretty impressed. I have a higher tolerance and surprisingly even the 5mg had an effect.

Top Bottom