Aluminum and all the other crazy things listed on my label

Zow237

http://www.medicalmarijuana.eu/harmful-levels-aluminum-cannabis-plants/
https://www.smithsonianmag.com/scie...ften-laced-heavy-metals-and-fungus-180954696/
I dont think this is being talked about right now but if it is feel free to delete.... Ive dealt with some issues being a chronic cannabis user for over 10 years... My body has slowed down quite a bit over the years (30 in Sept) and i really havent been able to pin point much, until i moved to Co because I didnt have a label in Illinois haha. I originally thought it was pesticides and herbicides. I have just found out that a lot of weed contains aluminum from the soil they use and from some cultivation processes.. This article opened my eyes to how little we know about this and it seems to be at the early stage of even being aware of this...Feel free to share any thoughts on that matter... This also has me pretty concerned about the materials being used in vapes, food grade or not. I bought an 8th today and the first ingredient was aluminum, then it had a couple things of iron and then it had copper.... wtf! In the garbage another 8th goes... I finally found one place that claims to be heavy metal free and zero pesticides and herbicides. Im thinking that pesticides herbicides and heavy metals make a pretty insane cocktail... MMJ is great but not when its so tainted it fucks your whole life and body up.

Last edited:

just_the_flu

they say im crazy but i have a good time
...all soils have metals in them, take a soil sample and you will see... they are usually in low ppm depending on the area... iron can be used as a fertilizer in small doses, for turf iron is what makes it a deep nice green colour... copper can also be used as a fertilizer AND/OR a fungicide in low doses, copper however is very toxic to plants in higher doses...

...depending on what level ppm these metals are, i do not think it's abnormal...

EDIT: the only way to know for sure is to take a sample to a lab for a tissue test... depending on your area you might not be able to..

Zow237

...all soils have metals in them, take a soil sample and you will see... they are usually in low ppm depending on the area... iron can be used as a fertilizer in small doses, for turf iron is what makes it a deep nice green colour... copper can also be used as a fertilizer AND/OR a fungicide in low doses, copper however is very toxic to plants in higher doses...

...depending on what level ppm these metals are, i do not think it's abnormal...

EDIT: the only way to know for sure is to take a sample to a lab for a tissue test... depending on your area you might not be able to..

yeah I dont think I can here idk. But the first ingredient on the list is aluminum. does that mean they used alluminum or they are just letting you know whats in the soil? also say im allergic to alluminum... does that just mean i should quit vaping in general because its in all the soil?

just_the_flu

they say im crazy but i have a good time
...not sure what they label as ingredients, but if they are listing things like that i would assume it came from a soil sample by the sounds of it.. but i'm not 100% sure on what the regulations are...

..and do they list the ppm of each? most things at low ppm are a non-issue... we probably breath in worse things in higher ppm's daily...

just_the_flu,
Reactions: Zow237

Zow237

...not sure what they label as ingredients, but if they are listing things like that i would assume it came from a soil sample by the sounds of it.. but i'm not 100% sure on what the regulations are...

..and do they list the ppm of each? most things at low ppm are a non-issue... we probably breath in worse things in higher ppm's daily...

yeah i agree Im sure the air pollution is worse but if the metals ppm is high enough it could be a concern, and since its an accumulative neurotoxin then it really doesnt matter how much if you are using all the time, because that would accumulate through out time. They dont do any testing that im aware of. Thats why its quite a concern for me. i guess it also depends how your body reacts to these things as well. My issues are all neurodegenerative so thats why this is concern as well for me being that these metals are neurotoxins even at small amounts
This is the only regulations i found
Edit: A complete list of all nonorganic pesticides, fungicides, and herbicides used during the cultivatiuon of the retail marijuana used to produce the product; and m) A complete list of solvents and chemicals used in the creation of any retail marijuana concentrate used in the product. https://www.drugpolicy.org/sites/de...ements_for_Marijuana_Products_in_Colorado.pdf
Edited again: also I can shop at shops that don't have aluminum listed as an ingredient but these places are zero pesticide and herbicide place. Which is the minority here in co

Last edited:
Zow237,
Reactions: arb

arb

Semi shaved ape
The issues come from sprays and poor environmental conditions resulting in molds and fungi usually pretty rare for a rooting medium to be that polluted in a indoor environment.
Take a bale of sunshine mix for example peetmoss,perlite,lime and silicone dioxide.......that is all.

arb,
Reactions: Zow237

Zow237

Aluminum is the most abundent element on earth its all around us in the air the soil the food .

https://www.livestrong.com/article/403282-aluminum-in-your-diet/

Yeah I know it's everywhere but I was concerned that it was an added aluminum. Just because it's everywhere doesn't mean I should add to it if I don't have to as well. I don't understand the ingredient lists. There are so many damn ingredients including aluminum, neem oil, azamax, etc. the list goes on....I shouldn't have named this just aluminum but" what's in my weed " haha. The one label I have today has almost 50 ingredients listed..... I've also come across moldy weed many times so said above the fungus and molds most def could be the issue.

@ginolicious you are so right. I want to buT the one year old and my wife say no :(

Last edited:
Zow237,

shredder

Gotta grow your own. That’s the only way to know what’s in it. I’m going to be starting in October.

Even then I doubt you would eliminate it. Dont use azomite, even though its an organic ingredient, its an aluminum silicate. It's literally everywhere. And cannabis is an accumilator plant that takes up lots of elements. You can minimize it, if you do lots of research, but that's about it.

shredder,

ginolicious

So what are we suggesting here? We all getting Alzheimer’s? If this metal is abundant there is no way of truly avoiding it. Well what about through hydroponics? Mind you I have no experience growing in water.

arb

Semi shaved ape
Forum rules say zero grow chat fellas,stu is already busy enough eh.
:doh:

arb,

lazylathe

Almost there...
@Zow237

Just briefly read through the articles and they both mention smoking as the inhalation method.
I wonder if vaporizing is safer since we are not combusting the plant material that would hold the aluminum in it's cell structure.

Since Al is a naturally occurring element and it is in basically everything, avoiding it will be impossible.

I also found this quote to be very accurate:
"Before we go any further I also want to make it clear that as of today, we do not know clinically what this means in the real world. It is a new observation and a medical issue that has not been investigated."

Also take a look through your household for products containing aluminum, as those products are usually skin related and it will get absorbed directly into your body.
Ones to look at:
Sunscreens
Deodorant, roll on or spray
Foods containing baking powder are rich in Al
And don't forget vaccines are FULL of aluminum that stays in your body for life...

We have all seen what vaccines can do to totally healthy kids in a matter of days and the amount of AL is minuscule in those vaccines.
I would imagine more would be ingested if smoked.

There are ways to reduce/remove aluminum from your body, so maybe try these techniques for a while?
Drink silicone rich water, help bind to Al and you excrete it out. (at least 12 weeks of this)
Buy only whole foods, nothing in aluminum cans or processed food packaging.
Aluminum free deodorant
Do not take antacid tablets! Full of aluminum...
A basic colon cleanse to clean out the system.
L-Theanine capsules 200mg before bed or drink lots of green tea
Bacopa Monniera an ayurveyda medicine protects the brain stem from AL toxicity (300 to 450 mg per day)
Curcimin is a wonder supplement!!
Vitamins C, E and Selenium.

Top Bottom