• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Alpine 2020/2021 - Induction Heater

thunderstealer1337

Lol more stuff on reddit posted - everything packed and ready to ship 16+ hours ago.....ups picks up next day (today) at 11am.

It's almost 1pm next day, whose betting I will not have tracking update by today.

Such a awkward way to do business

thunderstealer1337,
Reactions: MoltenTiger

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Lol more stuff on reddit posted - everything packed and ready to ship 16+ hours ago.....ups picks up next day (today) at 11am.

It's almost 1pm next day, whose betting I will not have tracking update by today.

Such a awkward way to do business
Playing on customer''s nerves is not a great idea. They still have the 20% off and with SV20 and i bet it will be there to stay cause it is been running for a long time even before that product appeared.Maybe they want some people to buy it full price or make people that paid 80$ to feel like they are getting 150$ dollar product instead of 120$ :D..

indogems

These guys keep me in awe... I tell them I have a unit that sparks and smokes out the box, and they tell me that I can only return for refund unused items in sellable condition. So apparently that means I need to pay to ship back the sparky unit, wait to receive another unit (when will that happen?), and then pay to send back the unopened replacement...

Just... wow

thunderstealer1337

so 5pm wednesday now, no tracking update at all

but he made a point to state that orders placed up to last weekend is shipping out today......

lol i ordered mine 1st week of may and is somehow now bunched with a set of deliveries that includes those that ordered up to last weekend...... uh what?

ok, just confused and waiting for update

edit: still have not been informed by maker, but I do have a ups shipment label made to me (i checked my ups account), showing his old company name and now item being sent from Texas..... :shrug:

Last edited:
thunderstealer1337,

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Now being sent from ...wha'haaaa da 'hoohooeee? Guess they found the 17-18 missing boxes in Texas.

TommyDee,

ChilledAsian

I have been a bit unglued, so haven’t fired it up (expecting it to go IED on me).

Let you know when I can catch myself, so I can kick my butt! Until then

Cauldron is 2/3 the size of A-20 in one dimension; significantly lighter (no batteries).

Used a 1A charger to fully charge, fully charged in 1/2 hour.

enlarge picture online
Was looking into a Caldron but for some reason, it won't ship to y country. So I ended with the A20. Hoping no issue when mine arrives since shipping cost an arm and a leg... Don't get me wrong I purchase this with full confidence since I notice they are very good with after sales. Seeing them take action is a plus point for me.

Last edited:
ChilledAsian,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

thunderstealer1337

Was looking into a Caldron but for some reason, it won't ship to y country. So I ended with the A20. Hoping no issue when mine arrives since shipping cost an arm and a leg... Don't get me wrong I purchase this with full confidence since I notice they are very good with after sales. Seeing them take action is a plus point for me.
huh what action? they are not very good with after sales, read my posts in this thread, its the most awkward and confusing train ride ever!

tldr: i preordered in may and its still not here

thunderstealer1337,

ChilledAsian

huh what action? they are not very good with after sales, read my posts in this thread, its the most awkward and confusing train ride ever!

tldr: i preordered in may and its still not here
I'm sorry to hear that I was only basing my assumptions on their reddit page. I took advantage of the weekend sale and decided to go with DHL as the courier (which is very pricey and very delayed :bang:) and yesterday I got a message that my IH is on the way. Crossing my fingers....

ChilledAsian,

TommyDee

Vaporitor
I've been working on the HalfPint FlatPack IH since the A'20 arrived. I am sold on this form-factor as a table-top piece. I like the HalfPint circuit because it is a very hot bake and very controllable.

While I was letting the FlatPack charge, I decided to see how hot the A'20 actually is. Spoiler; It's not. The position of the cap with my wide-click-gap '18 cap lets the clicker click the first click within a second. The first click takes several seconds, up to 3, in the HalfPint. This tells me I want a deeper insertion into the coil with the A'20. Not an option though :disgust:

However, if I ever needed to go on a T-break, this IH will do it. I tested the A'20 to see what I could get out of my normally sesh'd single draw bowls if I took my time. Turns out for a fairly bland herb, the A'20 coaxed 6 draws out of the bowl. That is impressive. Not my typical medication style but good to know that option is available with this A'20 tuning. Can't wait to adjust it :whip:

So far the A'20 has performed flawlessly. Highly consistent even through the battery cycling. I see a lot of lost terps due to the blazing lights but that's not the fault of the A'20. The low voltage cutoff circuit works well; the power transfer to the actual IH module is good; and the looks are still stunning.

I really hope that the bad taste in so many peoples' mouths will go away soon. Yea, I've seen more impressive launches and way better communication. We have to remember that this is a commercial venture from a small scale operator who is doing 'his' best to get everyone happy on a gutsy beta release into the marketplace. Be thankful it wasn't kickstartl'd :cool:

thunderstealer1337

It's Thursday and I do not have tracking update still oh well, it's lol you think a $5 silicone piece will make this guy all of a sudden a reputable vendor.

I wanna say he publicly posted info that was incorrect prolly a dozen plus times between the 6/5 pre-order shipment to now

Last edited:

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Bro, you seem to be over positive about an under rated product? :shrug:

One has to wonder. :evil:
What can I say, I call it as I see it and it is looking pretty good. Did you get that comparison report started yet? If I had a PSM I'd be happy to compare them. One plus for PSM will be the ability to change the battery by your freaking self :cool: So hopefully sometime in the next year my top will fall off and I can take care of that little niggle. Maybe my magnet will fall out too and I can fix that with a bright shiny nickel plated one properly polarized one. You'd be hate'n on me even more then! A'20 is a lightweight. I can't fix that. Bums me. A'20 doesn't have a remote fire button. Bums me. Feel better now?

babaganush

Someone on reddit says they use a 12.6V/2A charger instead of the included 12V/2A charger and they get a pretty substantial amount of extra battery life in doing so (like 3-4 more bowls worth). Can anyone verify if this is safe to do?

babaganush,

TommyDee

Vaporitor
@babaganush - this is very true. My provided A'20 charger read 12.18 volts. When I measured the extra capacity to go to 12.6 volts, it was well over a watt-hour of additional charge. Technically, the pack is 11.1 watt/hours so that say better than 10%, and likely closer to 15% of the charge lies in the upper charge efforts.

When I get some more thing done, I can tell you exactly how much but you are not reading emotions. I'm going to give them credit for running the '20 conservatively. By that I mean they won't be kept at their peek charge and they are not going to be too hot with a overly full charge [12.6v]. The cells will live in their happy place.

Of course that also means their 3S Chinese 1000mah pack is only putting out 850mah. Looking more like PSM every minute huh @stark1 :cool:
But I do push it. I stuff every joule of energy into the pack I can. Of course, that is an engineering decision they made. The 'safe' route. Fuck That! :goon:

TommyDee,

thunderstealer1337

Not sure why this maker gets any credibility

How can you guys support this product which had 0 qc (2 days of internal qc - was nonexistent) - sparking units on 1st plug in, wood tops not glued down, glass heaters not glued down, engravings sent to wrong ppl, engravings not centered and running past into the edges of the frame

He did not have enough for 1st preorder shipment - I still dont have mine - the shenanigans of 7/2/20 of 17/18 ppl who lost their order has amounted to more then 18+ ppl who have posted up about it now. It was also exposed on this forum that he messaged a customer telling them he did not have enough units for the first round of preorders.

I got a direct phone call 2 days ago 7/14 about my image, so its pretty clear that was the 1st time they tried to engrave my image, pretty easy to connect the dots and see that every other update that was publicly blasted was lies - all preorders packed ready to ship on xyz.... lies.... we finishing up all the preorder shipments... lies....

I have never dealt with any type of vendor who constantly lies and avoids direct communication and publicly blasts stuff on online forums, direct messages takes 48hrs to respond, email updates about your order is nonexistent, and when you email customer service to check on status - you get a automated blast of "we have proof that tracking is not correct" -
I have proof you never engraved my item/shipped it still to this day 7/16/20.

Its really sad to see others buy this product, I feel this maker is very shady in their ways of doing business and feel we should be supporting others. (and I have 0 idea about focus since I just got into vaping like 2 months ago)

I cancelled today because the UPS shipping label that was falsely printed before the package was ready still hasnt moved yet.... again, with updates on reddit that everything has shipped picked up yesterday already.... well you can blame me for not trying to want to deal with a 3rd round of why my item is not here yet.

It felt like if you were posting rude comments on reddit you got service first, since I was polite - I feel like I just got left behind - this is my opinion from the entire 1st come 1st serve 7/2 shenanigans
1sZQkNW.jpg

Last edited:

TommyDee

Vaporitor
I've had a couple of KickStarter participation that went very sideways. No recourse what-so-ever. I have an A'20 that works as expected. I'm in heaven!

Has anyone actually requested a refund?

TommyDee,

thunderstealer1337

I've had a couple of KickStarter participation that went very sideways. No recourse what-so-ever. I have an A'20 that works as expected. I'm in heaven!

We get it , the maker is like a deciphle of god to you, none of these glaring issues - is actually a issue we need/should be talking about, it should just be swept under the rug and be happy it works.

indogems

I have (as well as others who contacted me privately on Reddit). Mine sparked loudly and brightly internally when I stuck in my vape the very first time. Smoke came out and smelled up my apartment for a couple days, even though I only turned it on for an instant. If that had been the only issue, I would have gotten a replacement (because sometimes shit happens). But then it was clear the CS department didn't care (had no curiosity about what happened, and seemed to make a point of waiting 24 hours between each response). I started seeing other people with issues, read up on the questionable charging system, as well as how you have to adjust the coils to get the heater to work right. Clearly this system was not designed by an expert, and the factory was not given correct specs (see the magnet issue). Clearly there was not even the basic QC done on these (just press the button and see if it shorts out!).

And to top it all off, they tell me I can't get a refund because I opened the package?! Randall states that the "satisfaction guarantee" on the Toggen website is "alternative information"?! Forget it. These guys are hoping to unload their garbage as fast as possible.

doubledown

I’ll go on the record to say the 1st one I received had an incomplete engraving, the magnet issue, and the top was not attached. I left a Reddit comment and was contacted by Randall within thirty minutes. I was instructed to box mine up and sent an RMA. They cross shipped me a new unit (I requested no engraving this time) and two days later I had a new unit that looks and works great! The magnet is still a minor issue, but for the money, I’m a happy camper. So far the battery seems to be about on par with my PSM.

TommyDee

Vaporitor
We get it , the maker is like a deciphle of god to you, none of these glaring issues - is actually a issue we need/should be talking about, it should just be swept under the rug and be happy it works.
Hell no, they all need to be addressed. None are okay.

I have (as well as others who contacted me privately on Reddit). Mine sparked loudly and brightly internally when I stuck in my vape the very first time. Smoke came out and smelled up my apartment for a couple days, even though I only turned it on for an instant. If that had been the only issue, I would have gotten a replacement (because sometimes shit happens). But then it was clear the CS department didn't care (had no curiosity about what happened, and seemed to make a point of waiting 24 hours between each response). I started seeing other people with issues, read up on the questionable charging system, as well as how you have to adjust the coils to get the heater to work right. Clearly this system was not designed by an expert, and the factory was not given correct specs (see the magnet issue). Clearly there was not even the basic QC done on these (just press the button and see if it shorts out!).

And to top it all off, they tell me I can't get a refund because I opened the package?! Randall states that the "satisfaction guarantee" on the Toggen website is "alternative information"?! Forget it. These guys are hoping to unload their garbage as fast as possible.

And that is very much not okay. A dead short on activation is a problem. Not getting an RMA on a product under 30 days old in the USA is illegal. Hit up your VISA or whatever you paid with. DOA is the reason for consumer protection. Glad it didn't burn your apartment down. The content is not necessarily explosive but hotter than hell non-the-less. Have them refuse a valid RMA request {record of events] with cause and take that to you credit card company. They'll get answers or you money back.

Last edited:

stark1

Lonesome Planet
TD, did you get a (special) unit with QC properly checked over by “Randell”and/or
Got your unit gratis, so that you feel obligated to crow its
merits to us losers.

—If you didn’t, I owe you one.

(I have been reluctant to use mine, as it is running hot; so hot it
Left a burnt ring around my new cap. Been sitting since, as I
Try to chill.). :bang:

stark1,
Top Bottom