Alpine 2020/2021 - Induction Heater

LabPong

$80 is the reason why I would open it!

a lipo with a connector is the other! :wink:

FROM YESTERDAY:

We wanted to reach out and keep you updated in regards to your Alpine 2020 Induction Heater!

A confirmed delivery date of the 18th has been given to us. With this we wanted to provide an updated timeline on what to expect!

Starting with the arrival of the Alpines:

Thursday 18th : Expected Arrival / QC Inspection

Fri - Sat 19th - 20th : Start shipments , finish engravings etc..

Monday 22nd : Finish Shipments

We want to apologize again for the delay! We will be working hard to get these out to you as soon as possible! Thank you for your continued patiences

I knew it would come into play here.....so I did not order engraving....my shipping hopefully will be on the 19th! I know I know.....first vape world problems....just for 3 days faster. :geek:

Last edited:

TommyDee

Vaporitor
I knew I'd seen this and now,having taken a better look, they did optimize the IH circuit. It uses a separate BMS and same connector as the PSM for the battery.
I know this is a prototype image but some of those power wires look a bit under-sized. That could prove to be a plus.

3s4gs8jhdky41.jpg

TommyDee,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

rvarick

So what are we thinking, did the Alpines arrive today to allow for QC and shipping to follow over the weekend?

thunderstealer1337

who knows, he posted today that his team is focusing on this: we will be working on completing all round 1 apex items (buckets, atomizers etc..) by tomorrow!

I agree with previous poster that the preorder for this alpine is definitely not a priority vs their preorder versa.... I mean there is like 100 updates comments from the maker about it, and we got 2 updates about the alpine so far.

hoping they ship by next week, my caldron has moved from customs too so its like which one will arrive first?

Thunderstealer1337,

rvarick

This latest update for those who haven’t seen it yet is now these aren’t arriving to the company itself until 6/25, which would mean customers wouldn’t have until July. That’s if everything works out with what sounds like an inconsistent operation being run there.

I went ahead and cancelled my order. The continued delays can be expected, but the lacking, always after-the-fact updates just aren’t acceptable. I also suspect Alpine customers have been getting secondary treatment to the other product launch ongoing.

Last edited:

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Might as well start collecting them here...

#3!
Hi TommyDee

We were expecting an update yesterday as far as getting your Alpines into our warehouse and shipped out to you guys!

We did initially get an update that our flight arrived in LA! Only later to be notified that our packages seemingly missed the flight out!?

What does this mean!?

The courier flies out of Hong Kong every Thursday night (arrives in Los Angeles on Friday). Our packages were not put on this flight as was intended. The shipment of the Alpines is now scheduled for the next flight out, Thursday, June 25th.

With the current status, we are delaying our timeline to Tuesday, June 30th for the initial orders and proceeding from there. We expect it to take 2 to 3 days total to fulfill all the shipments from our warehouse.

Let's try to clear up some questions and run through the scenarios together:

Why are we being notified now instead of earlier?

A: Unfortunately, with the current shipping situation we are unable to use standard methods such as DHL or UPS, due to the large size of our shipments. We are using a logistics company that is usually very reliable but, unfortunately does not provide any kind of tracking. It is based on a once a week flight.

What does this mean for people who paid for upgraded shipping!?

A: You may utilize your upgraded shipping still or opt for a refund on the shipping!

I do not think I can wait anymore / this is getting ridiculous. How can I get a refund?

A: We totally agree and understand! For those who are just as tired of waiting, we of course will process a refund for you as soon as you request. (If only we could ship as fast as we can refund.)

I sent in my engraving image and never heard back!

A: No worries! We only would email back if your engraving is not able to be done. This is very rare, and I would not expect to receive this message. If you would simply like to confirm feel free to message us and let us know your order #!

What if I was offered a complimentary engraving but I missed the engraving deadline?

A: If you were offered a complimentary engraving, we would be happy to accept your engraving still! Simply send an email to info@thesourcev.com with “Engraving - your order number” as the subject and your choice in the body of the email our support team will take care of it!

Will it be worth the Wait?

A:
Yes!

Any functioning and finished stand-alone IH is worth $99 even if it takes a year to get here. I figure it's an investment. It'll get here when it gets here. This is like depending on Alaskan bush pilots. Here's the schedule and here's the load-factor. Do the math.

Last edited:
TommyDee,

fatbiker

I also received the 3rd Update on the Alpine. I was bummed to learn that there are further delays. Not sure when to actually expect this to be delivered. I was optimistic but am growing skeptical.

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Learning curve/growing pains - They're in this for the long haul. They have every incentive to come to terms with these delays. The fact that we get updates at all is a positive sign for me. They did offer a refund and if you got a good power brick, you probably get a refund and a Fluxer Flix within a week. Or just buy a Flix too. I'm temped to have both.

Realizing they designed their own board and went through the process of making Alpine 2020 a product, I have confidence that we could see more from Toggengear in the way of IH related products.

BTW; Source Vapes and ToggenGear are not one and the same that I can tell. Source Vapes appears to be a willing distributor to facilitate ToggenGear to reach a market. Am I off on this somehow?

Last edited:
TommyDee,

purpletweed

BTW; Source Vapes and ToggenGear are not one and the same that I can tell. Source Vapes appears to be a willing distributor to facilitate ToggenGear to reach a market. Am I off on this somehow?

They’re both owned by the same guy — Randall — so I believe while they’re not literally the same they effectively are.

thunderstealer1337

They are in LA officially! Submitted the docs to clear customs last nights hoping for a quick update today and then get them in my hands! 😎

Also owner posted a video up on reddit, about 9 secs for heatup from a cold ss tip - this is much more exciting for my uses, then my 3-4 sec clicking caldron!

Thunderstealer1337,

thunderstealer1337

Super excited to finally end the wait! Alpines have cleared all regulatory agencies and are now on there way to Vegas! I appreciate everyone who has stuck it out with us and I am anxious to get these mini dudes out!

More content coming this weekend!

looks like they have cleared customs and are on the way to him meow

thunderstealer1337,

rnartian

Earthling flora is... fascinating.
I didn't find out about this until it was up to 150 and I'm so sad about it lol the pre-order price sounds like it was great, too.

rnartian,

Gonz

I didn't find out about this until it was up to 150 and I'm so sad about it lol the pre-order price sounds like it was great, too.
I wouldn't worry too much. They should have shipped a month ago. We should get the magic email today or tomorrow, confirming postage, but for the meantime it's just making me anxious and a little worried :bang:

SatanLovestoVape

They have been flooding their Instagram lately with shipments ready to go. Yet, I still haven't received an updated email this week. Hopefully the next email they send out will be tracking details.

SatanLovestoVape,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
There is a discount code SV20 for 20% off. But i dont think that code is going anywhere since its been running even before that IH was available from what i see ,,so i would rather wait and see what others have to say :).

Last edited:

floribud

Just got my shipping email too (but then got confused that I had to go back to OldFuckcombustion. A busy week at work, no time for FC and the everything changes back to a new old normal)

Anyway it's shipping from Vegas in case your interested. That probably means 4 or 5 days for me. You West Coast people enjoy!

fatbiker

The only email I received is a damn promo code. I was told the first shipment will have a limited quantity and not all of the pre orders will be fulfilled. God only knows when the second shipment will arrive and be sent out to customers. Hopefully be Labor Day.

Top Bottom