Alpine 2020/2021 - Induction Heater

Mono Loco

I got my Alpine 2020 today! Am I the first??? I DID order pretty early, as SOON as I read about the pre-order sale.
Also, I did not opt for any free engraving. I LOVE the chassis and the heat-up time seems about perfect for me.
It's awesome ... I like it way better than the Dental Heater I was using. For being one of the first 20 customers, I also got a free gift ...
... a bonus Car Cigarette Lghter-Plug power cord ... WooHoo! Don't hate me too much for making all this up, though.
I'm looking forward to writing all the above when it's actually true! This was just a test-run.

TommyDee

Vaporitor
How did it feel @Mono Loco , to post such a post? Was it everything you were hoping for? Please contribute a full review of the experience. We, and I, thank you. :cool:

TommyDee,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

fatbiker

I got my Alpine 2020 today! Am I the first??? I DID order pretty early, as SOON as I read about the pre-order sale.
Also, I did not opt for any free engraving. I LOVE the chassis and the heat-up time seems about perfect for me.
It's awesome ... I like it way better than the Dental Heater I was using. For being one of the first 20 customers, I also got a free gift ...
... a bonus Car Cigarette Lghter-Plug power cord ... WooHoo! Don't hate me too much for making all this up, though.
I'm looking forward to writing all the above when it's actually true! This was just a test-run.

Did you receive a notification via email that it was shipped?
I still have not received an email stating it’s delayed.

fatbiker,

fatbiker

My torch broke a few weeks back. I didn't replace it in anticipation of receiving this IH. Well, that was a mistake. I ordered the Flix so we will see which arrives first. I hope we get an update on the heater soon......

acstorfer

Take My Money Dammit!
I just received from source

Hi AdaM,

We wanted to reach out and keep you updated in regards to your Alpine 2020Induction Heater!

A confirmed delivery date of the 18th has been given to us. With this we wanted to provide an updated timeline on what to expect!

Starting with the arrival of the Alpines:

Thursday 18th : Expected Arrival / QC Inspection

Fri - Sat 19th - 20th : Start shipments , finish engravings etc..

Monday 22nd : Finish Shipments

We want to apologize again for the delay! We will be working hard to get these out to you as soon as possible! Thank you for your continued patiences

acstorfer,

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
Opening your device does not void a warranty in the US, no matter how a manufacturer attempts to rewrite the law.

I think that's the same in the EU, but good luck fighting with a company about it. It's just a bad concept coupling non-user replacable batteries with such warranty rules.

thunderstealer1337

Opening your device does not void a warranty in the US, no matter how a manufacturer attempts to rewrite the law.
Whatever you have been smoking i need some of it plz

Interesting, i thought china was doing engravings since they had a issue with mine awhile back....

Guess stateside is now engraving???
Whatever, glad we got a update at least.

Thunderstealer1337,

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Yep, looks like before the end of the month - if all goes according to plan.

Hi TommyDee,

We wanted to reach out and keep you updated in regards to your Alpine 2020 Induction Heater!

A confirmed delivery date of the 18th has been given to us. With this we wanted to provide an updated timeline on what to expect!

Starting with the arrival of the Alpines:

Thursday 18th : Expected Arrival / QC Inspection

Fri - Sat 19th - 20th : Start shipments , finish engravings etc..

Monday 22nd : Finish Shipments

We want to apologize again for the delay! We will be working hard to get these out to you as soon as possible! Thank you for your continued patiences

What could go wrong :rolleyes: It just has to arrive on schedule from China and that is very reliable with tracking and honest brokers. So the 18th is a good 'dock date'. Customs delays? That may get interesting. QC - With China's excellent record of delivering quality product from the get go is infamous worldwide. No worries here. Of course they tested every unit thoroughly before it left the manufacturing plant. It is just part of doing good business. Start shipping and finish engraving - Nothing can go wrong here. This is what automation promised us. A simple bing, bang, boom, and on it goes to USPS. What could possibly go wrong with this simple 3-step process? What :disgust:

:razz:
Bing; "Damn things don't work!"
Bang; "Someone hosed all the laser files - and ran them!"
Boom; "Face-saving recovery plan."​

Last edited:

Mono Loco

I'm almost feeling like I'm being dared, as in "Go ahead ... I DARE Ya' to open it". Not that there's an argument here, but rather an interesting discussion, but the matter is making me really wanna' open one up now! ???????? Is the battery pack hardwired or does it have pluggable connectors?, How are the components secured? How is the overall build quality? Common board or unique? Easy-to-swap LED color? Does a siren go off, or is there a remote transmitter that sends an alert signal to Source Vapes if the chassis is breeched?

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
And this is why companies think they can do it. You let them.

I think in the IH world the Alpine is the only device with such a warranty term, hence I just stay away from this product. Because while a lawyer might help me to claim my actual warranty, it's just not the way I'd like to interact with a company. I also think it's a stronger message for a company just not to buy from them.

Does a siren go off, or is there a remote transmitter that sends an alert signal to Source Vapes if the chassis is breeched?

Most likely some kind of seal will indicate you having opened the case.

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Legally it is not stated as a 'limited warranty' and therefore you have an active 'implied warranty'. That is what I got from reading some of the text.

I'm still looking forward to receiving this. It has class on the outside.

@Mono Loco - the insides are nearly identical to PSM. How refined the stuffing is the open question.

TommyDee,

thunderstealer1337

And this is why companies think they can do it. You let them.
That is not the point, my point is everyone does it - weird warranty rules/stipulations, and ultimately its up to the consumer to spend $ to prove otherwise..... but its literally a industry standard practice, right now your posts reads as of your just trying to sour the competition since your a "manufacturer", well checking post #47 its working.

Guessing your gonna have a IH for sale?

Thunderstealer1337,
Top Bottom