• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

All Glass Path without herb in your mouth

Hello,
I have been researching portable vapes with an all glass path that are easy to clean. Arizer Solo ll and Firefly 2+ seem to come up as 2 that fit the bill. However both seem to have an issue with allowing little bits of weed into your mouth. I feel like if you're sucking weed into your mouth, you're probably sucking a little bit into your lungs which, of course, is a deal breaker for me. The Solo has a screen which restricts air flow even more apparently. Please any recommendations or help in finding such a device where that wouldn't be an issue or that can dispute, with experience, either of these 2 complaints? Thanks so much, I appreciate it.

charlie2000,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Hello,
I have been researching portable vapes with an all glass path that are easy to clean. Arizer Solo ll and Firefly 2+ seem to come up as 2 that fit the bill. However both seem to have an issue with allowing little bits of weed into your mouth. I feel like if you're sucking weed into your mouth, you're probably sucking a little bit into your lungs which, of course, is a deal breaker for me. The Solo has a screen which restricts air flow even more apparently. Please any recommendations or help in finding such a device where that wouldn't be an issue or that can dispute, with experience, either of these 2 complaints? Thanks so much, I appreciate it.

There are a great many vapes that use glass stems as the vapor path, among them: Arizers, Fury/Edge, Tinymight, RBT vapes, Lamart vapes, MistVapes, and logs (plug in) though Firefly does not so not sure why that is in your example with Solo...

It is best to use a steel mesh basket screen, although I wish all glass stems were more effective, I would prefer that, but the trade-offs often make them not so useful unfortunately...

There are other vapes that don't use glass, like Tafée Bowle, that are very effective designs. You can also look into using filters and mouthpieces or glass stems to avoid any crumbs in your mouth regardless of screens.

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: LesPlenty

GoldenBud

Solo II the air does get in from the 12V port. it's not 100% clean airpath
you can buy an E43, just the glass WPA? (elev8r)
or any log? but running on a bubbler as mentioned - go screenless?
i agree screens sux.
imho, especially with vaping at home, the screen can really be a pain in the ass. I like my HI log with Solo II WPA without a screen, for now, but I will need to clean the bubbler every day or so. pluses and minuses all over.....

because at home you FORGET your weed on the screen.. and... it needs cleaning.. etc'..

basket screens are great! the ABV won't become sticky on these....

edit: you mentioned only portables, lol, kk - hmm... go with Impcognito (510 portable vape) imo. but if you can use it with 14mm basket. if cleaning is your wish and not inhaling any chuncks.

Last edited:
There are a great many vapes that use glass stems as the vapor path, among them: Arizers, Fury/Edge, Tinymight, RBT vapes, Lamart vapes, MistVapes, and logs (plug in) though Firefly does not so not sure why that is in your example with Solo...

It is best to use a steel mesh basket screen, although I wish all glass stems were more effective, I would prefer that, but the trade-offs often make them not so useful unfortunately...

There are other vapes that don't use glass, like Tafée Bowle, that are very effective designs. You can also look into using filters and mouthpieces or glass stems to avoid any crumbs in your mouth regardless of screens.
OK, i thought in my research that the Firefly 2+ came up as an example. I believe it uses a glass bowl but not sure about the rest of it. I know its pretty easy to clean unless you disassemble it. Anyway unless I use a water attachment, I'm not sure I'll be able to get around it. Thanks for the input, I appreciate it.

Solo II the air does get in from the 12V port. it's not 100% clean airpath
you can buy an E43, just the glass WPA? (elev8r)
or any log? but running on a bubbler as mentioned - go screenless?
i agree screens sux.
imho, especially with vaping at home, the screen can really be a pain in the ass. I like my HI log with Solo II WPA without a screen, for now, but I will need to clean the bubbler every day or so. pluses and minuses all over.....

because at home you FORGET your weed on the screen.. and... it needs cleaning.. etc'..

basket screens are great! the ABV won't become sticky on these....

edit: you mentioned only portables, lol, kk - hmm... go with Impcognito (510 portable vape) imo. but if you can use it with 14mm basket. if cleaning is your wish and not inhaling any chuncks.
Not heard of the Impcognito but will definitely look that one up, thanks so very much.

charlie2000,
Reactions: GoldenBud

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
OK, i thought in my research that the Firefly 2+ came up as an example. I believe it uses a glass bowl but not sure about the rest of it. I know its pretty easy to clean unless you disassemble it. Anyway unless I use a water attachment, I'm not sure I'll be able to get around it. Thanks for the input, I appreciate it.

Yeah it has a glass bowl, but the bottom of it is metal, and the actual vapor path is metal, flat panel, the actual glass bowl is just like around the sides, at least it was for the 1 and the 2, I have not used or seen the FF2+ in person... But I don't think it is much different in that way? It is easy to clean the vapor path because it is just wiping down the steel surfaces, cleaning the actual bowl requires turning it upside down and using an iso soaked q-tip, but then the new one has a plastic mouthpiece actually, it is removable but yeah ...

Not heard of the Impcognito but will definitely look that one up, thanks so very much.

MistVape makes the impcognito and the imp which is the same thing but a little larger, they each have their own threads in the portable section here. It requires the use of an e-cig box mod, set up temperature control, sounds intimidating but really not that hard to do... They are very simple and clean, they use glass stems with basket screens and connect to the vape using o-ring inside the wood body. There are a lot of the style of vape, but this one is nice and unique!

Vaponic huh? I'll definitely look into it as well as I have never heard of it. Thanks so much, I appreciate it.

Oh yeah MistVape also sells those, along with a similar wood 510 connection thing that screws on to the e-cig box mod, and can heat the vaponic without you needing to use a torch, more precise.

Shit Snacks,

stinkytofus

Hula stem v2, great flavor
Elev8r, great flavor

Both easy to clean, run it through hot water and then dump it into iso, cleaned in seconds

stinkytofus,

C No Ego

you can use cotton or degummed hemp fiber in most vapes to add a filter that filters particulate matter ... useully after a few uses however the glass insides of the air path become sticky from vape residue ... this sticky will grab most loose particulates after wards ... the first few seesions before it goes sticky could be of issue ... use a slower draw to slow down the rate of air transfer ETC..

C No Ego,
Reactions: Trackrat

maremaresing

I feel like "all glass airpath" is misused a lot. People start counting the airpath from the heat source, but the path the air takes to get there counts too. Things like the Cloud EVO truly do have an all glass airpath but, like others, there is always a screen. I wish they made a glass ELB for the evo, but really it's semantics at that point. An SS screen doesn't really detract from flavor or safety at all.

If you fit a glass screen in a 7th floor DBV, covered the heater with their new supercharge cover, and used a non whip attachement, that would be about the closest you could come to all glass. That, and the $30 glass "stickybrick-alike" DIY, if you used a glass screen. But then you are inhaling straight off a butane torch which is meh.

Edit: Oh yeah I keep forgetting about the elev8r

Trackrat

you can use cotton or degummed hemp fiber in most vapes to add a filter that filters particulate matter ... useully after a few uses however the glass insides of the air path become sticky from vape residue ... this sticky will grab most loose particulates after wards ... the first few seesions before it goes sticky could be of issue ... use a slower draw to slow down the rate of air transfer ETC..
I feel this is the best response to your question.

Trackrat,
Reactions: C No Ego

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Things like the Cloud EVO truly do have an all glass airpath but, like others, there is always a screen. I wish they made a glass ELB for the evo, but really it's semantics at that point. An SS screen doesn't really detract from flavor or safety at all.

Why do you wish they made a glass ELB if you don't believe a SS screen detracts from flavor or safety at all?

invertedisdead,
Reactions: Cheebsy

maremaresing

Because that's the only thing in between it and a true "all glass airpath". It's highly unnecessary, and the ELBs are really awesome.

maremaresing,

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
@maremaresing there is a difference between vapour path and air path. Arguably vapour path is most important because that's where the hot air is. It's the heat that causes materials to offgas. Obviously all glass air path is almost always desirable (except where fragility is more important).

as your say you forgot about the elev8r, you also forgot about the discontinued, but buildable glass symphony.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Because that's the only thing in between it and a true "all glass airpath". It's highly unnecessary, and the ELBs are really awesome.

But wouldn't you need to try it with a glass screen to truly see if the screen affects flavor?

The premise of an "all glass airpath" would suggest that metals do affect flavor.

But I agree that building glass screens is not an easy thing to do.

maremaresing

Like I said, it would be nice to test that theory, especially given this thread's thought experiment. But in my real life, I don't care THAT much about a small screen in an otherwise all glass air path. Heck. I love the dotleaf and it has all sorts of things in the airpath that, while safe, aren't glass.

as your say you forgot about the elev8r, you also forgot about the discontinued, but buildable glass symphony.

Doesn't the glass symphony have the heater in the airpath?

maremaresing,

hinglemccringleberry

If you're not interested in running thru water, try a mesh screen + cotton filter. Smash a little piece of organic cotton against a basket screen, stick it in the stem, screen side up. Works wonderfully with my Milaana. Only restricts the draw a little bit. There's a huge difference with and without it. Without, my throat tickles like hell and makes me cough uncontrollably. With it, it's the nicest vapor quality I've ever experienced.
Eventually that cotton gets saturated with honey, that's when it's time to change it out. Then I put that saturated piece of cotton in my Dynavap with some flower for a nice resourceful treat.

Last edited:
Top Bottom