AirVape Legacy Pro

Archibald

Yeah. I actually love using the loading tool for my Arizer EQ glass odds and ends. It's the right size to fit in an 18mm opening.

Archibald,
Reactions: seedy53

Adobewan

Really good deal on it right now. Use the code SUMMERPRO on this bundle (https://airvapeusa.com/products/legacy-pro-vacation-bundle) and you'll get the AVLP and a several accessories (including bottle the smell-proof bag and the smell-proof fanny pack) for only $269.

I've had to use mine a bunch lately, and it's been fantastic with the little recycler I got from Updog Glass.
Nice share @Archibald , that's awesome and heartbreaking. I'd have loved all those accessories with mine.
Anybody on the fence for this vape should jump in this. The accessories look great, and the vape is top-of-the-line!

squeaks

I'm on my 2nd AVLP, the first had an issue under warranty. Customer service was excellent.

I research all of my product purchases extensively. I do not have any personal use experience with other vapes.

I had difficulty for a long time in getting the heating chamber to clean. There were dark stains but it still seemed to work fine. I tried rags and paper towels with isopropyl. What finally worked was the Alcohol Prep Pad that came in the box. It is 70% isopropyl with what appears to be cloth pad - I suspect the cloth pad was able to clean better than paper or cloth rags. I was also able to clean one dosing capsule. They have strange orange coloring inside the capsule and on the bottom of the outside. The next time I used a Alcohol Prep Pad on a different dosing capsule it didn't clean it. I am perplexed. I have 1/6 clean dosing capsules.

I'll tease some future comments to say I think bluetooth and an app could be cool. All kinds of features could be useful like timers and dose tracking.

Now I'm going to rant about a part of the design which is unique which is the airpath. The airpath disk's perforations are not centered on the face. This has consequences in cleaning, and if off-center enough partial reduction in flow. I don't believe this has any significant impact on performance.

The airpath disk's function varies depending on whether the dosing capsules are used with herbs. The disk has the smallest holes of any of the airpath filters and dosing capsule. The tiny holes on the airpath disk tend to obstruct rather quickly with cannabis oil. These holes prevent herb from moving into the airpath. I see obstruction by holding the disk up to a light source like computer monitor.

The dosing capsules will sometimes adhere to the airpath disk because of the sticky substance, but this is inconsequential. What could be considered is the sealing of the dosing capsule to the heating chamber on the bottom and the airpath disk on top. I think because of the steep sides of the heating chamber, the distance between the chamber side and the dosing capsule is small enough that most airflow is through the capsule and herb. Secondly, the lip of the dosing capsule tends to seal against the airpath disk, minimizing air bypassing the capsule.

Next consider the function of the airpath disk's perforations. It has two sets of perforations, one facing the dosing capsule's lid, and one set of larger perforations around the airpath disk perimeter. The small perforations on one side and larger on the other and the large space under the rubber piece I believe helps to make the airflow mostly uniform enough through the herb. But, when the smallest perforations become blocked the device seems to continue to work just fine. In addition, crud seems to buildup on the little lip of the dosing capsule lid, indicating to me that airflow is not solely through the airpath disk's perforations, but between its edge and the dosing capsule's lid's edge.

A thing to know to understand the airflow is that the airpath disk seals against the rubber when it's almost fully tightened on the threads. I suspect but am not sure at all, that the airpath disk's smallest holes become easily clogged because not much airflow is happening to keep drawing oil through but instead it is depositing and becoming obstructed.

When drawing air, the dosing capsule pulls up against the airpath disk. You can hear it. After drawing, the capsule falls or rests into the heating chamber if the device is oriented less than vertical. I think while not taking a draw, it is probably better for the capsule to rest in the heating chamber. I did not consider this in any regular usage of the device. Even past vertical, the capsule probably rests against a side of the heating chamber bowl, which is better than nothing.

squeaks,
Reactions: cosimo
Top Bottom