AirVape Legacy Pro

seedy53

Just recently got me a second hand AVLP from a fellow forum member and I think this might be my new favorite portable along with the mighty so far. Picked up an X and the small bundle from the sales going on and looking forward to putting everything to use.
the x is not the alvp and the bundle is 4 the avlp too. i hope i'm wrong and you bought with that knowledge. no smart-ass here, just wandering if you made a mistake and got the wrong vape.?

seedy53,
Reactions: JH12

Bad News Beards

For abusing on the temperature, I have damaged the smoke screen, replaced, until the rubber support of the screen was damaged. Those things could not handle the various cleanings and sucessive high temperatures cycles. The main bigger rubber that goes on the lid doesnt handle it good as well, It starts to bend, doesnt stays in place, and starts to be sucked towards the smoke chanel, blocking it.

I have had a big problem with that rubber piece that sits on the lid warping too. I've already burned through the original plus 4 replacements and I really don't want to buy more especially since they aren't even sold separately. You have to buy them in a pack of 2 with 2 of the little metal pick tools for $10.

My lid also doesn't stay shut anymore. The protruding metal piece on the lid that closes into the body of the alp has had actually worn down from use over the years so there isn't enough there to catch onto anymore.

My battery compartment door also had a piece broke off and won't stay closed after much use (but not abuse). I have done lots of battery swaps since I use a external charger and have extra batteries.

I use it probably way more than the average owner. It's my daily driver and it's treated me well but it's definitely on its last legs. At this point I've just been trying to survive until 2.0 comes out.

Last edited:

seedy53

I have had a big problem with that rubber piece that sits on the lid warping too. I've already burned through the original plus 4 replacements and I really don't want to buy more especially since they aren't even sold separately. You have to buy them in a pack of 2 with 2 of the little metal pick tools for $10.

My lid also doesn't stay shut anymore. The protruding metal piece on the lid that closes into the body of the alp has had actually worn down from use over the years so there isn't enough there to catch onto anymore.

My battery compartment door also had a piece broke off and won't stay closed after much use (but not abuse). I have done lots of battery swaps since I use a external charger and have extra batteries.

I use it probably way more than the average owner. It's my daily driver and it's treated me well but it's definitely on its last legs. At this point I've just been trying to survive until 2.0 comes out.
the x line is being dropped, sorry.
look for avlp#2 end of year or early 25'

budski

cantre member
I've used mine almost daily for a year or so, battery door latch broke after a few months so I'm more careful swapping battery, the gold bowl is discolored, but since I don't do High heats, I've only replaced 1 lid grommet but I have 2 alps to spread the load, so they only see a couple bowls a day now that I'm lost in the dynaverse
ps always w/capsules

Last edited:

seedy53

I've used mine almost daily for a year or so, battery door latch broke after a few months so I'm more careful swapping battery, the gold bowl is discolored, but since I don't do High heats, I've only replaced 1 lid grommet but I have 2 alps to spread the load, so they only see a couple bowls a day now that I'm lost in the dynaverse
may i suggest, if you put a little acetone to dampen a clean thin cotton rag and turn the avlp upside-down you can easily rub-out the tarnished gold bowl and even the micro wheel this way, then repeat with iso on c_rag procedure (after acetone dries), then when it dries, and then do 2-3 min empty bowl burn-outs.
the avlp's gold bowl and even gold micro wheel will look brand new again and no toxic anything will be in airpath.

MHL

Try hard noob
There are so many plus points to the ALP*, it's disappointing that they're not a bit more robust IMO. A few small tweaks, and a bit less plastic, and it would be the vape to end all vapes.

* wireless charging, the best dosing caps I've used, removable everything, quick heat up (on a low power battery), great display, nice form factor

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
There are so many plus points to the ALP*, it's disappointing that they're not a bit more robust IMO. A few small tweaks, and a bit less plastic, and it would be the vape to end all vapes.

* wireless charging, the best dosing caps I've used, removable everything, quick heat up (on a low power battery), great display, nice form factor
Agreed. It's a great vape with a few shortcomings. Let's not forget it had session AND on-demand modes long before it was sexy to have both.

My recipe for the ideal AVLP 2.0 is: Replace PEEK with ceramic and make it easier to clean. Slightly beefier battery and slightly larger bowl. Boom. Perfect.

MHL

Try hard noob
I got mine for about £160 ($200 ish), so it's also one of the best value devices out there, as well as one of the best performers IMO... maybe the TM2 just pips it.

I wouldn't mind it having a 21700, with better closures (battery/main door) and I could go for a sturdier mouthpiece fitting too. I'd keep 80% of the ALP, but steal a few points from the firefly to make it prettier and easier to clean. Make the chassis aluminium with panelling options (carbon fiber, wood, canvas, etc).

Not really sure what the difference between peek and ceramic would be, but you clearly know your shit so I'll add that to my wishlist too.

nicanaca0

I’d love the button moving to a more comfy location too. I never use on-demand mode because it’s just so awkward 😅

Edit: I’d also like the shutoff timer function tweaking, I feel like I have to consciously keep the device moving. Running on a water piece or with a diy whip is annoying so I don’t bother anymore.

kegstandman420

My avlp door hinge is definitely wonky. I have to press down on the bowl side of the vape to keep a bunch of air seeping in through the door and not the bowl. I do use it with capsules and have taken all the screens out. The silicone on the top door stays but I'm not sure if not having the wheel in is whats letting more air in. I've also noticed that my v1 caps hit way harder than the v2 caps.

kegstandman420,
Reactions: seedy53

seedy53

My avlp door hinge is definitely wonky. I have to press down on the bowl side of the vape to keep a bunch of air seeping in through the door and not the bowl. I do use it with capsules and have taken all the screens out. The silicone on the top door stays but I'm not sure if not having the wheel in is whats letting more air in. I've also noticed that my v1 caps hit way harder than the v2 caps.
i find it so strange that we have several different users saying the same thing, all in a week or two period.
i've owned a og model over a 1.5 years and the steam punk about 1 year and my doors are still perfect. i go a little over-board using and maintaining my 2 avlps. i know the door design, could be better and airvape acknowledge it could be better,too.
as far as i know the door does not leak air and the problem is mostly cosmetic. i bet the upgrade avlp-2 door weak point will be fixed.
however, my avlp doors work perfectly, because i take precautions and realize the door hinge can be easy to damaged.

Sue Narmy

Still loving my Legacy Pro.
Still works great but does have cosmetic damage. The black paint has started to wear off and now has silver patches.
Also the door doesn’t close properly so I have to squeeze it to stop it sounding airy.

seedy53

Still loving my Legacy Pro.
Still works great but does have cosmetic damage. The black paint has started to wear off and now has silver patches.
Also the door doesn’t close properly so I have to squeeze it to stop it sounding airy.
pictures?

seedy53,

budski

cantre member
very little in my opinion, the gold Definatley tastses better than other vapes stainless steel capsules and are way easier to reload

budski,

seedy53

very little in my opinion, the gold Definatley tastses better than other vapes stainless steel capsules and are way easier to reload
i read somewhere you cannot taste gold. but i thought the same as you. so i'm not sure. love to see the science on the budski gold vs stainless statement.:hmm::bang::sherlock:

seedy53,

budski

cantre member
I can definitely say the gold coating sheds avb better than stainless, I guess taste is subjective.

budski,
Reactions: seedy53

Archibald

Really good deal on it right now. Use the code SUMMERPRO on this bundle (https://airvapeusa.com/products/legacy-pro-vacation-bundle) and you'll get the AVLP and a several accessories (including bottle the smell-proof bag and the smell-proof fanny pack) for only $269.

I've had to use mine a bunch lately, and it's been fantastic with the little recycler I got from Updog Glass.

Top Bottom