AirVape Legacy Pro

budski

cantre member
the delta3d inserts are great, he makes one for the potv tightvac containers too
53306351909_dc1e55967e_o.jpg

Andjoe

Soooo @Gary-Airvape, with the recent addition of the Solo 3 to the premium vape game, I am now even more curious about what you have in store next! It's been a few months since you have posted about it's existence, but I wonder if you can tease out any more info about your upcoming portable?

seedy53

Soooo @Gary-Airvape, with the recent addition of the Solo 3 to the premium vape game, I am now even more curious about what you have in store next! It's been a few months since you have posted about it's existence, but I wonder if you can tease out any more info about your upcoming portable?
i think Gary said they were working on legacy pro 2 but until the filled the pre-orders and the first batch of ensoshisha desktop/portable vaporizer, they were not saying more than they are trying to have the new avlp-2 by end of year for it's public launch. i could be wrong through

Last edited:

Andjoe

As we wait for the next AirVape, I’d like to acknowledge one thing the Legacy Pro doesn’t get enough appreciation for is its size. All the current top tier vapes are quite a bit larger and don’t cool vapor natively as efficiently.

seedy53

public notice:
the fc mods shutdown the 'up and coming vaporizer' sub called 'Airvape Enso' forum until Airvape's new ensoshisha vaporizer release/ship date.

I hope this vape is as small as the AVLP. The hard hitters are now getting bigger. Venty, Solo 3, I consider the AVLP as the best all in one vape, meaning no extra mouthpiece or having to remove the chamber. All you bring is the AVLP and flower. Works well with all kinds of grind consistency and it is fast to heat up. What’s great about it as well is that you technically can have a flat mouthpiece having the vape look more like a power bank for discreet on the go.

Dr. G

Old Resident
I love the way the ALP looks...with a sea of plastic and wood vapes ALP has an elegance that others do not have. The Steampunk model is my favorite. When you open the lid its really beautiful inside. The flavor is very nice. Small, convenient...capsules, stir tool. Wonderful customer service.

budski

cantre member
agreed! I love my steampunks. Hard to to pull off a unique aesthetic in this field that's not over the top in some way and still be one of the best portables available.

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
As we wait for the next AirVape, I’d like to acknowledge one thing the Legacy Pro doesn’t get enough appreciation for is its size. All the current top tier vapes are quite a bit larger and don’t cool vapor natively as efficiently.
Totally agree here. Not only do they make great use of the glass for cooling but the two 90deg bends in the vapor path help out in a big way as well. Yeah, they're harder to clean but worth it. Ceramic flattened mouthpiece. Classy.

Couple this with how versatile it is with all types of grinds and even concentrates, and the overall great taste in such a small package. Does on-demand and session. Wireless charging....

I'm hoping the new Airvape will stay small too but perhaps use 21700 batteries to power the new heater.

Dr. G

Old Resident
Totally agree here. Not only do they make great use of the glass for cooling but the two 90deg bends in the vapor path help out in a big way as well. Yeah, they're harder to clean but worth it. Ceramic flattened mouthpiece. Classy.

Couple this with how versatile it is with all types of grinds and even concentrates, and the overall great taste in such a small package. Does on-demand and session. Wireless charging....

I'm hoping the new Airvape will stay small too but perhaps use 21700 batteries to power the new heater.
This vape is truly amazing and the customer service is ace and now, please with the new design (whenever that is)...please make better airflow...that is the only thing its competitors have an edge on this ...a complete open airflow would be just amazing. Please Gary...

Last edited:

seedy53

This vape is truly amazing and the customer service is ace and now, please with the new design (whenever that is)...please make better airflow...that is the only thing its competitors have an edge on this ...a complete open airflow would be just amazing. Please Gary...
avlp is wide open now, no way to close -off the the nose screen, no adjustment.
there are internal choke points (right angles) for adding cooling and resin deposit filtering.
if you go full straight airflow, you will sacrifice taste, flavor, and some heat absorption.
i hope they don't change it's size and their cool flavor chasing reputation.
these are just my thoughts. i just thought, i'd throw-um out there. lol
a good topic for further discussion?

seedy53,
Reactions: budski

Tonyscoop

I Love my AVLP…I’ve only had it a few months and I’ve finally got my routine down thanks to everyone who gave me pointers in this forum…the 310-340 degree range on sesh mode works very well with the capsules+lids. The heat increases slowly throughout the session, which really helps bring out the flavor and terps. It helps medium ground flower vaporize inside the cap from bottom up. Maybe a capsule design that allows better airflow through it which can be flipped over between sessions would help avoid stirring it in between. The oven shape would need to be less deep and a bit larger for newly engineered capsules with lids.
The small, oval filter and gasket is only needed if you use fine grind or no lids and don’t mind cleaning the filter and that area with an alcohol-wipe after each session. Otherwise take it out, and clean the whole device out once a week…use a pipe cleaner carefully, moistened with alcohol…and do not force it…flashlights really help!
The only problem I can see is the door becoming loose in the future after even gentle use…the next version needs a better locking mech.

Tonyscoop,
Reactions: seedy53

seedy53

I Love my AVLP…I’ve only had it a few months and I’ve finally got my routine down thanks to everyone who gave me pointers in this forum…the 310-340 degree range on sesh mode works very well with the capsules+lids. The heat increases slowly throughout the session, which really helps bring out the flavor and terps. It helps medium ground flower vaporize inside the cap from bottom up. Maybe a capsule design that allows better airflow through it which can be flipped over between sessions would help avoid stirring it in between. The oven shape would need to be less deep and a bit larger for newly engineered capsules with lids.
The small, oval filter and gasket is only needed if you use fine grind or no lids and don’t mind cleaning the filter and that area with an alcohol-wipe after each session. Otherwise take it out, and clean the whole device out once a week…use a pipe cleaner carefully, moistened with alcohol…and do not force it…flashlights really help!
The only problem I can see is the door becoming loose in the future after even gentle use…the next version needs a better locking mech.
2+ years of heavy use, my door is good.
secret-- never let the door drop below 90 degree to open point. don't let door over-extend.
i support my door open position with my raise weed prep pan or hold it open with a little box of altoids or anything that can give support.
on my steampunk unit, i never remove the little skinny oven-side screen. i clean with Japanese baby -q-tips through the glass tube hole.
the battery door mechanism is very fragile i have replace 2 doors with new ones.

seedy53,

Dr. G

Old Resident
I think there is room for improvement on the airflow...they did improve it already...but, a bit more would do me good. I sometimes loose my breath trying to inhale. Somedays I am just not able...when I try the Venty its all open and easy for me. I wish that ALP had just a bit more ease...I love everything about it truly. I am a really big fan.

Top Bottom