AirVape Legacy Pro

StringTheorista

Gary - make the lids top and bottom more obvious. A mark? A logo? Something? I have to squint and look every time to see if they’re upside down or just not catching the threads.
Top side has a bump around the tool slot, bottom (inside) is flat. That’s how I’ve been tracking them, easier than searching for threaded side

thx1138

My capsules came today and five out of six were (not so easily) opened. The sixth one is absolutely frozen and unless I bend the metal its made of, well forget about it. While I do consider five out of six a success, I had to use a technique that I don't think was mentioned here yet.

The capsules would not open to begin with, until I used a pair of thin rubber surgical gloves that are left over from the early pandemic. The gloves are those really thin ones that many of us bought in bulk packages of say, 500 in a box. These gloves gave me a grip on both the top and bottom of the capsules that I could not even remotely obtain by bare skin alone. Only one of the capsules would open with bare skin, the other four would not budge until I tried the surgical gloves.

My criticism - the threads on the capsules are way too fine. Thicker threads that require a half turn at most would be far more user friendly and able to be opened and closed often. The threading would also last longer IME with other threaded devices and machined parts. The threading on these capsules is so fine I am not surprised to find it catching and remaining frozen. Unless we are throwing the capsules around or something, there is no need for this much threading on such a small piece of machined metal that we will fill, place in containers for later, or place directly in the oven IMHO.

I am happy to have received my capsules today, and five out of six opening (try surgical gloves for grip) is a success in my book. There is room for improvement in manufacturing. Maybe they can be sent out in a packet, unscrewed as 12 loose pieces so we can put them together ourselves. We don't really need them to come pre-screwed together in a little cardboard packet that has no longevity to it. The presentation in a packet should take a back seat to getting a full compliment of six usable capsules. Many of us have found nearly all or half of the capsules being unusable, perhaps due to machine that torqued them too tight when producing them (I assume a machine was used to do so).
Get rid of the super fine threads! Thank you @Gary-Airvape and Airvape too!

Last edited:

Ronnie2

Man got my caps today was beyond excited and man these threads are way to tiny. It’s a nightmare to try to close. Didn’t have much issues opening mine using the tool but all the time and effort to close is really frustrating. Has anyone found a good approach to closing these dam things.

Making the threads much thicker and less turning would make for an overall better experience.

The thing I liked about the device was ease and quickness of use but all the cleanup made me stop using it as much. Then with the capsules being so hard to close I’m not seeing myself wanting to use them as much. I wish they were easier to open and close the purpose for me for capsules is to improve ease of use and clean up and with difficulty closing feels like it doesn’t live up to my expectations which really sucks because I love the device.

someTooL

Snap cap design would have went better with this shallow design.

Agree with others that the threads are way too small.

From my perspective these are currently a no buy. Only decreases my enjoyment in using the device. A very nice device.

Will wait to see how this settles out, but in the worse case maybe I can use the lids as a topper :doh:

Lholding26

Well.. I was cleaning my unit for the first time. One of the qtip heads that the manufacture sent came right off in the small area below the gold screen and I cannot get it out. covered in ISO. Does that rubber piece that touches the glass air tube come out? Any suggestions? Thank you

SkyBucket

Well.. I was cleaning my unit for the first time. One of the qtip heads that the manufacture sent came right off in the small area below the gold screen and I cannot get it out. covered in ISO. Does that rubber piece that touches the glass air tube come out? Any suggestions? Thank you
Look back just a page or two. Someone had trouble. They were recommended Gum cleaning brushes. It sounded like in the end they used a curved syringe of ISO in the small oval hole and a wad of paper towel near the battery area to catch the liquid.

Good luck.

SkyBucket,
Reactions: Dr. G

OyVape

Well, I just tried my capsules. 2 finaly opened after 5-10minutes of struggling and dropping about 20 times. Then they wouldn’t close. 4 wouldn’t open at all.
This is not acceptable.

seedy53

Well, I just tried my capsules. 2 finally opened after 5-10minutes of struggling and dropping about 20 times. Then they wouldn’t close. 4 wouldn’t open at all.
This is not acceptable.
post a video plse

seedy53,

someTooL

Don’t get me wrong, the capsules are made of nice material and machined rather well. All of mine opened with a little playing. Just not the convenience I was hoping they would deliver.

I’m sure the designers were excited to add such an enhancement (threaded pods) to a great device. Just doesn’t seem to have been tested for feedback.

FrenchSmitty

Hi everyone!

Received my ALP and Air Bubbles today. I gotta say I’m quite impressed with the device. It’s definitely an upgrade from my aging Arizer Solo. The dc’s we’re a little on the tight side but I was able to open all 6. I’ve used it 3 times already (all with dc’s) and I’m overall quite pleased and don’t regret my purchase at all.

French

https://ibb.co/Z235KzQ

ld

Finally arrived, I was ready to deal with any issues after reading everyone’s experiences. All of them open and close which I’m able to do by hand. I find not tightening them makes it easier, no reason to worry about spillage and all you’re going to do is replace and refill it.

I have always been a micro-doser and Dynavap fit the bill but I always look for anything new that would work. I was only using on-demand and it was a pain with the continuous hold button, I have now switched to session mode and I usually take 3-long slow hits and turn it off appx 1-minute into the session. I then step up temp and take 3-more and then a 3rd before repeating. I think it saves some extra heat overall since there is only one warmup cycle.

I look forward to the next accessory they come up with. I’m thrilled with this vape.

Luckily I have the Ghost crucible too!

vandalizedbythelotus

All 6 capsules work perfectly for me. I like that they are threaded. I have so many bent S&B caps that get thrown away.
the S&B caps don't bend because they are unthreaded tho, but because they are made of very thin, soft metal. this however translates to ease of use (snap on) and high performance (fast heat transfer).

on the opposite side of the spectrum are the ALP caps not only threaded (not needed in this case IMO) but with very fine, easy to damage threading, and so much wall thickess they have a noticeable negative impact on performance (slower heat transfer).

a good middle ground are xmax caps for example, with a reasonably thin wall but made of harder metal. snap on.

@Gary-Airvape please decrease wall thickness and make future caps with snap on lids instead of threaded, this should increase ease of use and performance while decreasing cost and tolerance requirement. if threads are a must, at least make them wider, 180deg turn ideally.
also slightly increasing the height of the top circle may improve airflow and help differetiate lid top from bottom. a segment can be cut in the higher circle now to lock the pick tool in place on the lid for ez turning. thank you!

Last edited:

SkyBucket

no, @Gary-Airvape please don't decrease the wall thickness and please don't completely move away from a threaded design. Thank you very much.

so far, I don’t mind the thickness. The threads need a redesign or revision. Can they be slightly more coarse threads but only 1/4 turn or something?

SkyBucket,
Reactions: Stoneager

vandalizedbythelotus

no, @Gary-Airvape please don't decrease the wall thickness and please don't completely move away from a threaded design. Thank you very much.
i actually argumented my request. care to explain why the current design shouldn't be updated?
seems to me the feedback here is mostly negative relating to threading and performance.

edit: a thinner cap wall should make the ALP perform closer to how it was designed, not requiring bumping up temps as much or longer draws to compensate for the thicker wall. surely it can be reduced without compromising integrity, IMO it could be halved. the basket part wall thickenss matters more, since that's what is delaying the heater.

@Okla68 i'm not asking for a decrease in quality, just an increase in performance and ease of use(thinner wall, snap-on or wider thread) which should also decrease manufacturing cost and cut defects rate. win-win for everyone no?

Last edited:
vandalizedbythelotus,

Okla68

@Gary-Airvape ...Opposed to a lot of folk in here, I Like the DC's the way they are. The intricacy of them adds to the overall Specialty of this device. I like the idea that not every Tom, Dick and Harry can operate it to its fullest. I know that goes against the bottom line of the business, but....some folks buy a watch to just tell the time or for Fashion. I prefer a Rolex or Tag Heuer because of their superior craftsmanship along with the obvious of keeping time. In this world of dime a dozen Vaporizers, IMO, the ALP is in the Rolex category of Portables !
Again, thats just Selfish Me !!

I think they need to add a disclaimer on the bubble page that the case included is just cardboard or just do away with that photo of the packaging all together. The way everything is presented currently is a little misleading. It's the only product on their website that has the disposable packaging as part of the product photo and they make it look like it's a permanent case. The mockup photos show the case being beefier/thicker walls than the disposable cardboard one that actually shipped. My friend that I turned onto the ALP texted me when his package arrived because he was so disappointed about the cardboard and it seems like it caught more than a few people in here off guard too.

thx1138

all of the different perspectives provide a great resource for future revisions, nothing is perfect the first time around
I see somewhat of a consensus building that the threading is too fine, and the screw on radius does not need to be greater than 180 degrees. All together though, this is a great addition to the ALP, and a good first iteration of the capsules. I am glad I bought them. I also agree with @Bad News Beards that the packaging is a waste of time. I still think they could send them out as 12 separate pieces that we can screw together w/o the loss of a capsule or two due to being frozen together by a machine in manufacturing.

SkyBucket

So what's the consensus, are the caps worth it for most people or?
I think it’ll depend on your dexterity and patience. I think I’m going to really like them. I’ve used them maybe 4 times so far. They’re a little finicky and hard to grip when screwing and unscrewing but I still like them. I also think it’ll probably be worth it because the device will stay much cleaner which was my main motivator.

Gonzo_

Definitely worth it to me. Without them the ALP isn't usable to me because it just gets too messy and isn't portable to me. The caps are a little finicky because of the threads but they've moved the ALP to the top of my rotation.

In my opinion, dosing caps will be the future of vapes (especially for micro dosing). I don't use any of my vapes anymore that don't have that as an option...it's just too easy to preload a few DC's and easily be mobile.

Short answer, the dosing caps are important (a requirement IMO) for a good portable vape. If you have functioning ones, they are worth it for ease of portable use. I at least have two I can use pretty reliably thus far.

If Airvape sends me more fully functioning ones that don't tear into my skin to open by hand using the tool, or break/bend while attempting to open using the tool I'll at least be content. Even the ones I got open are way to easy to either cross-thread or put the cap on backwards. I have large/strong hands, but not the most dexterous fingers and these are definitely the most inconvenient dosing caps I've encountered...they look pretty though. :)

The support is nice, now that they have responded, but it has taken a back and forth of 4 or so emails over the past day, and I'm not even certain new caps will be sent out until I send a video of me messing with them, so who knows. I did send photo with the original email. Just want 6 functioning caps and to be done emailing back and forth.

Top Bottom