AirVape Legacy Pro

EarthworldTim

Airvape will send you another mouthpiece out if you reach out to them..
Personally i haven't touched my Dynas since getting the LP, Dyna tastes like shit in comparison and is not as strong in the effects department.
Yeah I literally got the package as I was heading out on vacation. I was aware of the mouthpiece issue but I was still surprised with how loose it is.

As far as taste I think that's a little harsh on the dynas given the lack of nuanced temp control compared to say the Pro. I wouldn't consider dynas an ideal candidate for flavor chasing. My point was ease of use and the fact that I was wishing I had gone with an option that required an additional device(wand) larger than the Pro.

Again, part of this I recognize as inexperience with the device itself and I know getting something dialed in can be all the difference, not giving up.

The charging issue sounds like a warranty item
Yeah I've tried a ton of cables and outlets now so I'm afraid this is the solution.

EarthworldTim,

Gary-Airvape

Manufacturer
@Gary-Airvape hiya. does the 30% code work for accessories?
nope, It's just for the PRO. For the Accessories, the best deal is 20% if you are willing to leave a lux review. Info on the product page.
or AIRtwentyone gives you 21% on the full order, but the minimum order value needs to be over 150 USD

greenpager

My vacation experience with the legacy pro this weekend was quite underwhelming. I almost lost the mouthpiece multiple times because the slightest tap can dislodge it. I got it mostly for on demand when I'm out and that seemed to work well enough, flavor is good, cook a little uneven but likely due to lack of experience so I take responsibility for that. I also would imagine session or a combo of session to on demand would be more even, dabbled with the latter but haven't figured it yet.

Problem is that between the mess with the ground flower everywhere after you open it to empty and the mouthpiece that wants to escape I found myself just wanting my dyna and wand for the ease. The single unit is so appealing to me but it feels almost as tedious and clunky as my firefly with flower(used these days only for concentrates now).

Last thing is that today I've attempted to charge the battery in the unit itself and it won't charge. Tried wireless, multiple C cables and outlets/adapters and no go. I have an external charger but this issue is the last straw kinda thing for a portable vape.

All that being said... I want to like it, I swear.
Not gonna lie, this is exactly the reason why I packed my V3 Pro instead of the LP. Actually, I packed them both (bc I couldn't bear to leave the LP behind) but never touched the LP during the week. In retrospect, I wanted to avoid the fallout when opening the LP post-use. That and, relative to the other device, the larger oven + difficulty microdosing steered me toward the V3 Pro and a handydandy dosing capsule routine already familiar to me.

Appreciate mention of pipe screens as a way to decrease bowl size and contain fallout. I will try this.

On the plus side, I am much pleased with the fit of the new mouthpiece. The LP is lovely. I'm just waiting patiently for introduction of the capsules, which I expect to change the game as far as my use.

Shorner

Not gonna lie, this is exactly the reason why I packed my V3 Pro instead of the LP. Actually, I packed them both (bc I couldn't bear to leave the LP behind) but never touched the LP during the week. In retrospect, I wanted to avoid the fallout when opening the LP post-use. That and, relative to the other device, the larger oven + difficulty microdosing steered me toward the V3 Pro and a handydandy dosing capsule routine already familiar to me.

Appreciate mention of pipe screens as a way to decrease bowl size and contain fallout. I will try this.

On the plus side, I am much pleased with the fit of the new mouthpiece. The LP is lovely. I'm just waiting patiently for introduction of the capsules, which I expect to change the game as far as my use.
I'm also looking forward to capsules, come on Airvape!!

kapows

Some quick tips which i will add to my review

1. Use a 15mm screen on top and use scissors to cut a tiny bit off the edge of the screen. This way, its easier to pull out with the pik tool

2. If you struggle to open the main door to the herb, leave a little bit of the black string hanging out so you can use that as leverage

3. The quickest way to exit the herb is to heat the chamber (session mode, heat to 160c or more, leave for 15 to 20 seconds after it buzzes, switch off. Then the herb will come out like a puck. Flip it over fast.

4. Deffo get the og mouthpiece and water bong from them. Wish id have known the bong is specific fit to this mp and wish id have realised the og mp is much better!

5. When the device reaches temp and buzzes, leave for an additional 15-20 seconds or so before taking a hit. Sip the first couple.

I usually go from 171c (weirdly 171 is like a magic number for me on this device) in session mode, i sip a couple quick ones then rip about two long ones

Move upto about 185c rip another one or two and the bowl is spent. Usually without stirring.

sickmanfraud

I have not used my Legacy Pro as long as many of you and I probably use it less times than many of you.

However, I have an opinion on the issue of whether the LP display is showing the same temperature as the bowl.

In On-demand mode I believe the Temperature shown on the display and the chamber temperature are about in agreement.

I believe that the added conduction is what gives many of us the feeling that the displayed temp is lower than the bowl. When I use session mode I start out about 10=15 degrees C so I avoid the taste of "overdone" cannabis.

EarthworldTim

Thanks for the insight and maybe I should consider an alternative.

I reached out to customer service and they want a video demonstration of the device charging from multiple adapters/cables. Makes me wonder if I want to jump through these kinds of hoops if I have an issue down the line, let alone with a unit that's less than a week old. I understand wanting to avoid user error costs and such but this is such a straightforward issue I can't help but feel a little bothered. Decisions...

Vapetrees

Vaped Out

I reached out to customer service and they want a video demonstration of the device charging from multiple adapters/cables. Makes me wonder if I want to jump through these kinds of hoops if I have an issue down the line, let alone with a unit that's less than a week old. I understand wanting to avoid user error costs and such but this is such a straightforward issue I can't help but feel a little bothered. Decisions...
Yeah sounds kinda tedious to have to go through all that. What if you’re not technologically savvy and can’t do all that?

Anyways, got the AVP today and it is smaller than I thought it would be, and has a nice hefty weight to do. It feels solid. I have not used it though I have things to do right now 😂. I was looking at the air path and wonder if I can remove those silicone grommets that hold the glass stem in place to clean the air
path in those areas. If I can’t remove those I can see it being hard to clean once I begin using it.

Vapetrees,

arefx

Yeah sounds kinda tedious to have to go through all that. What if you’re not technologically savvy and can’t do all that?

Anyways, got the AVP today and it is smaller than I thought it would be, and has a nice hefty weight to do. It feels solid. I have not used it though I have things to do right now 😂. I was looking at the air path and wonder if I can remove those silicone grommets that hold the glass stem in place to clean the air
path in those areas. If I can’t remove those I can see it being hard to clean once I begin using it.
I bought a pack of GUM proxabrush (the wide size) for 5$ at the grocery store and you can reuse the brushes many times, it gets in every nook and cranny effortlessly, can be dipped in iso and cleaned for resuse. It's the size of the holes in the rubber grommets and bends. Makes it a complete breeze.

GUM Proxabrush Go-Betweens Interdental Brushes, Wide, Plaque Removal, 10 Count https://a.co/d/iDbpNUl

GymWolf

nope, It's just for the PRO. For the Accessories, the best deal is 20% if you are willing to leave a lux review. Info on the product page.
or AIRtwentyone gives you 21% on the full order, but the minimum order value needs to be over 150 USD
Do you have any discount code for europe at the moment?

GymWolf,

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
I bought a pack of GUM proxabrush (the wide size) for 5$ at the grocery store and you can reuse the brushes many times, it gets in every nook and cranny effortlessly, can be dipped in iso and cleaned for resuse. It's the size of the holes in the rubber grommets and bends. Makes it a complete breeze.

GUM Proxabrush Go-Betweens Interdental Brushes, Wide, Plaque Removal, 10 Count https://a.co/d/iDbpNUl
Thanks I have some brushes that I use for the Pax2 that would probably work like that. I just wanted to know if those grommets can be removed because I’m sure some residue will linger on them.

Also, noticed the mouthpiece is really easy to come off. Not sure if my model is one that had the revision with the new mold or not.

Vapetrees,

Archive

Played around some more with wax.

I threw the ALP into session mode. Taking advice from the thread (THANKS fogbank), I turned the device on and set it to heat on max temp. After a minute or so, I drew through the empty chamber to get things warmed up nicely, then I opened it up and put a very small dot of wax on the pad (smaller than a BB) and let it melt in. It was vaporizing with the door open so I shut things down and gave it a moment to soak into the pad, then went at it.

I ended up sipping instead of taking huge draws off the device because it was putting off a ridiculous amount of vapor. Spent the whole ten minutes taking small sips. It ran the whole session before I'd managed to cash the wax out. Good times.

The ALP does get pretty hot when you do this. I found myself holding it by the hemp material because the other parts of the vape were starting to get a bit toasty. The vapor is still relatively cool out of the device (compared to the cheap wax dab pens I've tried), even at the highest temp, but I felt enough discomfort that I am going to order the water piece attachment and see how that works. I'll report back once I've got the little water piece and have a chance to try it out. I might also try running it through some larger glass just for giggles.

I also tried kicking temps down to 430 to see how that worked. I didn't see much difference in vapor feel/quantity/quality, so I ran that for the last few minutes. I might just run at that temp for the whole session next time I try this.

I do find myself wondering if I could load the device with some wax and sip it over the course of an afternoon with the on-demand feature instead of cashing it out over ten minutes with the session mode (and getting waaaaaaay too medicated). Might also be more comfortable that way (the device won't have time for the exterior to get hot to the touch). Not sure if it'll work, though. That'll be my next experiment.

Then again... I might stick with dry herb just to avoid over-medication. The ALP gives me EXACTLY what I want from flower.

Still happy with the device, even if the silly mouthpiece keeps falling out :).

Archive,
Reactions: Summer

EarthworldTim

I've only used on demand with my wax other than initial heat up in session a couple times. Just a sliding scale of letting it heat up and waiting past the vibration to get good performance with on demand depending on how warm the chamber is already. On demand is what I love about this thing and I'd argue it demolishes the firefly in every category except taste but even that isn't a big gap imo. I only draw this comparison because I use my firefly 2+ strictly as a dab kazoo with pad.

EarthworldTim,

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
Got a chance to use it finally. Used a very small load with the concentrate pad on top, to micro dose like I do in the Mighty, and it was set to session. I tried to change it to on demand mode and was having trouble doing so. Does it it tell you when it’s on demand? Anyways, I hit it a few times. Nice small clouds at 385, the taste was good but maybe not the best yet cause I can taste the new vape smell. Will keep trying it to see if taste gets better.

When I went to open the lid I made a mess because the pad stuck to the lid and dropped a lot of AVB.

Vapetrees,

kapows

Got a chance to use it finally. Used a very small load with the concentrate pad on top, to micro dose like I do in the Mighty, and it was set to session. I tried to change it to on demand mode and was having trouble doing so. Does it it tell you when it’s on demand? Anyways, I hit it a few times. Nice small clouds at 385, the taste was good but maybe not the best yet cause I can taste the new vape smell. Will keep trying it to see if taste gets better.

When I went to open the lid I made a mess because the pad stuck to the lid and dropped a lot of AVB.
with session mode, the logo spins automatically and remains on screen. you will also see the temp numbers rising automatically to desired temp and stay there.

with on demand, you wont see the spinning logo nor will the temps rise UNLESS you keep the button pressed down.

press the up arrow then whilst keeping it pressed down, push the down arrow. this changes from session to on demand and vice verca

to adjust the timer in session mode, press the up arrow and the power button

Last edited:

Gary-Airvape

Manufacturer
Do you have any discount code for europe at the moment?
FCKB30

Hi,

I will take care of this, will write you a DM

Top Bottom