AirVape Legacy Pro

Gary-Airvape

Manufacturer
Good to know. Well I sure hope you do decide to honor those codes! I know if you decide to cancel the orders I have no interest in reordering with a reduced coupon. It's like when a teacher misgrades your test: their mistake, so you keep the unexpected reward of the elevated test grade, or in this case, a discount. (Ex. Cream City Vapes 100 dollar Mighty Fiasco if anyone remembers)

As someone with plenty, and plenty of portables. I would love to add this to my collection. But at the right set of circumstances. The coupon was the circumstance needed for me yesterday :whip:, I just hope nobody retroactively tries to reverse those circumstances!

Looking forward to hopefully having in Airvape in my hand by EOW? Fingers Crossed!
I understand, and please let me know your order number in private, so I can ensure it will be honored. But you also need to understand it is not our mistake. Somebody was able to pull out the code from a private email and sell it to a browser extension...
It is a common interest to know how it is even possible?!? Because after this, your emails are also in the hand of the highest bidder... Without making a conspiracy theory out of this, I hope you guys understand the magnitude of the problem here.

jbm

Good to know. Well I sure hope you do decide to honor those codes! I know if you decide to cancel the orders I have no interest in reordering with a reduced coupon. It's like when a teacher misgrades your test: their mistake, so you keep the unexpected reward of the elevated test grade, or in this case, a discount. (Ex. Cream City Vapes 100 dollar Mighty Fiasco if anyone remembers)

As someone with plenty, and plenty of portables. I would love to add this to my collection. But at the right set of circumstances. The coupon was the circumstance needed for me yesterday :whip:, I just hope nobody retroactively tries to reverse those circumstances!

Looking forward to hopefully having in Airvape in my hand by EOW? Fingers Crossed!
I get it, but I’m not sure that you have a clear case for this being their mistake, unless you think that someone leaking these codes is justified. A more accurate version of your educational scenario would be “my bud got me a copy of the test beforehand, so he’s wrong, but my grade should stand.” I paid full price for my initial AirVape X, and the large discounts they offer to previous model owners aren’t available to everyone. Your argument here seems to be “I want this discount, so you have to honor it. “

I will also say that I contacted @Gary-Airvape about getting a replacement mouthpiece, and after he reasonably asked for my order number, one is on the way. This is the kind of customer service I can respect.

Last edited:

Vapetrees

Vaped Out

I feel the same way. Hope it’s honored

Vapetrees,

jasp3r

I understand, and please let me know your order number in private, so I can ensure it will be honored. But you also need to understand it is not our mistake. Somebody was able to pull out the code from a private email and sell it to a browser extension...
It is a common interest to know how it is even possible?!? Because after this, your emails are also in the hand of the highest bidder... Without making a conspiracy theory out of this, I hope you guys understand the magnitude of the problem here.
Totally agree! Fundamentally it is messed up, given our privacy is at stake. As someone semi familiar with the way coupon aggregation plugins work, atleast the early ones, it scrapes data from the order submitted step after checkout.

Example:

Bill has Honey Plug-in on chrome. Bill received a private email for a discount airvape because he purchased the first legacy.

Bill buys product with the code. Honey, behind the scenes grabs the codes and the rest is history.

Now as far as data ethics go, something I spend atleat a few hours a month with 20 lawyers, this can be tricky.

How does Bill feel they scraped the code from him? Probably not great? But it’s that same mechanism that provided him to save money the past 5 times at other retailers.

It’s a pick your poison thing. I could literally maintain a thread on this issue as part of my job is sending communications that I am sure many of you receive but don’t know that I send :D:D

But in fear of going more off topic I will stop now.

Absolutely cannot wait to try the legacy pro!

jbm

Now as far as data ethics go, something I spend atleat a few hours a month with 20 lawyers, this can be tricky.

How does Bill feel they scraped the code from him? Probably not great? But it’s that same mechanism that provided him to save money the past 5 times at other retailers.
This is where the handwaving begins. In essence your argument here is “Honey stole the codes, not me, so you need to honor the code.” This is unethical no matter how long you’ve been “sending communications,” whatever that is.

Gary-Airvape

Manufacturer
Forme the more important issue here is, what else can they "scrap" and sell? Cos, I'm sure the story does NOT end here: "we only take codes."
It means "we agreed to handle out way too much for the few dollars we get in return". Thanks for the feedback; we continue to give the best customer service and trust the process of bringing together people to have a lovely community where we can share the Airvape experience.

jasp3r

This is where the handwaving begins. In essence your argument here is “Honey stole the codes, not me, so you need to honor the code.” This is unethical no matter how long you’ve been “sending communications,” whatever that is.

So jbm, I think you are greatly misunderstanding my point. Honey didn't steal any codes. I was simply clearing up Gary's question if the browser extension was in fact reading private emails and taking the codes from there.

Browser plugins are apart of eCommerce today. It's actually, in my opinion, Airvape's mistake that this happened. (This is a super easy fix and common of young e-commerce companies!)

If they were trying to offer coupons to distinct users (aka who purchased the first models), they should've provided single use randomized codes.

(Just like POTV with giftcards, ever notice how they are random alpha-numeric strings? If they didn't do this, honey would have field day with thousands of codes from just giftcards. This is why single use codes help both POTV and Honey in reducing false coupons opportunity)

So what this really comes down to at this point, at least from an ethics perspective is that the code is public knowledge, so was Airvape's plan to rely on the honor system for only people to use the code if they were deserving / Cross check billing addresses?

The code is just a combination of the model name and "sixty". Most coupon guessing systems (which I'm sure some coupon aggregators are testing and is a fascinating topic of research of Natural Language Processing) uses product names / company names + spellings for most numbers. It's not like the code was "onlyuseifyoupurchasedfirstedtion" etc.

Not once did I say they had to honor it, all I said iswas hoping they would.

Forme the more important issue here is, what else can they "scrap" and sell? Cos, I'm sure the story does NOT end here: "we only take codes."
It means "we agreed to handle out way too much for the few dollars we get in return". Thanks for the feedback; we continue to give the best customer service and trust the process of bringing together people to have a lovely community where we can share the Airvape experience.

Agreed! It probably does not end there at promo codes. I imagine they are taking in all the information from the page (shipping address, billing, total etc.) This is why the digital age is so tricky/ will become exponentially more difficult to navigate from the lens of privacy. This is why you got to love the old-school spots that are hesitant to go digital and do all their books with pen, paper, and a photocopy machine.

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
I didn’t know, when I ordered, that this code wasn’t meant for everyone. They can cancel my order. I’m okay with that.

jbm

So what this really comes down to at this point, at least from an ethics perspective is that the code is public knowledge, so was Airvape's plan to rely on the honor system for only people to use the code if they were deserving / Cross check billing addresses?
Actually, if I recall correctly, at one point AirVape did cancel some orders from members here using upgrade codes because they cross checked purchase history. As a matter of fact, they didn’t offer me the discount on the Pro until they’d determined that I’d actually made a previous purchase. It’s not a matter of “deserving,” it’s that you’re taking unfair and unethical advantage of an upgrade program whose terms you haven’t fulfilled. @Gary-Airvape isnt this the case that the company checks for registration and or purchase beforehand?

Last edited:

jbm

We will not cancel any orders! We take responsibility for this and honor all. If your purchase was declined, just let me know, and I will ensure you get yours at this price. It's just a reminder to ourselves to use random codes next time;)
That’s great. What are you going to do for those of us who played by your rules and didn’t circumvent your upgrade program with a lot of hooey about public codes? Maybe you should refund the price of my AirVape X since anyone with a browser extension can do an end run around your upgrade program? One of the reasons I bought one of your vapes in the first place was the upgrade discount. So where’s your loyalty to the people who played by the rules? What happened to cross checking eligibility? This company continually disappoints. What responsibility? You have a responsibility to cheats as long as they talk a lot of techbro horseshit? I’ll never buy one of your products again.

Modnote: You can make your point without being a dick. Tread lightly.

Last edited by a moderator:
jbm,
  • Haha
Reactions: jasp3r

RxPlorer

That’s great. What are you going to do for those of us who played by your rules and didn’t circumvent your upgrade program with a lot of hooey about public codes? Maybe you should refund the price of my AirVape X since anyone with a browser extension can do an end run around your upgrade program? One of the reasons I bought one of your vapes in the first place was the upgrade discount. So where’s your loyalty to the people who played by the rules?
This is ridiculous. The possibility of a dishonest transaction exists so you're owed money? Ok bye

Archive

Well, anyway, as for the airvape legacy pro... I think I'm going to call it the ALP to avoid having to type it out every damn time.

I finally tried on-demand with some flower. Up to this point I've been sipping using session mode doing temp-stepping. With little sips and slow stepping I could sit there nursing a single filled bowl for ten or fifteen minutes, just taking my time and enjoying small doses. That put me right where I wanted to be, but it isn't always easy to find twenty spare minutes to sit around messing with the ALP.

I decided to try and speed things up a bit.

I had no idea how to do that, but after reading the manual I saw it's pretty easy to switch between modes to on-demand. I turned the device on and held the up and down button for a second and I was ready to go. Taking my cue from others in the thread, I kicked it to 435, held the power button, and inhaled for a count of roughly fifteen.

At roughly that point, the device vibrated to let me know it had hit temp.

I was able to do this three times in a row without discomfort (it started to tickle right around the time the device vibrated but wasn't bad), and it put out some impressive clouds of vapor. The fourth draw seemed to give me nothing at all, but I suspect there was a little wispy vapor in there. The only downside is that I cashed the load so quickly and was already feeling good enough that I decided to re-load, twice. So much for saving time!

On-demand is pretty damn good. I'm not sure which method I prefer yet. I need more time with the vape to figure that out.

I would definitely love to see some kind of mighty-style capsule system. This device isn't as portable as I'd like without them. Every time I use it, I feel like I need to set up a whole cleaning station for dealing with the AVB stuck on the microdose plate and the mess it makes when I open the door.

Having a little smell-proof cylinder full of pre-filled capsules would make everything so much easier and more convenient. Pop in, pop out. I'll be a day 1 buyer when those things hit, especially if they come with some kind of mighty-like filling station/funnel system. Any idea how long I'm going to have to wait? :)

DryBonesufo

Tbh this device is worth the retail price alone. These discount codes really are a blessing. We are on this site advocating that it is a great alternative to the Mighty and to my eyes have earned its right among the TM and P80s of the world.

Archive

Tacking onto my last post... I need to do more experimenting with the wax disk. First up, I want to know what happens if I try the wax with on-demand mode. I have no idea if it'll work well in that mode or not.

I also need to figure out how much wax I need to put into this thing to get where I want to be. So far, I keep putting smaller and smaller little dots of wax on the pad, but I haven't quite figured out an ideal dose and I've ended up a bit more medicated than I intended to be and I'm wasting wax. The ALP is definitely doing its job (getting me high as the damn ALPS), but I feel like I can get things dialed in a bit better.

I'll play around with it and report back. If anyone else is using wax in this thing I'd love to hear your "best practices" :).

I paid full price for my ALP just a few days before that code was leaked out. I don't regret my purchase in the slightest. I bought it knowing what it cost. I was happy with the price, and I'm extremely happy with the device :).

Mistakes happen. The company is honoring those discounts and that's pretty awesome as far as I'm concerned. The people who snatched one up at 60% off just got the deal of the year :).

DryBonesufo

I paid full price for my ALP just a few days before that code was leaked out. I don't regret my purchase in the slightest. I bought it knowing what it cost. I was happy with the price, and I'm extremely happy with the device :).

Mistakes happen. The company is honoring those discounts and that's pretty awesome as far as I'm concerned. The people who snatched one up at 60% off just got the deal of the year :).
Seriously! Kudos to the team on honoring as well. Looking for the next year when them colors come out as well!

fogbank

Tacking onto my last post... I need to do more experimenting with the wax disk. First up, I want to know what happens if I try the wax with on-demand mode. I have no idea if it'll work well in that mode or not.

I also need to figure out how much wax I need to put into this thing to get where I want to be. So far, I keep putting smaller and smaller little dots of wax on the pad, but I haven't quite figured out an ideal dose and I've ended up a bit more medicated than I intended to be and I'm wasting wax. The ALP is definitely doing its job (getting me high as the damn ALPS), but I feel like I can get things dialed in a bit better.

I'll play around with it and report back. If anyone else is using wax in this thing I'd love to hear your "best practices" :).
I only use the Legacy Pro for concentrates, and I only use session mode, so I can't comment on using it for concentrates in on-demand mode.

My "best practice" is to heat the concentrate pad before attempting to add the concentrate. I power it on, wait for it to reach temp, and give it about 50 additional seconds to "heat soak" (not sure if that actually helps). I take one long (30 sec) draw to heat the concentrate pad.

I then power the unit off, open the lid, and apply the concentrate to the hot pad. The concentrate will melt into the pad.

This has worked very well for me for most of the concentrates that I have tried. The last gram of badder that I used did not melt fully into the pad :(, so I ended up with some wasted "crystals".

But all of the other concentrates that I've used so far have melted completely into the pad. I barely need to clean the dab tool because it all melts into the pad.

Pukka

I use a piece slightly thicker than the size of a grain of jasmine rice. Leaves the pad clean enough (when you're finished) to just pop out and store in a concentrate jar.

Pukka,

kapows

I mean...why wouldnt you buy at reduced coupon? Its about supporting these vendors too that provide a stonking unit.

The company made a mistake, as has been explained. These things happen man and as a business..well youd know the feeling if you have one and accidently got it out.

@Gary-Airvape hiya. does the 30% code work for accessories?

jasp3r

I mean...why wouldnt you buy at reduced coupon? Its about supporting these vendors too that provide a stonking unit.

The company made a mistake, as has been explained. These things happen man and as a business..well youd know the feeling if you have one and accidently got it out.
My point was that I have 15+ portables. In order to add another device that overlaps with so many other in my collection it has to be the right price. That's all.

EarthworldTim

My vacation experience with the legacy pro this weekend was quite underwhelming. I almost lost the mouthpiece multiple times because the slightest tap can dislodge it. I got it mostly for on demand when I'm out and that seemed to work well enough, flavor is good, cook a little uneven but likely due to lack of experience so I take responsibility for that. I also would imagine session or a combo of session to on demand would be more even, dabbled with the latter but haven't figured it yet.

Problem is that between the mess with the ground flower everywhere after you open it to empty and the mouthpiece that wants to escape I found myself just wanting my dyna and wand for the ease. The single unit is so appealing to me but it feels almost as tedious and clunky as my firefly with flower(used these days only for concentrates now).

Last thing is that today I've attempted to charge the battery in the unit itself and it won't charge. Tried wireless, multiple C cables and outlets/adapters and no go. I have an external charger but this issue is the last straw kinda thing for a portable vape.

All that being said... I want to like it, I swear.

Shorner

My vacation experience with the legacy pro this weekend was quite underwhelming. I almost lost the mouthpiece multiple times because the slightest tap can dislodge it. I got it mostly for on demand when I'm out and that seemed to work well enough, flavor is good, cook a little uneven but likely due to lack of experience so I take responsibility for that. I also would imagine session or a combo of session to on demand would be more even, dabbled with the latter but haven't figured it yet.

Problem is that between the mess with the ground flower everywhere after you open it to empty and the mouthpiece that wants to escape I found myself just wanting my dyna and wand for the ease. The single unit is so appealing to me but it feels almost as tedious and clunky as my firefly with flower(used these days only for concentrates now).

Last thing is that today I've attempted to charge the battery in the unit itself and it won't charge. Tried wireless, multiple C cables and outlets/adapters and no go. I have an external charger but this issue is the last straw kinda thing for a portable vape.

Airvape will send you another mouthpiece out if you reach out to them..
Personally i haven't touched my Dynas since getting the LP, Dyna tastes like shit in comparison and is not as strong in the effects department.

RxPlorer

The charging issue sounds like a warranty item

Top Bottom