AirVape Legacy Pro

seedy53

Hey everyone. Today I decided I wanted to see the inside of this thing. I posted a couple more images on iFixit. If I ever move to another device, I'll do a full destructive disassembly.
https://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Airvape+Legacy+Pro+Teardown/171270
yrNLWULTmmnPF3KY.medium
can't wait for the full teardown photos

Tonyscoop

Thank you. Wow, uniquely mediocre parts inside…even more of a surprise.
I hope I’m understanding the variables connected to the suggested procedures I’m hearing.
I am totally new to this…and trying to adapt to utilizing vapor instead of smoke to help with my with disabilities.
My first device, the Davinci Miqro, took about a week to understand. Then I simply had to adjust and realize that a vapor high is much different...that took about a month. The Miqro-c is just too difficult for me to clean (due to tremors) and I don’t trust it at this point…it’s been 2 weeks since I sent a claim video to DV without hearing a word...it shuts off intermittently, btw.
So far, the Legacy Pro has been relatively easy to clean, and I realize it will get gunkier with use. I think I’ll be able to handle that procedure fine though. I use alcohol wipes and a different brush from box. So far, so good. I ran through all the steps of disassembling it for cleaning and it’s straightforward. The only thing was the little gasket above the bowl was a bitch at first, then I got the trick of using the tool.
I have tried 3 mins at 330 (long, smooth draws) and another session where I pushed it up to 380 near the end. At 380, the ABV was very dark...unlike I’ve seen from my Miqro. Both sessions were great, but am I missing something with the vapor cloud production? I held the long draw in, but am I losing medical benefit by blowing thicker clouds?
The cloud vs. intensity of benefit issue is bothering me now. Does vapor change through temp or our lungs absorbing it?

Pukka

The cloud vs. intensity of benefit issue is bothering me now. Does vapor change through temp or our lungs absorbing it?
No relationship whatsoever (more or less) at least having to do with clouds. Technique, moisture, device, strain, phase of the moon and who knows what else effect cloudage. If your avb (abv) has changed colour and takes on a dry, crispy texture it's cached.

Temp, otoh, affect what's vaporized. Google "vaporizer temperature chart" for examples.

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Thank you. Wow, uniquely mediocre parts inside…even more of a surprise.
I hope I’m understanding the variables connected to the suggested procedures I’m hearing.
I am totally new to this…and trying to adapt to utilizing vapor instead of smoke to help with my with disabilities.
My first device, the Davinci Miqro, took about a week to understand. Then I simply had to adjust and realize that a vapor high is much different...that took about a month. The Miqro-c is just too difficult for me to clean (due to tremors) and I don’t trust it at this point…it’s been 2 weeks since I sent a claim video to DV without hearing a word...it shuts off intermittently, btw.
So far, the Legacy Pro has been relatively easy to clean, and I realize it will get gunkier with use. I think I’ll be able to handle that procedure fine though. I use alcohol wipes and a different brush from box. So far, so good. I ran through all the steps of disassembling it for cleaning and it’s straightforward. The only thing was the little gasket above the bowl was a bitch at first, then I got the trick of using the tool.
I have tried 3 mins at 330 (long, smooth draws) and another session where I pushed it up to 380 near the end. At 380, the ABV was very dark...unlike I’ve seen from my Miqro. Both sessions were great, but am I missing something with the vapor cloud production? I held the long draw in, but am I losing medical benefit by blowing thicker clouds?
I suggest that you not get caught up so much on how much vapor you're exhaling. If you're enjoying the sessions and you're getting nicely medicated then that's the most important thing.

In general I think the science says that it's good to interleave vapor inhales with some fresh air. For example, draw until 75% capacity and then take in 25% fresh air. Or you could separate one draw into vapor, fresh air, vapor, fresh air at 25% each of your lung capacity. This not only cools the air temp in your lungs but serves to maximize turbulence around lung tissue and hopefully maximize absorption. No need to hold it in very long either. A couple seconds is plenty.

I think in general the color of the ABV is the best indicator of the level of extraction, darker color = higher cannabinoid extraction. Doesn't matter what any temperature indicator says, as long as you're not combusting, don't see ash or smell smoke you're good.

I like my ABV to have a dark copper sort of color but nothing really too dark. This is just my preference as I find things become less tasty the darker you roast your flower. Of course, you're losing some efficiency of your flower if you prefer a lighter roast but vaping with a light roast is still more efficient and vastly superior to smoking in my eyes.

Last edited:
TigoleBitties,
Reactions: seedy53

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
At 330 degrees, how many times could you hit a capped bowl (regular pack and medium grind) with about 3 hits per 3 minute session? I found 2 was sufficient.
That's great, nothing wrong with that. If you find yourself wanting two sessions, you could try increasing the session timer from the default 3 min to 5 min or 10 min.

I leave mine at 5 min because all the timers start running before the unit has even reached the temperature you've set. I also like to add a 30s heat soak at the temperature I've set so to me, a 5 min session is closer to 3 min in reality.

TigoleBitties,

Tonyscoop

That seems to really make sense. Do you find the weed is still viable after one 5 minute session at 330? Finished yet?
At that finished consistency, do you still use the abv for anything in particular. I’ve been grinding into powder and dumping like a 1/2 tsp in morning coffee.

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
That seems to really make sense. Do you find the weed is still viable after one 5 minute session at 330? Finished yet?
At that finished consistency, do you still use the abv for anything in particular. I’ve been grinding into powder and dumping like a 1/2 tsp in morning coffee.
After a 5 min session at 330F the weed is spent for my tastes but I'm sure the ABV still has some potency left so adding it your coffee is a nice way to recycle.

If you really want a treat, try some "stem milk" 👌🙂

Have a look at this link

TigoleBitties,

R1ng0

Hi all,

I‘m considering the Airvape Bubbler but there´s too little concrete informations/reviews about it for me too make a decision.
anyone got a real feedback on it ? Is it worth it ? No fatal flaws ?
thanks
I've got a bubbler I love it just watch you don't overfill it as it auto equalises which means it will release any excess water but it works well enough.

R1ng0,

Andjoe

Tonyscoop I second what R1ng0 said, you may want to look into a glass piece. It allows you to see and judge vapor a lot more. I use the silicone adapter that comes with AirVape's bubbler but I pair it with the Hubble Bubble from Divine Tribe.
Also I like the results I get from a 60-75 second heat.

Andjoe,
I've got a bubbler I love it just watch you don't overfill it as it auto equalises which means it will release any excess water but it works well enough.
Tonyscoop I second what R1ng0 said, you may want to look into a glass piece. It allows you to see and judge vapor a lot more. I use the silicone adapter that comes with AirVape's bubbler but I pair it with the Hubble Bubble from Divine Tribe.
Also I like the results I get from a 60-75 second heat.
Thanks, but I'm really interested by the Airvaipe Bubbler exclusively and I would like some feedback about it.
The form factor and the portability is why i'm looking at this piece and why I'm looking for a review about it.
Anyone's got it and could do a honest review ? Thanks

Zboomba Man,

MislavKO

It's good. Cools the vapour and is easy to use. But a bigger bubbler would cool it eaven more. You get the silicone wpa that you can use on other bongs or bubblers if you decide to upgrade later on so it is a great choice IMO.

budski

cantre member
like seeing inside the legacy, but it looks like there is no way to open and clean under the oven.
I'm anxiously awaiting the official airvape 420 deals, c'mon Gary, give us a teaser before I pull the trigger elsewhere

Last edited:
budski,

Tonyscoop

I love my new AVLP. I use the caps with lids and pack it a bit on the tighter side with medium grind herb mixed with fine grind. The fine grinds nestle in between the larger pieces and you can lightly ball it up like a piece of lint. The mix is perfect. A tightly packed cap at 330 on session mode for 3 minutes. Take 2-3 second, slow hits. After the first session, I stir the bowl lightly (the medium grind allows that easier), after it cools down. Then a second session finishes the bowl off. The AVB should still have a brownish tint, not very dark.

Andjoe

I love my new AVLP. I use the caps with lids and pack it a bit on the tighter side with medium grind herb mixed with fine grind. The fine grinds nestle in between the larger pieces and you can lightly ball it up like a piece of lint. The mix is perfect. A tightly packed cap at 330 on session mode for 3 minutes. Take 2-3 second, slow hits. After the first session, I stir the bowl lightly (the medium grind allows that easier), after it cools down. Then a second session finishes the bowl off. The AVB should still have a brownish tint, not very dark.
Advanced grinding. Advanced grinding

Hi all,

I had an issue with my ALVP by stucking a cotton tip into the silicone airpath next to the oven.
Tried to unstuck it with air, a seringe + water but nothing work until I took the cotton apart, piece by piece with a very thin twizzer.
By doing it I scrapped the silicone path pretty deep, I think I even got through it...

Is it still safe for me to vape on this unit ? with scrapped silicon in the airpath and maybe holes that could help the vapor go through my unit ?

Thanks !

Zboomba Man,

seedy53

Hi all,

I had an issue with my ALVP by stucking a cotton tip into the silicone air-path next to the oven.
Tried to unstuck it with air, a seringe + water but nothing work until I took the cotton apart, piece by piece with a very thin twizzer.
By doing it I scrapped the silicone path pretty deep, I think I even got through it...

Is it still safe for me to vape on this unit ? with scrapped silicon in the airpath and maybe holes that could help the vapor go through my unit ?

Thanks !
is it the soft silicone rubber seal that holes glass? everything else in air path is peek crystalline plastic- it is kinda hard. if you damages the rubber it might leak air but that's all. that may make it useless though

Last edited:
seedy53,

Tonyscoop

What is advanced grinding? I did notice the bowl after a 3 minute session at 330 had way darker abv on the bottom half of the capsule than the top half. It’s also hard to stir the herb in these capsules without dropping some grind. It would be awesome if the oven was made with straight sides, then the capsules might be able to be flipped between sessions. Then stirring isn’t needed.

Tonyscoop,

budski

cantre member
I do flip them when using in the TM2. with the avlp, if the grounds on the top/lid are green I scrape them into fresh grounds for the next bowl, or do a 420 final burn to finish it off

budski,

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
What is advanced grinding? I did notice the bowl after a 3 minute session at 330 had way darker abv on the bottom half of the capsule than the top half. It’s also hard to stir the herb in these capsules without dropping some grind. It would be awesome if the oven was made with straight sides, then the capsules might be able to be flipped between sessions. Then stirring isn’t needed.
Maybe if you fill the capsules a bit more then the flower at the top will make contact with the metal top of the capsule and provide more heat to the it. My ABV seems uniform everywhere with the capsules.

I think I forgot to mention though that I heat at 330F in session mode when NOT using the capsules but when using them, I crank up the temp to 350F to compensate for the extra heat absorbed by the capsules.

TigoleBitties,

Tonyscoop

I didn’t know about the higher temp for the caps. I was running two 3-minute sessions at 330 with caps, stirred up in between. I raised the temp once to 375 on the second session and the abv was very dark brown after. Makes sense. So using this without caps gives better vape at lower temps? I've got ocd so I was inclined to use the caps with the lids to keep it clean, but some members use a 15mm screen over the cap without a lid. That way the bowl stays cleaner and the screen over just the bottom cap of herb helps with cleaning the disk.

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
I didn’t know about the higher temp for the caps. I was running two 3-minute sessions at 330 with caps, stirred up in between. I raised the temp once to 375 on the second session and the abv was very dark brown after. Makes sense. So using this without caps gives better vape at lower temps? I've got ocd so I was inclined to use the caps with the lids to keep it clean, but some members use a 15mm screen over the cap without a lid. That way the bowl stays cleaner and the screen over just the bottom cap of herb helps with cleaning the disk.
Things definitely stay much cleaner using the caps. I find using them at 350F makes up for the extra thermal mass in the oven.

I do find the experience is slightly tastier at 330F without the caps and a 15mm screen (you can also use a capsule top) but I only do this if I'm at home to cut down on the cleaning as this is still messier.

Top Bottom