After Fucking Combustion Getting Progressively Higher

Brio

So a little over three weeks ago, I decided to quit smoking cigarettes.

I was also smoking tobacco with my weed and decided that if I wanted any chance of quitting cigarettes, I would have to remove that trigger completely. The thought of going cold-turkey from both nicotine and cannabis didn't appeal to me, but luckily I had an assortment of vapes I had bought over 2 years prior, but had been collecting dust since I relapsed back into combustion after lockdowns.

As my memory served, while I got a decent case of VAS, (have EVO, Splinter Z, Arizer ARGO, Terra, Hydra Brick, Ditanium, SAI atomizer and a few other I am forgetting), it never got me extremely high. I was therefore thinking that going into my attempt at quitting, it would make-for a good ritual substitute for smoking cigarettes and keep the mj withdrawals away, but little more than that. Not thinking I would be getting that much THC from vaping, and wanting to get through the three-day hump of physical withdrawal from nicotine, I decided to eat a ton of mg of edibles over that time, as when I overdo it, it just puts me to sleep for 16 hours or so.

After successfully hibernating my way through withdrawal, I dug out my VapXhale EVO, as that had always been my favourite vape back in the day. At first it was as I remembered and I wasn't getting the same kind of high I was used to from combusting, but I soldiered on regardless. However, by about Day 5, I started noticing that while I was vaping the same amount as previous, my highs were getting noticeably more pronounced and euphoric. This continued throughout the next week or so, until I dug out my Splinter Z.

While previously getting decently high with my Splinter Z, I had never gotten past the learning curve, and eventually had put it down for the next vape. After reading the whole thread on it here and practicing my draw technique and other tips mentioned, it has brought my already increased high to another level. The level of high I get after a huge lung-buster from the Z is almost at concentrate dabbing levels, but even better as the full spectrum effects feel more warm and fuzzy than a concentrate would.

Now I am starting to go through less product, (was smoking 2-3 g/day, now down to 1-2 g/day) but this is probably more due to the increased amount of naps I take, or not wanting to shiver on the couch for 5 minutes after taking one too many huge hitters in a row. All in all this has been incredible for me as regaining high-school levels of high again has made my original goal of quitting cigarettes my easiest attempt yet.

So has anyone experienced something like this when they quit combustion? I know that vaping takes a period of time to fully recognize the high, and that removing the tar from my lungs has allowed greater ability to take in THC, but is there any other reason why this maybe happening?

Last edited:

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
Yes! This was almost exactly my experience too. I put it down to the nicotine having an opposing effect and that was reducing the effects. When I smoked I found that I could only get "so high"... There doesn't seem to be much of a limit with vaping and edibles, I can keep on going if I require/desire

Cheebsy,
Reactions: DrJynx86

Brio

Yes! This was almost exactly my experience too. I put it down to the nicotine having an opposing effect and that was reducing the effects. When I smoked I found that I could only get "so high"... There doesn't seem to be much of a limit with vaping and edibles, I can keep on going if I require/desire
Hmm, that is really interesting. My previous attempt with vaping cannabis I was still getting nicotine from an e-cig vape. I had always thought that it was the other products (benzyne etc.) that most people missed when converting from combustion to vaping, but never accounted that nicotine by itself could be also affecting my ability to get high.

DrJynx86

I think it might be that nicotine is pretty stimulant while cannabis is supposed to be more depressant, I find the same happens if you vape/smoke cannabis and drink lots of coffee or sugary foods, I always been told by stoner friends that sugar "lowers" your high, so when you try to stay high you only munch through salty food to avoid losing the high.

WisePenny

unknown. unmember.
I think it might be that nicotine is pretty stimulant while cannabis is supposed to be more depressant...
It can have a depressant effect, but it is not only a depressant. It may also act as a stimulant or hallucinogen - obviously dose, strain, and individual body chemistry affect this.

Last edited:
WisePenny,
Reactions: DrJynx86

Consolidated21

Mediterranean
I had quit smoking for 3 years, and for some reason I had to start smoking my weed again because I didn't have access to my vaporizers...it was a bad time for my high that wasn't high anymore... I was confused in the head, and not at all euphoric and traveling the mind...
I got to the point where I didn't want to smoke anymore Some days ...... And the day comes when I had my vaporizers again... What's the difference... day and night... high as in a balloon and tons of euphoric... and with less quantity. ,,,

Consolidated21,

darbarikanada

maybe since quitting smoking your lungs aren't as full of gunk so they're absorbing vapor more efficiently. easy enough to test: smoke a joint, see if you get higher than you used to before you quit smoking (vaping's more efficient, so I wouldn't obsess about how much weed's in the joint vs. a bowlful in a vaporizer).

darbarikanada,
Reactions: Siebter

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
I too would suggest that the nicotine has no major effect on how high we get – I must admit that I can't compare, because while I quit combustion a while ago, I never quit nicotine. However, I also feel that I can get higher since then, also it's much much easier to keep my tolerance low for some reason. So yeah, our lungs being better at absorbing substances after quitting smoke seems at least plausible to me.

Top Bottom