Votes: 7 15.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • I don't have ABV, I have AVB.

Votes: 6 13.6%

• Total voters

TommyDee

Vaporitor
I have been scratching my head with regard as to what to do with my ABV. I haven't taken it lightly as I know my hard earned money is still within the waste product of DynaVap capping.

I started with straight up consumption. Preparation was to the extent of weighing out a daily dose. Wasn't settling well so I started grinding all the flower through a strainer. That helped a lot by removing hard pointy sugar stems and served to 'enlarge' the chamber capacity, but it was still like eating gun powder. Seemed washing was called for in the protocol.

So I did that. I washed out about an ounce of well browned ABV and dried in the oven. Knowing all the good shit is already baked away, I had pretty much free reign on the temperature. Everything came out a nice chocolate brown and hardly any scent. We're ready for the next chapter, right?

EverClear 190; been using it for years just to clean and reclaim resins from the grinder and such. I don't trust myself with ISO extracts - so no problem. I use EverClear for anything that will be consumed. Just a safety precaution. I decided to see if consumption and EC extraction worked better.

Even clean ABV consumed after extraction with EverClear was giving me problems. Not the same irritability of the raw consumption but rather a 'ache' in the diaphragm/kidney region. I was consuming straight concentrate with the EverClear evaporated from a block of shredded wheat. The only thing I could think of that there may be a problem is microscopic particles that interfere with biology somehow. Either that or the heavier elements extracted from ABV are simply hard on our digestive system. Remember that the light stuff is mostly gone by now. Light stuff being more volatile molecules of course.

Gastral consumption is out for me. And if any of this sounds familiar to you, I might urge you to reconsider your path. One further step to confirming this is a couple of enzyme tests at the doctor's office during an episode. I had a clean bill of health not days after the discomfort went away. I haven't consumed any ABV by eating it since this finding. My constitution is just not made for it. I've done edibles and no issues that I know of. However, edibles are more whole spectrum solutions where ABV is missing a lot of goodies that may 'detox' these heavier molecules to balance the medicinal mechanisms.

While all this was going on I left the remaining 20-someodd grams of washed ABV sit wondering what to do next. Dabbing is to much fuss for the effort and I don't really enjoy it. B'ah! But I looked at it one day... didn't touch it, just looked - and it was fucking growing a mound! A little pinky sized conical 'growth' had developed. Okay, that settles that - no more washing perfectly good shit. 20 grams of ABV went in the yard.

I still have EverClear, daily added stock of ABV, and a nice little dental syringe to draw the EverClear from a mash. Oh, and some containers of about a fluid ounce that seal well enough to keep content dry. When the containers fill, I top the ABV with EC190. Let sit for 3 days and draw out whatever EC190 I can recover. Store that in a container. I see no reason not to keep the resins in solution. Stores easily and it doesn't go bad this way as best I know.

I need some better glass but the process is now simple, which is what I've been after all along. Not simple enough but it'll do for now. I draw 1cc of the mixture to evaporate. Only takes about an hour. Using EverClear makes this a no-brainer. A couple of clean razor blades and a teardrop dab will find its way to your rig. Sandwiched in a load of herb makes for a fantastic bowl with a couple of extra draws. I find the hit more consistent between each heating as well.

This part of my vape diary, better than a year in, has been the hardest to pin down. Still working on the drying as I need a better plate but I am liking the idea of reclaiming the medicine I couldn't vape. Knowing that my constitution doesn't process ABV resins when digested is also a surprising finding. I have zero doubt about this fact. Yet, although it is more 'ritual' that I don't need or want, the process is now simple enough to keep collecting for now.

What are your ABV light bulb moments? What have you done with your ABV? Please share your vote.

Last edited:

nonamekevin

I go back and forth between toss that shit in the bin, or make it into canna-oil. I took a bunch of avb and coconut oil and put them in an uncovered mason jar in a slow cooker. I'd strain the oil through a few layers of cheese cloth to get the large pieces, and then let it cool. I like to make cookies with the coconut oil.

:rockon:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I usually throw AVB out, but every few years I’ll feel a little guilty about throwing it away from reading of all the ways people recycle it, and attempt a science project or two.

I just made some infused oil today. Water cured 33g of AVB which came out to 10g when dried. Not sure what I’ll do with it, I like capsules.

nonamekevin

I usually throw AVB out, but every few years I’ll feel a little guilty about throwing it away from reading of all the ways people recycle it, and attempt a science project or two.

I just made some infused oil today. Water cured 33g of AVB which came out to 10g when dried. Not sure what I’ll do with it, I like capsules.
What's up brother, hope your well.

Do you find a big difference between avb you water cure and the stuff you don't? The coconut oil I use with avb is dirty looking, wondering if water curing might clean up the look of it a bit.

Cannabiker

I get nothing but couch-lock from eating it. I still put it in a mason jar, out of habit, but when the jar's full, it goes in the compost. The holdover storage habit comes from when I was still buying weed, and, like @TommyDee, I knew there was still some value in there.

Now that I can grow it in the backyard, I have enough to vape and make coconut oil for edibles. Life is good.

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
I have 3 xlarge mason jars to keep my abv in, and I also fill some 1/8th dispo containers. Whenever I hit about a 1/4lb worth, I make capsules with it, using 00 size. You can get 1000 capsules for like $10-12. 3-4 capsules really take the edge off and normally if I am going to be somewhere I cannot vape flower, this is my go-to solution. I would love to ingest edibles daily, but I am afraid to let my tolerance get too high using distillate oil/tinctures. I find the ABV capsules are a nice middle ground. Doesn't jack my edible tolerance thru the roof, but yet soothes my ails for a few hours. I usually vape to near completion so my abv is pretty cooked(med to dark brown/no char), so I can't speak to those looking for a more 'uppy' type buzz. 3-4 caps don't knock me out at all, but you can def tell it's more body than head high with the darker ABV.

Silver420Surfer,

Gigsabits53

Since I purchased the Flowerpot, I use my ABV in that when I'm out of the good stuff. It's not something I enjoy doing but it takes the edge off.
I think I have about 6 regular size mason jars full of it right now. I will say the FP is the best vape for this, just crank up the heat and let er rip.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
What's up brother, hope your well.

Do you find a big difference between avb you water cure and the stuff you don't? The coconut oil I use with avb is dirty looking, wondering if water curing might clean up the look of it a bit.

Howdy friend!
Water curing makes me want to go back to vaping concentrates after seeing all that dirty water 😁

It mostly helps remove a lot of the spent flavor, my oil still comes out kinda dark but It's probably lighter than if I wouldn't have water cured. I think it's worth doing, but it is a bit of a process.

Vaporware

I just stored mine for years, but recently I finally started making topicals with it. I think it works fairly well there, but I’ve only made 1 batch so far and it could have been better than average AVB. It definitely wasn’t all fully extracted before it went into the AVB jar.

Considering all of the stories I’ve read about eating or inhaling AVB (good and bad), I think this is probably the right direction for those of us who are more cautious about what we put into our bodies.

My only real concerns with topicals are whether or not there’s anything potentially harmful created in the AVB (stories like Tommy’s make me wonder), and whether or not these hypothesized substances could get in through your skin. :sherlock: :shrug:

Vaporware,

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
I mix my AVB with coconut oil and leave it steeping for a few days. Then I put it in capsules and take 3 late at night after a few lung fulls of vapour with a melatonin supplement and I'm off to nighty nights. It definitely helps me get to sleep for which I'm incredibly grateful.

Philabrookla

@philabrookla
Since I purchased the Flowerpot, I use my ABV in that when I'm out of the good stuff. It's not something I enjoy doing but it takes the edge off.
I think I have about 6 regular size mason jars full of it right now. I will say the FP is the best vape for this, just crank up the heat and let er rip.
Of all the AVB ideas this is the one that makes the most sense to me. If I'm ever about to toss some AVB with life left in it, I'll try to remember to stash it aside for some high-temp vapbong cleanup. If I do this on a weekly basis I can keep it relatively fresh.

Top Bottom