Abv Qwiso Hash

Status
Not open for further replies.

vapor9

elsewhere
There's little info out there about using ABV for QWISO HASH so SWIM figured he would give it a try. SWIM used 30g of well vaped ABV (using a volcano digi @ 370F) SWIM stuck the 99% iso and ABV in the freezer for a few hrs, did a quick rinse (50secs shaken) and filtered. Here are some pics of the drying and SWIM will post pics of the finished product sometime tomorrow....

p1010063g.jpg

30grams (crushed finer then shown)
p1010064g.jpg

Fan pointed at the plate
p1010065u.jpg

Looks like there's something in there!

SWIM thinks it looks like mid-grade HO right now, fingers are crossed!

vr9

vapor9,

Samsquanch

Vapor Astronaut
Uh huh , so far so good , cant wait to hear the quality report , good job
just might try it myself

Samsquanch,

Qbit

cannabanana
lwien said:
Who the hell is SWIM ?
SWIM = Someone Who Isn't Me.

A cute acronym for the paranoid. I've seen it more on grow forums and non-weed drug forums.

Qbit,

vapor9

elsewhere
Thanks for all the replies......Sam, SWIM will let u know exactly what he thinks of the end products' flavor, potency etc. These are the questions that fueled SWIM's desire to do this.

Q, SWIM went with QWISO because he doesn't have a butane setup and was curious. SWIM is very interested in trying butane onto water extraction, but butane kinda scares SWIM. Take care guys.

vr9

vapor9,

lwien

Qbit said:
lwien said:
Who the hell is SWIM ?
SWIM = Someone Who Isn't Me.

A cute acronym for the paranoid. I've seen it more on grow forums and non-weed drug forums.
Strange. I've never seen this before.

lwien,

Qbit

cannabanana
vapor9 said:
Q, SWIM went with QWISO because he doesn't have a butane setup and was curious. SWIM is very interested in trying butane onto water extraction, but butane kinda scares SWIM. Take care guys.

vr9
If you want to try butane, check this thread by Hashmasta-Kut, widely considered the leading expert on butane honey oil (and also creator of the Kut-Pipe, the choice oil vape of many serious oilers):

http://www.thcfarmer.com/forums/f60/butane-extraction-instructional-7661/

There are indeed real dangers involved in making BHO, so read the instructions carefully. Mind you there are hazards involved with iso as well, but less so, unless you become complacent and reckless.

Qbit,

vapor9

elsewhere
p1010003.jpg

p1010002nb.jpg

Its been 22hrs the stuff is still wet. SWIM will likely wait another 14-16hrs before scraping, he said it smells great too. :p

Side note: SWIM can vouch for the quality of the brownies made using this procedure...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNEnwwDleHc

Quick and ez without making cannabutter/oil (SWIM used ALOT of AVB like 27g)

vr9

vapor9,

SimonC

I was going to start a thread about QWISO. I make the stuff a few times a week. Mostly, it's used for chocolate truffles that eat like peanuts, but I digress. When I make the oil from vaped product, it has a consistently appearing, very noticeable paranoia effect. No doubt it's intensified by the quantity injected, but I don't notice the effect nearly as much when using any other starting material. Has anyone else noticed this? I've wondered whether the paranoia was specific to my individual body chemistry.

Edit: If I could make a suggestion as to the evaporation process, a stand-alone electric hotplate can be had for a song. It's typically setup outside the dwelling, on a back porch perhaps, with a pot of boiling water set on top. The pot of water, when topped with a Pyrex pie plate containing the Iso, acts as a double boiler. The procedure is safe, effective, and fairly quick. The (starting) quantity above would be evap'd in less than 1/2 hour on low heat. On higher heat - ie. a rolling boil - maybe 5-8 minutes.

Simon

SimonC,

Qbit

cannabanana
vapor9 said:
http://img369.imageshack.us/img369/3135/p1010003.jpg
http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/7028/p1010002nb.jpg

Its been 22hrs the stuff is still wet. SWIM will likely wait another 14-16hrs before scraping, he said it smells great too. :p

Side note: SWIM can vouch for the quality of the brownies made using this procedure...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNEnwwDleHc

Quick and ez without making cannabutter/oil (SWIM used ALOT of AVB like 27g)

vr9
Do you only cook with it? Or do you smoke/vape it as well? It won't be as clean as oil made with butane, but vaping that stuff in the same session as fresh herb should give you major couchlock. :ko:

Oh and if you put the plate on a warm appliance (TV, stereo, hot water heater etc) it'll dry faster.

Qbit,

vapor9

elsewhere
Simon: Well SWIM'll let you know how the stone is once it's done but this stuff will scrape dry, SWIM doesnt want oil. As far as the AVB causing elevated paranoia SWIM can relate in regards to the baked goods SWIM made. People reported that the high was like mushrooms and made them VERY paranoid. SWIM thinks if they ate less it would have been fine, but SWIM is new to all this so maybe ABV does cause more paranoia. SWIM'll get back to u on his opinion of it after he has the finished product.

Q: After it dries SWIM was going to try adding it to the chamber of weed so again SWIM'll let u know! Thanks for the drying tip SWIM is trying it.

vr9

vapor9,

vapor9

elsewhere
fwiw this is SWIM's first attempt at QWISO ABV HASH he is a solid noob when it comes to processing ABV.

vapor9,

Qbit

cannabanana
vapor9 said:
Q: After it dries SWIM was going to try adding it to the chamber of weed so again SWIM'll let u know! Thanks for the drying tip SWIM is trying it.

vr9
Oh and btw I afraid the oil isn't going to work too well in the volcano, with or without herb, as it's made up of the high-boilers which won't vapourize at the lower temps (hey they didn't the first time around when they were still in the weed). So unless you turn your temp way up to near-combustion levels (can you even do that with the Cano?) you'd be much better off hotknifing it.

Qbit,

Qbit

cannabanana
vapor9 said:
fwiw this is SWIM's first attempt at QWISO ABV HASH he is a solid noob when it comes to processing ABV.
Hehe well that's what we're here for. And it looks like you're doing just fine :)

Qbit,

vapor9

elsewhere
Qbit said:
Oh and btw I afraid the oil isn't going to work too well in the volcano, with or without herb, as it's made up of the high-boilers which won't vapourize at the lower temps (hey they didn't the first time around when they were still in the weed). So unless you turn your temp way up to near-combustion levels (can you even do that with the Cano?) you'd be much better off hotknifing it.
Yea the max for a digit is 445F is that hot enough? (I wouldn't vape buds at that temp ever). Hot knifing is fine cant wait to try it. Thanks again Q take care.

vr9

vapor9,

SimonC

vapor9 said:
Simon: Well SWIM'll let you know how the stone is once it's done but this stuff will scrape dry, SWIM doesnt want oil.
<grin> I don't think you understand. QWISO, like BHO, is oil. It's the essential oil contained in the working mass, along with some contaminants. At lower temps, it sits as a solid. :)

As far as the AVB causing elevated paranoia SWIM can relate in regards to the baked goods SWIM made. People reported that the high was like mushrooms and made them VERY paranoid. SWIM thinks if they ate less it would have been fine, but SWIM is new to all this so maybe ABV does cause more paranoia. SWIM'll get back to u on his opinion of it after he has the finished product.
That's, indeed, very interesting. I find that oil, in general, tends to bring about a more paranoid sensation compared to smoking/vaping product, but oil from vaped product brings it to a whole new extreme.

Simon

SimonC,

vapor9

elsewhere
Simon: SWIM was led to believe that if SWIM let the oil sit on the plate long enough it would eventually harden....that has yet to happen and it's been ~34hrs. Maybe it won't solidify...

vr9

vapor9,

lwien

vapor9 said:
Simon: SWIM was led to believe that if SWIM let the oil sit on the plate long enough it would eventually harden....that has yet to happen and it's been ~34hrs. Maybe it won't solidify...

vr9
It will if you put it in the freezer.

lwien,

SimonC

vapor9 said:

vr9
It'll harden once all the Iso is evaporated. Typically, those who choose not to utilize the double boiler method put the Iso solution out in the sun or in a warm place, as suggested earlier. Otherwise, it takes forever. If 70% was used, which I (personally) do not recommend, it'll take even longer.

I actually made some QWISO for truffles last night. ~1/2oz starting material shaken in 91% Iso for 2 minutes. It took about a half hour from start to finish. I turn on the double boiler first, so it's ready to go.

Simon

SimonC,

SimonC

I should mention that if you guys have questions about hash making, QWISO, dry sift, or any other processing-related query, I'd be happy to help. BHO, however, is not within my realm of expertise.

Simon

SimonC,

steiner666

Serial vapist
interesting. I've been stocking up on ABV for a few months now. I was planning on making cannabutter and cooking with it, but i've only done that one other time and wasn't too impressed with the results. Granted, i used trimmings and should have done something to get rid of the overabundance of chlorophyll before using them, which would have resulted in a much less grassy taste to the cookies. Taste aside, the effect was far too subtle, so obviously it wasnt enough for the amount of butter i made.

This sounds more appealing. You just take the ABV and shake it up with a bit of iso alcohol and then strain it and let what passes through evap? What's a good ratio of ABV weight to i iso quantity? What should the consistency be in the end after evap? What are the best uses for the final product? I think i'd be more interested in the possibilities of ingestion, since combustion is not an option and I don't think I want to try vaping it in either of the vapes i own.

Can you just add the stuff to whatever you're cooking? I'm guessing since it's made with ABV that, if you could stand the flavor, you could probably just directly eat/drink it and get the effect? Share some recipes or something i guess lol

steiner666,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
If you don't want to combust or vape you should look into the green/golden dragon thread.

You use everclear or high alcohol vodka instead of ISO for making drinkables. It will make you a nice batch of swamp water but watch out.... Shit can knock you over :)

Lo,

SimonC

steiner666 said:
Can you just add the stuff to whatever you're cooking? I'm guessing since it's made with ABV that, if you could stand the flavor, you could probably just directly eat/drink it and get the effect? Share some recipes or something i guess lol
Canna products have to be added to fat before cooking. For example, when I make truffles, I steep the oil in heavy cream on top of a double boiler for 10-15 minutes.

Simon

SimonC,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom